Just your thoughts and opinion on things.

I think they should ban all sad movies! *bawling* The movie I just watched made me cry nonstop for an hour!!! *looking around for more tissues*

I think they should ban all sad movies! *bawling* The movie I just watched made me cry nonstop for an hour!!! *looking around for more tissues*

i comfort you now. what movie was it?

In my opinion it would be fun if an AllDeaf contingent could go in as a preformed group to WOW or Guild Wars with our own guild.

that would be awesome. i couldn't play WOW even if i wanted to though because it would be too addicting. :giggle:

points, gold/credit/etc. (the monetary currency in game), special weapon/gear, etc. It depends on the game.

interesting. that probably explains why some people spend 12+ hours at a time playing the game.

interesting. that probably explains why some people spend 12+ hours at a time playing the game.

hhmmm to help you understand how and why is it so addicting. just look at your AD addiction. it's same thing... think about it - the whole interaction with thousand of people and meeting with people online.... even making friends with them. it's pretty cool. You can make friends with them and even meet them in real life. My friend met one thru WoW and got married after a year. :cool2:

the interesting thing is.... this is probably a social phenomenon. In old time - it's looked down upon and we considered it as "sad" and that people need to get a life but obviously... we're in Internet age and this is rather a phenomenon to me. We are having double life - real life and cyber life. many of them are married, teens, professional workers, and even grandpa/grandma.

hhmmm to help you understand how and why is it so addicting. just look at your AD addiction. it's same thing... think about it - the whole interaction with thousand of people and meeting with people online.... even making friends with them. it's pretty cool. You can make friends with them and even meet them in real life. My friend met one thru WoW and got married after a year. :cool2:

the interesting thing is.... this is probably a social phenomenon. In old time - it's looked down upon and we considered it as "sad" and that people need to get a life but obviously... we're in Internet age and this is rather a phenomenon to me. We are having double life - real life and cyber life. many of them are married, teens, professional workers, and even grandpa/grandma.

this is true -- and i do admit to being an ad addict. :giggle:

this is true -- and i do admit to being an ad addict. :giggle:

oh yea - the only difference from AD is that in WoW, you play game together and that was very fun but I'm glad to cut off that addiction. I had to stop it to focus on my life to finish the college and get a career. Now that I finished college and I got a career... I mulled about it but I still haven't gotten back to MMORPG. I think it's better that way. I do play (FPS) first-person shooter online sometimes just for brainless fun. It's called Days of Defeat - a mod of Half-Life game. It's a World Wars 2 scenario - Nazi vs. Allies. I normally play it for about 30 min a day or less.

For me, I like to read and AD is a good site to meet my need to read and stimulate my mind. Also, I am not rich so cant afford to go to places all the time hence being at home often.

For me, I like to read and AD is a good site to meet my need to read and stimulate my mind. Also, I am not rich so cant afford to go to places all the time hence being at home often.

same here, shel. i'm an avid reader which is one of the reasons why i love forums and message boards so much. of course, i love to help and support others, too. gaming doesn't do anything for me. oh well.

Well not only that but for some of us deafies--this is our only connection to the Deaf community as some of us live out in rural areas where there are no other deaf people around......

Well not only that but for some of us deafies--this is our only connection to the Deaf community as some of us live out in rural areas where there are no other deaf people around......

good point, byrdie. not to mention deafblind people who do not have access to their local deafblind community, tactile terp services, ssp's, etc.

In my opinion, Maryland winters arent as brutal as people warned me before I moved there. :lol:

In my opinion, Maryland winters arent as brutal as people warned me before I moved there. :lol:

IMO Minnesota winters are every bit as brutal as most people think. We are at -1 today and that isn't that unusual.

We've gotten so much snow too that I've already managed to drive my car into my driveway snowbank twice when backing out of the garage LOL

IMO Minnesota winters are every bit as brutal as most people think. We are at -1 today and that isn't that unusual.

We've gotten so much snow too that I've already managed to drive my car into my driveway snowbank twice when backing out of the garage LOL

Well at least it isn't that bad in Minnesota this year as there are other places that are worse off than you.

Want a clue? Try Spokane, Washington with 61.5 inches of snow in the entire month of December 2008! :shock: Plus they are going to get an additional 6-8 inches of snow there tonight into tomorrow!

Oy! And I am going to go there tomorrow!

6-8 inches of new snow forecast for weary Spokane - USATODAY.com

Before moving to MD, I envisioned the winters here just like that but today was 44 degrees. I agree with you..your winters are brutal!

IMO. Spending a day out on the boat is totally relaxing!! Ahh. Even caught me a few trouts!

Iowa temperatures are the same. Last night we had an ice storm and all family going to dinner our cars slid sideways throught the Culver's parking lot . I was scared to leave after, but we all got home safely.

In my opinion, my husband's idea of a condo in Minneapolis for retirement is not going to be fun in winter.

same here, shel. i'm an avid reader which is one of the reasons why i love forums and message boards so much. of course, i love to help and support others, too. gaming doesn't do anything for me. oh well.

same here! that's why I gave up on MMORPG. It's not not productive for me and I learn nothing.

Back