"Judge not, that ye be not judge"

deafdyke said:
And Reba haven't you been reading what I've been saying? A lot of Biblcal scholars have begun to think that the word homosexual, refers not to modren day homosexuality, (loving caring relationship) but rather sex abuse or temple sex worship.
I mean scholars have uncovered some research that says that the new number of the Beast is 616, rather then 666!
That's what you say, but I haven't seen any proof presented. Why should I believe you?

As I stated before:

"1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders... (1 Cor. 6:9, NIV)

In both 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10 the apostle Paul states that those guilty of sexual immorality will not inherit the kingdom of God. At the time Paul wrote his letters there was no word in classical, biblical, or patristic Greek which corresponded with our English term "homosexual." Instead, homosexual behavior was described (e.g., Rom. 1:26-27). The words Paul uses here — malakoi ("male prostitute") and arsenokoitai ("homosexual offenders") — have been translated in different ways. Because of this those condoning homosexuality have tried to lessen the impact of these verses, saying that all Paul was condemning was either homosexual prostitution or pederasty (i.e., men having sexual relations with boys).34

Virtually every Greek lexicon, however, including all of the standard English ones, has understood these words (especially arsenokoitai) to be referring to homosexuality.35 Arndt and Gingrich's lexicon says malakoi refers to persons who are "soft, effeminate, especially of catamites, men and boys who allow themselves to be misused homosexually."36 Likewise, arsenokoites means "a male homosexual, pederast, sodomite."37

We also find these terms in classical Greek literature (e.g., Lucian and Aristotle) "sometimes applied to obviously gay persons."38 As well, if Paul were only condemning certain types of homosexuality he would certainly have specified this. Instead, he used a term directly based on the Greek Septuagint translation of the prohibitions against homosexuality in Leviticus:

meta arsenos ou koimethese koiten
gynaikos (Lev. 18:22)
koimethe meta arsenos koiten
gynaikos (Lev. 20:13)39

Paul, a rabbi thoroughly trained in the Torah, was certainly mindful of these Levitical condemnations and the Septuagint translation of them when he chose his wording in 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy."

DreamDeaf!

I know Cheri repeated several times here that it's not bible/gays we talking about but judge in general way...

Anyway:

I can't understand sometimes why the some people claim that's judgement when others debate with agree/disagree in respectful way or give their opinions what they don't like etc. where the threads created with interesting subjects?

I see nothing wrong to say something when I'm disagree or agree to? It doesn't mean that you are wrong when I disagree with you because I know we have different opinion. Is it judgement or what? Should I agree with you all the time? Is it harm to give you my honest opinion what I think of ....?

It depend on difference judgements what we made in different threads. Without debate is boring... I like to debate with agree to disagree in respectful way with NO bash/insult. Is it judgement or what?

It's definitely judgement if you said to me: "Why you abort to kill your baby"? "You are murder or go hell"... "You are a bad mother or father".... "Gay is a abnormal"... This is a difference but the people don't want to see it.

I'm a straightforward person and tell you what I think which it doesnt mean that I judge you because I give you a honest opinion when you ask me for my opinion or the creator of threads ask for our opinion... Is it judgement or what?

I would be apprenciate on your sharing feedback/opinion to this...

Reba, hun, unfortunately you are fighting a loosing battle. Some people wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit them on the butt.

You?!?!?!

Eve said:
Reba, hun, unfortunately you are fighting a loosing battle. Some people wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit them on the butt.

Excuse me, EVE!,

Are you encourge her contuine battle until she get win. You're ridcouisly!
Reba is trying to her own POV.. not judge them.. Just she reading copied the bible what script said..

YOU (EVE) *ughhhhh* Why can't you stop pressure her!

:shock: ~ Yes, I'm honestly and quite surprise what you SAID this thread!
:smash: ~Now I'm judge you! *ahem* Excuse me, Im not judge you.. Let God judge you!

Excuse me, EVE!,

Are you encourge her contuine battle until she get win. You're ridcouisly!
Reba is trying to her own POV.. not judge them.. Just she reading copied the bible what script said..

