Keyboard Cleaning

:lol: maybe I shuld shake the crap out of keyboard over ur open mouth while u r sleeping. So u'll wake up with aftertaste from crumbs, dust and cat hair. :rofl2:

Catty

If that happen, I would be like this: :barf: Oops, sorry about your shirt. :giggle:

Here the simple method:

1) make picture of your keyboard. (Why? Because you will get all key button off. Which you forgot put together.)

2) unplug the cord.

3) unscrew it and get all depart and wash all of them.

4) make sure 100% dry!

5) put together and the key will snap in when you press in. (depend on kind of keyboard some are flat can be difficult.)

6) plug in and have fun with clean keyboard.

Sound like u have keyboard that have thin flimsy keyboard contacts/cover that spread entire keyboard so spills can't penerate thru it. I bet u might want to crack open the bottom cover and may have rusts on long, wide metal "brace" that supports transparent flimsy circuitboard and thin flimsy keyboard contact/cover. :rofl2:

Catty
I've already taken my whole keyboard apart. There are no signs of rust anywhere. It's perfectly dust-free inside. The only thing that's dirty are the keys and the surface. That's the part I clean whenever I take apart my keyboard and put it back together. :)

Here the simple method:

1) make picture of your keyboard. (Why? Because you will get all key button off. Which you forgot put together.)

2) unplug the cord.

3) unscrew it and get all depart and wash all of them.

4) make sure 100% dry!

5) put together and the key will snap in when you press in. (depend on kind of keyboard some are flat can be difficult.)

6) plug in and have fun with clean keyboard.
A friend gave me a brand new keyboard. It has the exact same layout as the old keyboard. I've already got most of this keyboard memorized. So, if I ever have a key that I forget where it belongs... I use the new keyboard. ;)

I really want to get one of those transparent glass touchscreen keyboards.
2i6gkew.jpg

Only problem I can see with this type of clear screen no-spring keyboards is that it may be more likely to induce carpal tunnel and tired hands after long periods of writing.

Good side is that cleaning it will be very easy. And it makes you look 100x smarter or cooler to tech illiterate people.

I really want to get one of those transparent glass touchscreen keyboards.
2i6gkew.jpg

Only problem I can see with this type of clear screen no-spring keyboards is that it may be more likely to induce carpal tunnel and tired hands after long periods of writing.

Good side is that cleaning it will be very easy. And it makes you look 100x smarter or cooler to tech illiterate people.

Very nice and ez to clean. It all depend how you type on flat keybord. Sometime you might want to prop it up or prop down for your comfort to prevent Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Most important part is that you do not bend down or up your hand too much that can pinch nerves on wrist.. Provide proper support and develop habit not to have pressure your wrist against keyboard or any object before keyboard. I have been doing 10 keys at work for 8 years and never had one. Secret is that keep pressure off the wrist!!

I'm sure this is an old news, here's another type of keyboard which is portable and just wipe the desk if spilled drink.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH8CUTimTvY]YouTube - laser keyboard[/ame]

Guess what!!

Last night......

Funny thing happen to same keyboard that I cleaned couple days ago like I mentioned above post:

My daughter came up to me and informed me there were a virus on basement pc. I checked and I typed and it was causing pc to pop up window ect randomly. I saw the knocked over cup next to keyboard but no liquid?:confused::confused:

When I lifted one side of Wireless keyboard fully and I went :-o:eek2:

The liquid gushed out of keyboard to desk like a waterfall!!! :jaw:

I frozed while holding up the keyboard, staring water dripping from keyboard to puddle on desk..

:roll: OOOHHH no wonder!! :roll:

:eek2: 8 oz of water filled inside the keyboard!!! :eek2:

I asked her if she spilled or not. She denied and said that it was like that when she first came to the pc. We both figured that blame goes to my mischievous cat, Midnight!!!! Because my cat love to knock over any cups or cans filled with liquid and drink it.

