Keyboard Cleaning

If some notebook keyboard s letters wear out, you can buy keyboard stickers.

Remember, George Bush's secretaries' keyboard button was missing a letter with "W" when he became a first president.

You think? Hmm. Ever heard of recycling?
I always buy new keyboard every 3 months, are you going to sue me for polluting the environment? :lol:
If you were more careful with your keyboard, you could have saved up enough to buy a computer game or a DVD! ;)

You think? Hmm. Ever heard of recycling?
I always buy new keyboard every 3 months, are you going to sue me for polluting the environment? :lol:

No, but it's a bit strange to buy a new one every 3 months...that's about 20 dollars a year.

No, but it's a bit strange to buy a new one every 3 months...that's about 20 dollars a year.

authentic ,

Sound like you eat alot of crumbly junk foods such as Chips, cookies, toasted sandwiches ect., treating it like a food tray.

:lol: heeh heeh

Catty

BRRR! this thread makes me shudder. Reminds me of when i was a pc tech fixing pc on site. The HORRORS!! too many memories !!! good and bad and STRANGE ones too.

BRRR! this thread makes me shudder. Reminds me of when i was a pc tech fixing pc on site. The HORRORS!! too many memories !!! good and bad and STRANGE ones too.

hundreds of cockroaches stuffed in under keypads??

This reminded me of trying banging small wooden card table on driveway and sprayed cockroach killer spray. I see hundreds of them keep falling out and it was amazing how they crammed in inner corners of table! (I told my friend just throw it away!, don't just try to save it!) So Is what you're getting nightmare from your dream that you had like this on keyboard? :rofl:

Catty

Heh...I keep a keyboard til it bust. ;) I have an old blue and white G3 keyboard since 1999 and it still works lol. I clean it out with a knife or something sharp to peel out the gunk in between the keys...I just don't bother plucking all the keys off, just a few where it's sticky or stuck. I'm currently using the graphite keyboard that belongs to the G4 tower.

My favorite keyboard was the slender keyboard that came with the Intel Imac, which was stolen. :P

Last week, I was typing on Logitech Duo Lite wireless keyboard and it was sticky and hard to type. I had to pop off all keys from board, unscrew base and separate transparent flex circuitboard from plastic frame.. I went :eek2::ugh::barf:, The plastic top (where keys sit on) was full of dust, food crumbs, cat hair and sticky stuff lined up in a grid pattern around the keyholes collected over 7 years!! Luckily, soft flexible plastic key contacts/cover protected circuit from any spills, dust ect (that thing handles like a pizza dough :lol:).

Yuck!! So I had to take the plastic frame off and cleaned it with toothbrush and soapy water including keys too (I only cleaned long or fat keys, and 1/2 of regular keys and rest of them look clean anyway after soaked in soapy water). I used my daughter's hair dryer and a plastic black bake pan to hold keys and dry it (it swirls like a popcorn while using hair blower :lol:). Then I put it all back in together.

Now, it's clean and types smooth!

I can't afford to replace wireless keyboard but at least it's 7 years old and still works great so why waste money when you can just pop keys off the board and clean it and put it back in.

I told my kids, I just cleaned the keyboard and don't eat food candy over keyboard!!

I had original white Logitech wireless keyboard and pop was spilled into it and I didn't clean it asap till few months later, 1/2 of key function stopped working. I realized that when I took it apart and found out that pop acid had eaten away part of circuit on transparent flexboard, it had no protection over it (was an original design of Logitech's).. Not worth fixing it so I threw it away. I bought black Logitech Duo Lite like I mentioned above and last pretty long time!!

Catty

Last week, I was typing on Logitech Duo Lite wireless keyboard and it was sticky and hard to type. I had to pop off all keys from board, unscrew base and separate circuitboard from plastic frame.. I went :eek2::ugh::barf:, It was full of dust, food crumbs, cat hair and sticky stuff lined up in a grid pattern around the keyholes collected over 7 years!! Luckily, soft flexible plastic key contacts/cover protected circuit from any spills, dust ect (that thing handles like a pizza dough :lol:).

Yuck!! So I had to take the plastic frame off and cleaned it with toothbrush and soapy water including keys too (I only cleaned long or fat keys, and 1/2 of regular keys and rest of them look clean anyway after soaked in soapy water). I used my daughter's hair dryer and a plastic black bake pan to hold keys and dry it (it swirls like a popcorn while using hair blower :lol:). Then I put it all back in together.

Now, it's clean and types smooth!

I can't afford to replace wireless keyboard but at least it's 7 years old and still works great so why waste money when you can just pop keys off the board and clean it and put it back in.

I told my kids, I just cleaned the keyboard and don't eat food candy over keyboard!!