YOU (EVE) *ughhhhh* Why can't you stop pressure her!

~ Yes, I'm honestly and quite surprise what you SAID this thread!
~Now I'm judge you! *ahem* Excuse me, Im not judge you.. Let God judge you!
This quote is proof that ignorance knows no bounds. I am not pressuring Reba to do anything. I certainly was not encouraging her to continue in battle. In fact, I refuse to have a battle of the wits with an unarmed opponent. That being said....buh bye bullymom.

Eve said:

Eve, the truth is a rather relative term. Everyone has a different interpretation of the truth. What might be to be such an "obvious" truth to a group of person may be a completely "abstract/foreign" truth to another group. The only thing to do is to respect everybody's differences and to move on. One should be concerned with himself. I'm tired of "missionary works" thinking that it is their duty to convert people into something that they are not, especially the LDS Church, Jehovah Witnesses, Christianity, etc... Yes, they all are the same to me.

kuifje75 said:
Eve, the truth is a rather relative term. Everyone has a different interpretation of the truth. What might be to be such an "obvious" truth to a group of person may be a completely "abstract/foreign" truth to another group. The only thing to do is to respect everybody's differences and to move on. One should be concerned with himself. I'm tired of "missionary works" thinking that it is their duty to convert people into something that they are not, especially the LDS Church, Jehovah Witnesses, Christianity, etc... Yes, they all are the same to me.

I agree.

Everyone has his/her own truth that may not resonate with others. Isn't that weird? :lol:

I don't believe people are force to be converted.

People can want to be or not.

And we can't help that to judge folks.

Cheri said:
"Judge not, that ye be not judge."

I've seen so many judging along in Homosexuals, and those who had abortions. Why do you have to judge them? Do you know that God will judge you the same way you judging others? If you do not judge then God will not judge you either. Is it fair for some Christians who judge others, telling others that they will go to hell, or the sins they commit is against God. Take a one good look at yourself, Have you ever sinned? Have you ever repeated your sins? Would you like it if another Christian or anyone else came up to you and judge you for your sins? We are suppose have Unconditional love to all people, That's what Jesus says.

God loves us all unconditionally If we believe in Jesus Christ we are saved, It's not based on how we sin, because all of us are sinners. It way impossible to not sin. we are supposed to love everybody--- horrible sinners and people filled with hatred toward us? Then my question is why do we have to judge others? We are no better than anyone, whether they are good or evil it still not our right to judge.

Why do you think Jesus die for our sins? Because God knows we are not perfect, We can't stop committing a sin. It way impossible and you know it and I know it. We don't know what's in people's heart, nor in their minds, Do we have the right to pass judgment? That's all I want to say at this time. If you want to share your opinions base on my post above, You are more than welcome to do so. ;)

no matter how good of a person someone is, they will still judge. whether it be something serious as homosexuality, or something simple as not liking someone's shirt. we are human and humans judge. we're not Jesus or God. we're not even close to spiritual level that jesus is at. its almost impossible not to judge someone.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:26-27
--------------------------

But we know that the law [is] good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1 Timothy 1:8-10
-------------------------
There are actually few more verses regarding homosexuals and sex pervents in the Bible. God is against homosexuals and sex pervents, clearly.

God destroyed Sodom and Gemorrah due to their pervented sex behaviors that were so ampt there.

Same thing as God did to those old timers who did sex pervents and so much evil in them that He caused the Great Flood that killed them all. That shows homesexuality is E-V-I-L. Beware!

Yes, we must not judge anybody because we all are sinners but practice and honor anything right but dishonor and stay away anything is wrong and evil. We only can teach and speak out what's right/wrong according to God's command.

Also use your common sense. Woman is made for Man .. not Man for Man .. Woman for Woman.

I even wonder why they even don't get it yet. That we call them pervents because that they are.

pervent = twisted

Don't be deceived by the world ways like media or hollywood that they think homosexual is ok. NO!!!

Those who think homosexuality is okay doesn't truly know God and Jesus.

yeah and UAE can't own Port because we judge them because they are muslims. Doing Background check to discriminate them and judge them.

Back