KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Anyone ever eat at KFC?

Anyone remember when it used to be called Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Yep, that's the whole name... but they shortened it to KFC in 1991. They still market themselves as KFC insead of the whole name, but do mention Kentucky Fried Chicken from time to time.

Which do you prefer... "Kentucky Fried Chicken" or "KFC"? Which is more appealing to you?

Why?

i remember when kfc used to be called kentucky fried chicken. the only nice thing about using the abbreviation kfc as opposed to kentucky fried chicken is the fact that it's shorter to pronounce. aside from that, it makes no difference to me what they are called.

Either...depend on my mood! LOL! YUMMY chicken! MMM! I haven't had it in a long time but I don't think I'll go back again due to my gall bladder...but wait and see.....I don't mind eat maybe once a year...its getting expensive now.

This is so weird because just yesterday we were driving around (actually I was lost as a goose)...and the restaurant was spelled out like in the old days..."Kentucky Fried Chicken." I pointed it out to my boyfriend and said, "Look! That's spelled out! It's not KFC." And now I see this thread.

Man, Being from Kentucky - I swear, I see KFC literally everywhere! :lol:

KFC's food used to be good in the old days but now these days, their food is just not as good as it used to be. I like going to KFC but lately, I'm just pretty much tired of seeing it everywhere, lol.

Okay, Yeah, It's appealing for it to be called KFC because it is what makes it Kentucky Fried Chicken. It is their icon, their symbol and everyone knows KFC is for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

If it were up to me, I'd just use KFC as an abbreviation. If one doesn't know what KFC is, I'd just point out that it is Kentucky Fried Chicken. I've been using "KFC" all my life. It's just something that I've been used to for a long time now. It'd feel weird if I were to say "Kentucky Fried Chicken" all the time, lol.

Man, Being from Kentucky - I swear, I see KFC literally everywhere! :lol:

KFC's food used to be good in the old days but now these days, their food is just not as good as it used to be. I like going to KFC but lately, I'm just pretty much tired of seeing it everywhere, lol.

Okay, Yeah, It's appealing for it to be called KFC because it is what makes it Kentucky Fried Chicken. It is their icon, their symbol and everyone knows KFC is for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

If it were up to me, I'd just use KFC as an abbreviation. If one doesn't know what KFC is, I'd just point out that it is Kentucky Fried Chicken. I've been using "KFC" all my life. It's just something that I've been used to for a long time now. It'd feel weird if I were to say "Kentucky Fried Chicken" all the time, lol.
There was one thing that I really miss... Chicken Littles!

Yep, mini chicken sandwiches. No, I'm not talking about Snackers. These are smaller and tastier!

They were around during the late 80s... 40 cents each! If they were 50 cents each today, I would order a dozen! :)

I used to like it.

One time we had the hankering for it and stopped at KFC. Ate our meal and ended up coming home with severe cramps and diarrhea.

Food is just not the same as it was before.

I used to like it.

One time we had the hankering for it and stopped at KFC. Ate our meal and ended up coming home with severe cramps and diarrhea.

It was probably a one-time thing.

It happened to me before... once at Taco Bell, once at Taco Bueno, and once at Burger King. I still eat at those places today because I know it was a one-time thing... probably a bad day for them, for me, or something I ate/drank before/after eating there. :dunno:

It was probably a one-time thing.

It happened to me before... once at Taco Bell, once at Taco Bueno, and once at Burger King. I still eat at those places today because I know it was a one-time thing... probably a bad day for them, for me, or something I ate/drank before/after eating there. :dunno:

Regardless if it was a one time deal or not--I didn't like the cramps and I've NEVER seen a white bowl go to THAT shade of brown before! :lol:

Besides--the closest fast food restaurants to me is about 40 miles.

yea i remember the old name. i still call it KFC as my lazy call. I am not a huge of KFC all my life. sometimes i had no choice to eat there.

I remember I ate KFC chicken on year ago. I love KFC. I have not eat KFC since 2007.

I used to like it.

something similar happened to me after eating burger king. i experienced vomiting and haven't eaten their food in over a year. as vampy said, it was probably a one time deal, but i can't bring myself to eat burger king because everytime i think of their food, it reminds me of this incident. :iobarf: it's sad because i used to *love* burger king.

I used to like it.

no, it's not. fast food from 20 or 30 years ago was *much* better than it is today.

something similar happened to me after eating burger king. i experienced vomiting and haven't eaten their food in over a year. as vampy said, it was probably a one time deal, but i can't bring myself to eat burger king because everytime i think of their food, it reminds me of this incident. :iobarf: it's sad because i used to *love* burger king.

I had the same experience after eating a restaurant pizza one time. I had a cold and the pizza was greasy. Eating the pizza was probably the worst thing I could do under the circumstances, but I took a bite of my slice and got sick. I swore off eating pizza for about 7 yrs after that. Even now, I won't eat an overly greasy pizza because it might sicken me.

I had the same experience after eating a restaurant pizza one time. I had a cold and the pizza was greasy. Eating the pizza was probably the worst thing I could do under the circumstances, but I took a bite of my slice and got sick. I swore off eating pizza for about 7 yrs after that. Even now, I won't eat an overly greasy pizza because it might sicken me.

Speaking of pizza, I really miss Godfather's pizza! Man, their pizza was/is good!!

i know how that is. the same thing happens to me whenever i eat pizza hut. for whatever reason, it makes me gag, so i eat frozen pizza (or little ceasars) instead.

speaking of pizza, i miss rocky rococo's. their pizza was delicious! :D

i know how that is. the same thing happens to me whenever i eat pizza hut. for whatever reason, it makes me gag, so i eat frozen pizza (or little ceasars) instead.

speaking of pizza, i miss rocky rococo's. their pizza was delicious! :D

Me too!

After the family sold the restaurant chain to a large company (PepsiCo), they have very little association with the state of Kentucky, so that was probably one of reasons why they shortened it to KFC. Yes, KFC is still headquartered in Kentucky (Louisville) under Yum! Brands, but it is not the same it was decades ago, even after Col. Harland Sanders died.

Back