I had original white Logitech wireless keyboard and pop was spilled into it and I didn't clean it asap till few months later, 1/2 of key function stopped working. I realized that when I took it apart and found out that pop acid had eaten away part of circuit on transparent, it had no protection under it.. Not worth fixing it so I threw it away. I bought black Logitech Duo Lite like I mentioned above and last pretty long time!!

Catty

Wow, it is nice to have your keyboard back to normal. How long did you clean it out?

I have an UV light wand to kill the germs on the keyboard once a while. I thought that you would do the same thing.

Wow, it is nice to have your keyboard back to normal. How long did you clean it out?

I have an UV light wand to kill the germs on the keyboard once a while. I thought that you would do the same thing.

Took me an hour to take it apart, clean it and put it back together. It's ain't hard to do so if you know where to place the order of keys are. I just use my 2nd Wireless Logitech keyboard for comparison even though it is little different (Black Logitech Duo Lite was more advanced and have more function buttons than other).

I didn't need UV light since soapy water kills germs. Also basment window let sun in shining the keyboard kills germs anyway so who need UV.

Catty

I've spilled water on my keyboard twice, but when I opened it up... I found that everything inside was still dry.

Last week, I spilled fruit punch on it. (Blame the dog.) :roll:

So, I take it to the sink to pour it out. Since the keyboard was now pink, I decided to run some hot water on it. I first got a huge cup and fill it up with water and then poured it on my keyboard through my keys. I also ran the keyboard under the water in the sink. After a few minutes, I poured the water out.

I then took it apart so I could dry the keys. Guess what? The inside was still DRY!

It's one of those keyboards that traps liquid as it goes between the keys. Pretty cool.

By the way, this keyboard I'm using is the same keyboard I've used since September 2001. The same goes for my mouse, my computer tower, and my monitor. :)

I usually wash my G15 keyboard every 3-4 months or so. I very rarely eat in front of my PC, but I take the keyboard off, go in the backyard, shake it like I'm trying to kill someone and tons of stuff will fall out. Compressed air is good for the first blow, but it leaves like a crudload of remnants inside. You need like real pressurized air hose like a car air pump to blow it clean, not many have this option.

After I've done considerably enough of that, I take a shower towel, the real thin one, soap it up a bit and wash the keys upside down, dry it, do it once more, then dry. Done and clean like a baby's butt.

Took me an hour to take it apart, clean it and put it back together. It's ain't hard to do so if you know where to place the order of keys are. I just use my 2nd Wireless Logitech keyboard for comparison even though it is little different (Black Logitech Duo Lite was more advanced and have more function buttons than other).

I didn't need UV light since soapy water kills germs. Also basment window let sun in shining the keyboard kills germs anyway so who need UV.

Catty

Oh, cleaning it with soap is fine. I do clean it with a window sprayer. I just thought that it would be a convention for you to "clean" with UV wand on the keyboard within a few seconds to kill the germs. I have one. Actually, the germs are everywhere so it's just my preference to clean it both methods. Yawn! Sorry, I am tired now. I am about ready to bed. :zzz:

Oh, cleaning it with soap is fine. I do clean it with a window sprayer. I just thought that it would be a convention for you to "clean" with UV wand on the keyboard within a few seconds to kill the germs. I have one. Actually, the germs are everywhere so it's just my preference to clean it both methods. Yawn! Sorry, I am tired now. I am about ready to bed. :zzz:

:lol: maybe I shuld shake the crap out of keyboard over ur open mouth while u r sleeping. So u'll wake up with aftertaste from crumbs, dust and cat hair. :rofl2:

Catty

I've spilled water on my keyboard twice, but when I opened it up... I found that everything inside was still dry.

Last week, I spilled fruit punch on it. (Blame the dog.) :roll:

So, I take it to the sink to pour it out. Since the keyboard was now pink, I decided to run some hot water on it. I first got a huge cup and fill it up with water and then poured it on my keyboard through my keys. I also ran the keyboard under the water in the sink. After a few minutes, I poured the water out.

I then took it apart so I could dry the keys. Guess what? The inside was still DRY!

It's one of those keyboards that traps liquid as it goes between the keys. Pretty cool.

By the way, this keyboard I'm using is the same keyboard I've used since September 2001. The same goes for my mouse, my computer tower, and my monitor. :)

Sound like u have keyboard that have thin flimsy keyboard contacts/cover that spread entire keyboard so spills can't penerate thru it. I bet u might want to crack open the bottom cover and may have rusts on long, wide metal "brace" that supports transparent flimsy circuitboard and thin flimsy keyboard contact/cover. :rofl2:

Catty

Back