just got back from the drs office

frankglasses4.jpg

he feels a lot better now! he is even wearing his glasses for me for a change :) :)
(ignore messy bed)

How adorable!! Did his facial expression look more bright like he's happy to see clear and everything? Good to know he's feeling better. What kind of drink did he drink? apple juice?

he cant drink juice..he gags on it :(
no, hes on this god awful expensive stuff called peptamen jr..its some sort of broken down formula for kids like him..im glad that we dont have to pay for it because a months supply is almost 1000 bucks! no one can afford that and not live in cardboard box!

he cant drink juice..he gags on it :(
no, hes on this god awful expensive stuff called peptamen jr..its some sort of broken down formula for kids like him..im glad that we dont have to pay for it because a months supply is almost 1000 bucks! no one can afford that and not live in cardboard box!

Aw. He will grow out of the difficulty swallowing soon. Glad that the peptamen jr is working for him so he has more time to learn how to swallow. It is a good thing that you guys dont have to pay for it so he can intake something. He's adorable.

Those glasses with those curls are irresistable. :aw:

he is such a cutie!!! I just want to hug him and hold him!!!

thank you! he is pretty cute! i wonder though..do they make glasses that are more compatible with hearing aids? these are cute glasses but they knock the hearing aids off his ears.

I saw your pixs on FB. He is the most adorable baby ever !!

In regards to the glasses, I never found wearing mine interfered with the HAs. Maybe the endpieces (near the ears) are too bulky? Can you have the opthamalogist (sp?) trim that part of the glasses a little better for Frankie?

thank you! he is pretty cute! i wonder though..do they make glasses that are more compatible with hearing aids? these are cute glasses but they knock the hearing aids off his ears.

I think his ears will form to them. I never have had a problem with that.

And you could buy Snuggies? Hearing aid retainers.

No Easter Seals? What about United Cerebal Palsy or the ARC? I was going to suggest looking into a deaf-blind program. I know he isn't blind, but a lot of deaf-blind kids have simlair developmental challenges as your son. As a matter of fact Perkins (the school for the Blind here in MA) admits dhh kids with significent mental disabilties. I checked OSB, and OSD but they don't offer a deaf blind program? But contact those schools...they may be able to point you towards other helpful resources, since a lot of their students may have multiple issues, especially at Schools for the Blind.
Also, are the doctors really puzzled as to what his symptoms mean? Like they're all " he doesn't fit in neatly in this catagory or that catagory"

yep..i am surprised there is nothing wrong on it but i was very glad! now if we can just pin down the rest..but i was talking to a lady whos sweet boy has way more issues than frank..and they still dont know why, so we may never know!
at least hes a sweetie though..we love him!

I wish you had been my Mum. :giggle:

As for the glasses interfering with his hearing aides could they trim the end somehow and have a head strap attached?

I can't believe that Frankie is the only toddler on the planet to need glasses *and* HAs so there must be a solution. Perhaps contacting eye companies or the audiologist who fitted him for the aides?

I wish I could be of more help.

As for the glasses interfering with his hearing aides could they trim the end somehow and have a head strap attached?

I can't believe that Frankie is the only toddler on the planet to need glasses *and* HAs so there must be a solution. Perhaps contacting eye companies or the audiologist who fitted him for the aides?

I wish I could be of more help.

We have had toddlers in our program with HAs and glasses. They have had no problems with them.

Back