Jury Duty...

Neither looks like Jiro or me.

fight4.jpg

You and Jiro

Not really legitimate reason to me. :roll:

It is your call, but it is frown to us.

Seriously

Ive seen enough threads and posts mark has made to justify he would not be a good candidate and you give him grief over "medical excuse"

He already has proven it over and over he got some issues going on in his head and that is medical excuse. Do I have to spell it out for ya?

Medications can screw up people in the head. It can make person very groggy and sedated. Anyone in mental health field knows how messy meds can be with a person

Back off. Medical exuse is a legitimate reason. Its not frowned upon. Get over it .

Seriously

Ive seen enough threads and posts mark has made to justify he would not be a good candidate and you give him grief over "medical excuse"

He already has proven it over and over he got some issues going on in his head and that is medical excuse. Do I have to spell it out for ya?

Medications can screw up people in the head. It can make person very groggy and sedated. Anyone in mental health field knows how messy meds can be with a person

Back off. Medical exuse is a legitimate reason. Its not frowned upon. Get over it .

I disagree with you - when I was on antidepressant medicine for anxiety disorder and it did make me sleepy all time, but I had to deal with it - that's part of life.

There are many people have similar problems but they still working and learn to deal with it.

I disagree with you - when I was on antidepressant medicine for anxiety disorder and it did make me sleepy all time, but I had to deal with it - that's part of life.

There are many people have similar problems but they still working and learn to deal with it.

Definitely agree... 100%

Omg. Your personal experience and your using your only personal experience to be judgemental. Anti depressants are nothing compared to some other drugs people have to be on to function. .

There are loads of antipsychotics that affect people different. You tried one anti depressant that is a different class. Dont give me crap about people having to deal with it . Do you want a person "high" to serve on jury duty? Mental capacity is the key here.

Example. A person on same dose seroquel can be walking all over the place just fine functioning just fine a different person is sleeping 16 hours a day sedated as heck.

Do you want the sedated person to serve on jury when youre the accused murderer and your innocent?

Answering and serve Jury summon does NOT always end up in Jury box, most of the time the prospective juror excuse before they ever got in the jury box.

Like I said earlier, best is just show up and hear what they are up to and if not feel comfortable or wouldn't be able to give fair trial, just say so. Usually they will let you excused (Pretty much 99% of the time).

For instance, Mark could show up at court room, and judge would ask if Mark would be able to give fair trial, Mark could easily say "Well, I am often sedate with narcotic medicine for my mental illness and I do not think I would be able to think straight and be fair… BAM! excused and Mark is done and go home immediately and GET paid for! This approach is much better than calling in and blah blah without actually show up and ask for excuse (Won't get a penny).

You know, I hate alcoholics and I was called as juror for a case involved drunk driver, driving with expired registration, expired inspection, all 4 tires were bald, and so on. I think total about 14 charges something like that. The judge did ask me if I could remain neutral and give fair judgement? My response was, I have bad experience with alcoholics and I could be biased against that defendant. The next thing happen was I was order to dismiss from that conference room and go home and I got paid for.

Omg. Your personal experience and your using your only personal experience to be judgemental. Anti depressants are nothing compared to some other drugs people have to be on to function. .

There are loads of antipsychotics that affect people different. You tried one anti depressant that is a different class. Dont give me crap about people having to deal with it . Do you want a person "high" to serve on jury duty? Mental capacity is the key here.

Example. A person on same dose seroquel can be walking all over the place just fine functioning just fine a different person is sleeping 16 hours a day sedated as heck.

Do you want the sedated person to serve on jury when youre the accused murderer and your innocent?

Surprise? I took antipsychotic (Risperdal and Lactimal) in past and it made me very sleepy, but it didn't prevent me from doing activities. I still went to school and did chore with those medicine, so it may a little hard to keep up, but I just take deal with it. That's part of life that where you cannot be stay all day and do nothing because of those medicines. I got misdiagnosed with bipolar so psychiatrist stopped those medicine because it didn't make any difference, except for more side effects than antidepressant medicine.

If you have assignment in next morning so you may need find different schedule, such as go to bed early and eat food that contain a lot of caffeine, or drink coffee. There are many people have problem with drowsy, but they had to deal with it because of work or school.

Like I told to Mark - it is up to him. He can choose to stay at home and do nothing (no work, no school), but there are many people will have no respect for him, even there are some people that have similar problem to Mark have a job, finish the school, go to church and other activities.