Who brought the cup of water downstair day before? I did! I got :Owned:

So my daughter and I took keyboard upstair and in her bedroom. We did 30 min keyboard "surgery" and dried with her hairdyer . (she had fun learning what's inside of keyboard :lol:) After we put it all back together and brought downstair. It worked fine but the "b" key responded with "b4" and If we hit "4" responded exactly the same "b4". Rest of key works just the way it normally should.

:hmm: I thought there were problem with the key until I decide to check next day and it works fine. I realized that the circuitboard that interprete key grid to alpa/numberic code and transmit wireless signal to receiver was a little wet. Now it's working fine! Whew!!

Oopsie!!:giggle:

Catty

Last edited:
Wow! It's a good thing that you cleaned it out safety. Gee, I would imagine if you and your daughter would get shocked from the electricity on the wet keyboard. :dunno:

For the transparent glass touch-screen keyboard, I personally don't like this keyboard because it is a red laser on your skin that something that could be a skin cancer if you use it a lot. :hmm:

Wow! It's a good thing that you cleaned it out safety. Gee, I would imagine if you and your daughter would get shocked from the electricity on the wet keyboard. :dunno:

For the transparent glass touch-screen keyboard, I personally don't like this keyboard because it is a red laser on your skin that something that could be a skin cancer if you use it a lot. :hmm:

Nah, it's Wireless keyboard which uses cute 3 volt DC (2 of AA batteries). It can't shock anyone if it wet.
It's like dropping cellphone in water and pick up wet cellphone. It would cause internal component to go funky.

As for Virtual keyboard, Laser LED do not burns ur skin so it won't get u cancer. It have great benefit killing cancer cells in medicial terms. But don't look directly at Source of laser (standing base where laser inside). I'm not here to freak u out :lol:

I rather to have slim or nice comfortable keyboard.

Swiss company developed ergonomic spherical keyboard worth over $1,000 :eek2: it was 9 years ago. (It's same concept that u hold the the ball naturally with both hands. The keyboard have split sides that u natually type like normal keyboard) Look comfortable. I tried to google search and can't find exactly 'spherical keyboard'. I guess it no longer selling it.

Catty

a friend gave me a brand new keyboard. It has the exact same layout as the old keyboard. I've already got most of this keyboard memorized. So, if i ever have a key that i forget where it belongs... I use the new keyboard. ;)

lol!

Nah, it's Wireless keyboard which uses cute 3 volt DC (2 of AA batteries). It can't shock anyone if it wet.
It's like dropping cellphone in water and pick up wet cellphone. It would cause internal component to go funky.

As for Virtual keyboard, Laser LED do not burns ur skin so it won't get u cancer. It have great benefit killing cancer cells in medicial terms. But don't look directly at Source of laser (standing base where laser inside). I'm not here to freak u out :lol:

I rather to have slim or nice comfortable keyboard.

Swiss company developed ergonomic spherical keyboard worth over $1,000 :eek2: it was 9 years ago. (It's same concept that u hold the the ball naturally with both hands. The keyboard have split sides that u natually type like normal keyboard) Look comfortable. I tried to google search and can't find exactly 'spherical keyboard'. I guess it no longer selling it.

Catty

wow, check it out on OLED keyboard, it's growing.

wow, check it out on OLED keyboard, it's growing.

Nice!! So you don't have to worry about clicking icons on screen, just tap OLED keypad to select pre-selected pictures! Cool!

It'll be very nice if different OLED keyboard would change colors like screensaver while you type.

Catty

Nice!! So you don't have to worry about clicking icons on screen, just tap OLED keypad to select pre-selected pictures! Cool!

It'll be very nice if different OLED keyboard would change colors like screensaver while you type.

Catty

Also set any key for your specific software for example, I play game so I design special key with icon on the keys so I know also turn off the keys that not use in game mode which is cool.

Here the link: Optimus Maximus keyboard

Holy cow! That is way too expensive. It's crazy!

I rather wait for Ocean State Job Lot stores that sell the exact Optimus Maximus keyboard this year. I hope that it will be 30 dollars!

Back