Last Movie You Watched?

Great movie. It's known as "Hachiko: A Dog's Story" here in Canada and other countries. Weird, I know. It's a very touching and emotional movie. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

saw that about 6 months ago, great film!
it was kind of poetic and it was sad.

oh just tonight i saw "Psychic Experiment" a B-grade flick but alot of fun watching....not for kids though, it sort of reminds me of Peter Jackson's early film "Bad Taste" in terms of SFX approaches...hilirious lol

yeah thats the one, the covers and story seem tacky, but have you seem it? I havent and i dont wanna waste time if its REally bad, like BORING

It's greatness actually. It's not nearly as vulgar or filthy as you may assume but overall it's really entertaining. If youre into horror comedy, def check it out.

kevinbellamy <<<< whats Moneyball is like?

Well, I am not a fan of baseball. In fact, it's one of my least favorite sports but regardless how I feel about the game, this is a solid film. Sure it's slow paced and never really seems to pick up any momentum but I found myself absorbed in the story and what they were trying to accomplish.

Well, I am not a fan of baseball. In fact, it's one of my least favorite sports but regardless how I feel about the game, this is a solid film. Sure it's slow paced and never really seems to pick up any momentum but I found myself absorbed in the story and what they were trying to accomplish.

You know, I'm not a fan of sports myself. Yet I like to watch movies about sports. Go figure.

The Smurfs. :) The actor who as gargamel in the movie did a fine job. I just watched The Babe on movie channel the other nite, it's about Babe Ruth. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat movie!

The Boondock Saints
actually bloody good!, best entertaining in a long while... a thrashy film with an A grade treatment, I LIKE it.....a kind of a la pulp fiction in the Boston backdrop...

Re-watched 'Garden State' with Zach Braff & Natalie Portman. One of my all-time favourite films :D

Great movie. It's known as "Hachiko: A Dog's Story" here in Canada and other countries. Weird, I know. It's a very touching and emotional movie. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

:hmm: Did you write the first review that turns up on Netflix?

I'm a grown man who usually scoffs at schmaltzy or overly melodramatic films. I will admit that a select few films have caused me to shed a tear over the years but nothing compares to the emotional impact I experienced while watching "Hachi: A Dog's Tale". This elegant film tells a simple story of unconditional love and loyalty between a man and his dog. The less one knows about the particulars of the story the better so I will not go into the details of the narrative. Suffice to say that watching this film is like reliving your first real heart-break from the perspective of yourself at that particular age. The emotional sting was so raw and vivid that at certain times I found myself reliving poignant moments of love and loss from my past. I'm not ashamed to admit that the tears came early and flowed freely during the last half hour of this film. This story is so deeply moving that it compelled me to openly weep without regard for manly composure. At one point I gazed at my wife as she was inconsolably sobbing and whimpering like a child. She was in such a state that I asked her if I she would prefer that I turn off the TV. She managed to whipser "no" so I took her hand in mine and held her close for the remainder of the film. At the conclusion we sat in silence, our hearts heavy and worn, long after the final credits had ran past. I awoke that night with thoughts of love and commitment mixed with the same deep feelings of sorrow and loss. I'm reminded of how fortunate I am to have experienced the bond of unconditional love. It is a true miracle and should be cherished...no matter how long its lasts. I think that I will remember this film and its message for the rest of my life.

Re-watched 'Garden State' with Zach Braff & Natalie Portman. One of my all-time favourite films :D

Yeah, that's a good one. Zach Braff's first big screen project. It was well-received, but still underappreciated, IMO. Same with Scrubs. He manages to draw a diehard cult following, but can't quite get mainstream to be receptive.

The Neverending Story on Blu-ray.

Looks wonderful but apparently there is a Dutch and/or German release that looks slightly better? I dunno.. I'd def double dip if WB ever decides to put out a definite release. This has NO extra features. Not even a trailer. Bummer

Back