I have sympathy for people with medical condition that cannot be controlled by medicine and I understand their situation about living on disability pay. Mark's situation is different because he can ride a bike, cook the food, clean the house and other house-related activities, so we know that he can go to school (part-time is not bad idea) or find a work (start with part-time). If medicine works successfully with some side effects (especially sleepy), they should find way to have activities so don't let side effect prevent you from doing anything that you enjoy, including school and work.

If sedated person couldn't wake up after schedule change, so it is better for them to stay at home.

Well, the reason why I had the medical waiver was because my nighttime meds knock me out, and makes it extremely hard to get up in the morning. They were asking me to be there at 9 AM sharp, and with the high dosage of my medicine, there was no way I could make it there in time.
I'm surprised they accepted that excuse. Usually they'll say, "If you have a problem getting up on time, we'll send the deputy out to get you." And the judge will do that.

As a law student it's interesting to hear excuses people come up for jury duty. :giggle: We had one dude say he was unable to sit still for hours because it cut into his gaming time. Needless to say the prosecutor and defense attorney wanted him gone but judge got him for contempt for court and was required to serve jury duty on civil case.

Reba's right. Judges can be harsh but few can be nice (most I've don't take excuses lightly)...depending on how many are trying to get out of jury duty.

I got called for jury duty once. I was in the middle of the selection and just set there the entire day and didn't have to go back. However I got to finish reading Catching Fire while waiting. :D It was actually about a month after I turned 18 and registered to vote. After that I haven't been called. I wish I could get called again now as a law student and see if someone wants me on the jury...as long as it is not a civil case.

As a law student it's interesting to hear excuses people come up for jury duty. :giggle: We had one dude say he was unable to sit still for hours because it cut into his gaming time. Needless to say the prosecutor and defense attorney wanted him gone but judge got him for contempt for court and was required to serve jury duty on civil case.

Reba's right. Judges can be harsh but few can be nice (most I've don't take excuses lightly)...depending on how many are trying to get out of jury duty.

I got called for jury duty once. I was in the middle of the selection and just set there the entire day and didn't have to go back. However I got to finish reading Catching Fire while waiting. :D It was actually about a month after I turned 18 and registered to vote. After that I haven't been called. I wish I could get called again now as a law student and see if someone wants me on the jury...as long as it is not a civil case.
The judges here don't allow any reading materials or electronic devices in their courtrooms, even for spectators. If they catch you, it can mean contempt, and they confiscate your stuff.

It seems harsh but other than that, I've noticed our judges are strict with slackers but nice and helpful to those who seem to want to do their best.

I did see one send the deputy to get a tardy juror. Uh, oh!

I didn't mind the actual jury service. The process is very interesting. It was the commuting to court each day that I didn't like.

I got called once, got a doctor's note and was excused. Got called again, I hated my employer so much I was willing to do it just to get out of work. I would have gladly served in Iraq to get out that agency....but they cancelled and I haven't heard back yet.

Laura

For Mew--

gaah.gif

stirthepot.gif

TFR11BD.gif

TFR8ED.gif TFR62.gif

bsmeter.gif

I've got lots more from my MSN IM chats heyday and 1 forum I visit. lol.

Enjoy

That's why I facepalm earlier. Some things hasn't changed.

I think the point is not that they look like either of you but that they are acting like the two of you are in this thread.

Answering and serve Jury summon does NOT always end up in Jury box, most of the time the prospective juror excuse before they ever got in the jury box.

Like I said earlier, best is just show up and hear what they are up to and if not feel comfortable or wouldn't be able to give fair trial, just say so. Usually they will let you excused (Pretty much 99% of the time).

For instance, Mark could show up at court room, and judge would ask if Mark would be able to give fair trial, Mark could easily say "Well, I am often sedate with narcotic medicine for my mental illness and I do not think I would be able to think straight and be fair… BAM! excused and Mark is done and go home immediately and GET paid for! This approach is much better than calling in and blah blah without actually show up and ask for excuse (Won't get a penny).

Waste of time and resources, people who cannot serve with full mental capacity already know and is responsible enough to get the doctors note, is saving taxpayers time and everyone elses time. Its irresponsible to make someone show up and waste interpreters resources, time, judges time, lawyers time etc.

I work in a mental health field and my clients are lower functioning than the OP and none will be able to understand the questions. Few will get upset they're not picked and wont understand why.

and I'll be royally pissed if I was selected to be on a jury. I CANNOT afford to miss the hours I'm living paycheck to paycheck and they do not reimburse you for the time lost at the job. I work in a non-profit organization and they can get away with it. Otherwise sign me up on my days off or if I'm fired or jobless I'll be up and Ready to do it!

to fix the quote put this at the end of his quote--

[ /QUOTE ] remove the space after the [ and before the ]

Back