Just curious.. anyone with night blindness?

Well, sometimes I have a terrible time seeing at night and I avoid streets with lots of oncoming cars as headlights will blind me. I hate dark rainy nights as glare is very difficult to cope with.

As far as my doctor can tell, I have no eye disease so that's not the reason why I have trouble seeing at night. It has improved a lot since I got glare resistant glasses though.

deafskeptic,

i wonder if you have astigmatism?

To improve by see in dark, I usually close my eyes for few minutes and focus deep then open eyes. I can see dark so well.

It just how eyes able to focus well than suddenly in dark that would make us temporary blind.

BabyFace always never reply me back. :roll:

I guess you are referring to me.

I did not realize I was obligated to respond on your terms. :roll:

You need to understand that not all post get answered right away.

Not all post are subjected to be answered especially when you don't ask a question.

If you are looking for a response for the links then.... I thank you for providing them.

To improve by see in dark, I usually close my eyes for few minutes and focus deep then open eyes. I can see dark so well.

It just how eyes able to focus well than suddenly in dark that would make us temporary blind.

that doesn't work for some people because their eyesight level is so poor that nothing will help correct their ability to see in the dark.

My both parent have it. That was how I was born with retina disease from genetic family.

actually pinky, astigmatism is much different than retinitis pigmentosa. if you have rp through genetics, then one or more of your parents carried the rp gene.

that doesn't work for some people because their eyesight level is so poor that nothing will help correct their ability to see in the dark.

Yeah. I have tried many ways to help me see at night. Such as wearing dark sunglasses during the day then taking them off at night. It simply does not work. I just need lights at night. LOL when I go camping with my family we have the brightest campsite of all. :).

Yeah. I have tried many ways to help me see at night. Such as wearing dark sunglasses during the day then taking them off at night. It simply does not work. I just need lights at night. LOL when I go camping with my family we have the brightest campsite of all. :).

yep. :)

fyi, there are directional lights that snap onto a pair of glasses that illuminate your path as you walk. you might want to consider purchasing something like that. you might feel silly wearing it, but all of my friends with low vision really like them.

yep. :)

fyi, there are directional lights that snap onto a pair of glasses that illuminate your path as you walk. you might want to consider purchasing something like that. you might feel silly wearing it, but all of my friends with low vision really like them.

I have something similar to what you are speaking of and it is great!

The only con is when I approach someone to talk to them I end up blinding them with the "headlight"

But it does get me around.

I have something similar to what you are speaking of and it is great!

The only con is when I approach someone to talk to them I end up blinding them with the "headlight"

But it does get me around.

oh, okay. i can see how that would be one disadvantage of using directional lights.

oh, okay. i can see how that would be one disadvantage of using directional lights.

It is not a major fiasco. Because the light truely blinds the person when you are directly facing them.

I think the "headlights" are great.

They help me a lot even though the Gremlins are screaming. "bright lights! Bright lights!"

:giggle:

It is not a major fiasco. Because the light truely blinds the person when you are directly facing them.

I think the "headlights" are great.

They help me a lot even though the Gremlins are screaming. "bright lights! Bright lights!"

:giggle:

:laugh2:

I've got a rare kind of night blindness (I'll get back to you on the condition), it's like seeing a snowy tv. I already utilize a guide dog (in avatar pic), and I'm adjusting just fine.

OK, it's called Nyctalopia. Its a progressive rod (light sensitive) degeneration, although in my case, it's unecessary blood vessel growth plowing throgh my rods and cones. It has appeared stable for quite awhile.

OK, it's called Nyctalopia. Its a progressive rod (light sensitive) degeneration, although in my case, it's unecessary blood vessel growth plowing throgh my rods and cones. It has appeared stable for quite awhile.

And you are deaf or HOH as well?

I am a CI user, though when not using it, almost deaf in the non implanted side.

WAY before, It's a genetic condition I noticed since as far back I can remember as a toddler. I was born with normal hearing, but Scarlet Fever affected the cochlear hair cells (at 18 months old) and led to progressive hearing loss. Amazing some people would commit suicide after something small and petty, i've adapted to this bomb really well. :)

deafskeptic,

i wonder if you have astigmatism?
I don't know. I'm very near sighted though. It's possible as my research suggests that it's very common in people. The next time I see the eye doctor I'll have to ask him to test me for it.

Back