Kitchen renovation project

Oops. My bad. Yes, the oven is self cleaning.

ChicagoBlue2

Sent from my Cricket phone via AllDeaf Mobile App

Yes love those. I grew up cleaning the oven inside using Easy-Off and it wasn't fun. The fumes were terrible until they came out with fumes-free one. Now that I have self-cleaning oven, will not go back to ones without. Same with defrost free freezers. I had to defrost the freezer once in awhile. Looking back, I'm glad I went through those experiences so now I appreciate the updated things that they have now.

I used to have electric stove with those coils and drip pans. (like below pic) The drip pans were horrible to clean. I bought black ones and they were great but still hard to clean so I eventually got flat top and it's great! Never will go back to drip pans ever again.

dirty_drip_pan_and_stove_top_s2.jpg

I do still have a stove with this style burners (not this dirty). That is because I don't want to give up my just upper oven that has a side swing door (like today's microwaves but bigger). The range is from the 1950's as near as any of us can tell. All I have seen with the side swing door in a modern one is a wall oven that runs 2-3 thousand for the oven alone. You will probably want to click on the photo that is a scan of the owner's manual that previous owners have passed along more than once. I have the more basic model.

This is what I have:Range from manual.jpg

I not seen stove hob like that in years I getting old..lastnight my husband kept hearing clicking we hunt it down and it pilot light on my cooker I turn it off but I wonder if it was dangerous

…… Mark? Trouble to turn it on?

Not tonight. I had a very trying day today-- my friend and I chose the wrong day to meet up, and the St. Patrick Day weekend messed up my plans real good.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Mark, do you feel up to turning on a burner today?

Mark, do you feel up to turning on a burner today?

I actually did better than that-- I asked maintenance, and he says both the stove and oven are gas.

Mark

I actually did better than that-- I asked maintenance, and he says both the stove and oven are gas.

Mark

What made you think stove and oven were electric in the first place? Why you don't bother to turn it on for test to make sure it's works correct?

Are you afraid of the fire?

What made you think stove and oven were electric in the first place? Why you don't bother to turn it on for test to make sure it's works correct?

Are you afraid of the fire?

No, I'm not afraid, but let me put it this way-- when I woke up at 5:30 AM this morning, I was quite sore, so I am still recovering, in a way.

Mark

Well, I'll say this: this stove we have cleans itself. How about that?! :P

That is nothing new ,self cleaning stoves ben around for awhile. I have one too that I brought about 6 years ago.

I can't understand how you can be too sore to turn on a stove when you just went out for a day.

As per some members requests, here's the picture of the burning stovetop:

Attachments

• IMG_20140317_132934_0.jpg
    IMG_20140317_132934_0.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 23
That is nothing new ,self cleaning stoves ben around for awhile. I have one too that I brought about 6 years ago.

I can't understand how you can be too sore to turn on a stove when you just went out for a day.

Because A) I walked a good distance from the Metra to the #22 Clark bus stop, B) CTA buses aren't designed for sitting for nearly 2 hours, and C) I slept the wrong way last night.

There were self-cleaning ovens in early 1990s too.

The oven is electric, and cooktop is gas.

I don't understand why they did this and not a free standing range that is cheaper as one unit vs two unit.

Back