Kitchen renovation project

Are you sure? Those look like gas burners, not electric.

Honestly? No, I'm not. I didn't see the pipe for gas sticking out of the wall in earlier photos, which led me to believe they eliminated that. I'll have to check back.

Are you sure? Those look like gas burners, not electric.

They look like gas to me as well. Also it looks like a separate cook top and oven rather than a range. Thus it could be a gas cooktop and an electric oven (such as can also be installed higher on a wall).

I am glad to see that the drawers do open. I was seeing visions of them being off just enough to keep them from opening. I can't help but wonder though if over time then are going to scratch the cabinet that is next to them under the sink.

I am still disappointed that they did not find a way to access the corner. What they did lost a good deal of storage.

They look like gas to me as well. Also it looks like a separate cook top and oven rather than a range. Thus it could be a gas cooktop and an electric oven (such as can also be installed higher on a wall).

I am glad to see that the drawers do open. I was seeing visions of them being off just enough to keep them from opening. I can't help but wonder though if over time then are going to scratch the cabinet that is next to them under the sink.

I am still disappointed that they did not find a way to access the corner. What they did lost a good deal of storage.

:dunno: All I know is that I didn't see the pipe, but they may have added it later on, for safety reasons. An open gas pipe is not a wise idea.

:dunno: All I know is that I didn't see the pipe, but they may have added it later on, for safety reasons. An open gas pipe is not a wise idea.
For crying out loud, turn a knob on the stove top and see what happens!

Thank You. Final photos are set for later today. I believe they have eliminated the use of a gas stove, and put in an electric one, and that's not a bad thing. That'll save a lot of money on gas usage when the kitchen officially reopens later today.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

This is electric stove.
modern-stove.jpg

Your stove is gas because of burner grate.

For crying out loud, turn a knob on the stove top and see what happens!

I agree! And while you are at it look in the oven to see which it is. They could have put in a gas cooktop and an electric oven.

This is electric stove.
modern-stove.jpg

Your stove is gas because of burner grate.

What you have shown is not what all of today's electric cooktops look like. They still make ones with coils but they are not the shape of the burners shown in Mark's photos.

Sorry to disappoint you all, but I have a prior commitment to attend to. I'm already out of the house, and will be back around 5:15 PM or so.

ChicagoBlue2

Sent from my Cricket phone via AllDeaf Mobile App

I used to have electric stove with those coils and drip pans. (like below pic) The drip pans were horrible to clean. I bought black ones and they were great but still hard to clean so I eventually got flat top and it's great! Never will go back to drip pans ever again.

dirty_drip_pan_and_stove_top_s2.jpg

Kitchen looks nice. Better looking than mine!

That's to be determined. We've already tested out some of the lights, and they're awesome. Heck, I even got a couple of free lightbulbs for my use. Doesn't get any better than that.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Are they incandescent light bulbs or the energy efficient light bulbs? The stove sure like is gas to me too and that is what I thought the moment I saw the photo. and Reba that was great one about turning the stove on to see if it gas or not !

I thought the people that lived in the place where on low income so how can some of them afford to eat out all the time? I know people that are working and they could not afford to do that.

Are they incandescent light bulbs or the energy efficient light bulbs? The stove sure like is gas to me too and that is what I thought the moment I saw the photo. and Reba that was great one about turning the stove on to see if it gas or not !

I thought the people that lived in the place where on low income so how can some of them afford to eat out all the time? I know people that are working and they could not afford to do that.

We are low income, but we have to learn how to manage money wisely as needed. For example, my female friend is coming to town today, and I needed to use my money carefully to ensure I would have a budget for today's meet. I had to learn how to resist to spend, and surprisingly, I still have enough for dinner tonight.

ChicagoBlue2

Sent from my Cricket phone via AllDeaf Mobile App

It happens all the time. People on welfare and food stamps buying steaks and stuff that people who do work can't afford. It's nothing new.

Back