Kanye West Makes a Fool Out of Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loghead

Reaction score
Kanye West says he plans to take some time off to think about things after his outburst at the MTV Video Music Awards Sunday.

West has faced a chorus of criticism since he jumped on the stage as Taylor Swift accepted her Best Female Video award and argued that Beyoncé's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) was more deserving.

He was greeted with boos from the audience and apologized on his website the following day.

He used his appearance on The Jay Leno Show Monday night to apologize yet again.

"It was rude, period," West told Leno.

Leno asked what West's mother, Donda, who died in November 2007, would have said about the incident. West, who was very close to his mother, paused a long time before answering.

"You know, obviously, I deal with hurt and, you know, so many celebrities, they never take the time off," he said. "And I've never taken the time off, just music and music and tour after tour, and I'm ashamed that my hurt caused someone else's hurt."

West acknowledged that he was in the wrong, and had stolen Swift's moment in the spotlight.

"After this, I need to just take some time off and analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life, how I'm going to improve, because I am a celebrity and that's just something I'm going to have to deal with," he said.

West also phoned and apologized in person to Swift, after her appearance on Tuesday's The View, during which she told TV viewers she had yet to hear from him.

Leno had referred to the West incident in his monologue, saying President Barack Obama had invited West and Swift for a "root beer summit."

West spoke on Leno's show before performing with Jay-Z and Rihanna on Jay-Z's song Run This Town.

In the past, West has caused scenes after losing awards himself at the VMAs, the Grammys and the American Music Awards.

But bloggers and fans alike were unable to dismiss the Sunday night incident as just a celebrity tantrum.

Later in the awards show, Beyoncé gave up some of her own acceptance speech time so Swift could finish her acceptance speech.

Obama's take:

President Barack Obama gave his candid thoughts about Kanye West in an off-the-record CNBC interview on Monday.

Obama said West is a "jackass" for embarrassing country singer Taylor Swift.

The remark became public knowledge after an ABC employee repeated it on Twitter.

ABC has apologized to Obama and CNBC, saying an off-the-record conversation should not have become a tweet.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2009/09/15/kanye-west.html

I personally believe that Obama's wording was the best way you could describe Kanye West at the VMAs. :lol:

President Obama called him a "jackass!" I LOVE HIM!

Bad move on Kanye's part.

Seems like a lot of people have been having a hard time keeping their thoughts to themselves lately.

:whistle:

oooo Obama called Kanye "JACKASS" off-record at CNBC interview. OOOOOOOOO

"He's a jackass." and Obama is right.

I guess that he just had the spur of the moment to jump on stage without thinking to feel that Bonyce's music is more beautiful or best music than Swift's music. I guess then he got himself starting to analyze himself to stop and thought about what he had done to Swift's feeling of being surprise and hurt of what he was saying to her and the audience. He was not the first one to do that. I think back in 1940 or 1950, there was some embarrassment when a drunk former celebrity who was married to the famous star in the motion picture. He was jealous of her getting the Star treament than he had. I am not sure if that was true or not. It was a long time ago. But for West, he just made a mistake. Everyone make mistakes. :(

oooo Obama called Kanye "JACKASS" off-record at CNBC interview. OOOOOOOOO

"He's a jackass." and Obama is right.

for once, I agree with him LOL well, i have agree with him on other subjects too, like being a father to your children and such.

I guess that he just had the spur of the moment to jump on stage without thinking to feel that Bonyce's music is more beautiful or best music than Swift's music. I guess then he got himself starting to analyze himself to stop and thought about what he had done to Swift's feeling of being surprise and hurt of what he was saying to her and the audience. He was not the first one to do that. I think back in 1940 or 1950, there was some embarrassment when a drunk former celebrity who was married to the famous star in the motion picture. He was jealous of her getting the Star treament than he had. I am not sure if that was true or not. It was a long time ago. But for West, he just made a mistake. Everyone make mistakes. :(

well, I would call it mistake if it was his first time, but he have walked up and stole someone spotlight before.

But I'm sure he feels bad about it though.

lol, screw on Kanye West, immature rapper guy.

I definitely agree with Obama. It's not the first time Kanya West got on the stage. A few years ago, he got on the stage at Europe Music Awards ranting after he did not win for Best Video. He was saying," $&)#@)#! My video cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it! S#^&! Blah Blah Blah.

He has the BIGGEST ego ever.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with Obama. It's not the first time Kanya West got on the stage. A few years ago, he got on the stage at Europe Music Awards ranting after he did not win for Best Video. He was saying," $&)#@)#! My video cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it! S#^&! Blah Blah Blah.

He has the BIGGEST ego ever.

Yaya with Obama ... Kanye West is an idiot!

My hearing friend told me that He did five times to jump on the stages!! :ugh:

Kanye West's stupid. That's all I can say.

LOL anyone who craves for more attentions are fool. thats why i laughed how can they be blind themselve. come on, get real. so kanye west asked for it.

Mod note:

Thread has been merged.

:hmm:

yeah i am not used to seeing president did say that. I think Obama is the one who breaks the tradition with presidental stuffs lately.

well not only he did break the traditions or presidental's rule.. he speaks out whatever is on his mind..:hmm: maybe hes trying to blend in to be one of our people as normal.

:hmm:

yeah i am not used to seeing president did say that. I think Obama is the one who breaks the tradition with presidental stuffs lately.
That was an off-the-record remark while chatting with reporters before an interview, so it wasn't meant to be "presidential". He's right, though. Jackass is a great word to describe Kanye. Hopefully, hearing the president say that about him will bring Kanye down a notch like South Park did recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back