"Judge not, that ye be not judge"

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Judge not, that ye be not judge."

I've seen so many judging along in Homosexuals, and those who had abortions. Why do you have to judge them? Do you know that God will judge you the same way you judging others? If you do not judge then God will not judge you either. Is it fair for some Christians who judge others, telling others that they will go to hell, or the sins they commit is against God. Take a one good look at yourself, Have you ever sinned? Have you ever repeated your sins? Would you like it if another Christian or anyone else came up to you and judge you for your sins? We are suppose have Unconditional love to all people, That's what Jesus says.

God loves us all unconditionally If we believe in Jesus Christ we are saved, It's not based on how we sin, because all of us are sinners. It way impossible to not sin. we are supposed to love everybody--- horrible sinners and people filled with hatred toward us? Then my question is why do we have to judge others? We are no better than anyone, whether they are good or evil it still not our right to judge.

Why do you think Jesus die for our sins? Because God knows we are not perfect, We can't stop committing a sin. It way impossible and you know it and I know it. We don't know what's in people's heart, nor in their minds, Do we have the right to pass judgment? That's all I want to say at this time. If you want to share your opinions base on my post above, You are more than welcome to do so. ;)

Cheri, you have summed it up perfectly. There are people who claim to be Christians who do nothing but go around judging others. We are all sinners. Regardless of what you say, when you tell someone their going to hell because of their lifestyle. Grace requires not set timeline for change. All we are required is to have faith. All sins are equal in the Lord's eyes. Whether its telling a fib or committing murder. We are incapable of not sinning, as much as we tried to curb it. God loves us all no matter what. Anything less makes it conditional.

I've seen people saying if Jesus came back today he would preach out against those who are homosexual, those who are sexually deviant, etc, like he did when he was first upon this Earth. Take a look back in the gospels. Jesus never preached out against anyone except those who used his name for their own agenda. Look at who Jesus associated himself with. Mary Magdeline was a prostitute. Zaccheus was a cheating tax collector. Judas was a hypocrite, and Paul a Pharisee. Jesus would preach the same things today he did back then: love, peace, tolerance, and compassion. To those who live to condem others, why not preach what Jesus would want you to preach. The fact he loves everyone, and has no hidden agenda, and salvation is the easiest thing in the world to receive. Not what everyone is doing wrong and how they're going to hell. Because you don't know that. You are a human being, a sinner, just like me.

It's not only about judging toward homosexuals and abortions but other hotly debated issues that others might be accused of doing....All I see is others agruing back and fourth about who's right and who's wrong and what the Bible say...That's something Jesus would not like to see, nor many of us wouldn't either... I've been mostly silent and trying to stay nuetral over these issues and the best I can do is to just pray for them all and keep praying....And hopefully they will see the truth one day....Peace and Love leads the way when no judgement is passed along to others.... :aw:

btw sis, good thread!

Last edited:
Central 34.....AMEN!!!
It irritates me when Christians are all "homosexuality is wrong, wrong wrong."
Umm NO....that's YOUR opinon.
I seriously can't comprehend HOW it could be a sin in the eyes of God....Even if it is....So what? Why aren't Christians looking into the lives of their pastors or whatever? "Doing it this way is wrong....My way is the best way!"

cental34 said:
All sins are equal in the Lord's eyes. Whether its telling a fib or committing murder. We are incapable of not sinning, as much as we tried to curb it. God loves us all no matter what. Anything less makes it conditional.

Amen cental34!, there is no greater or smaller sins, All sins are equally in the eyes of God. ;)

I would also like to say, only God is capable to know what's in our hearts and minds. And everyone, believers, unbelievers will be judged by God himself on the final judgement day.

Go over there to http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5:1-7:27;&version=9;

This is the details of Christ's "Sermon on the Mount" as described in Matthew.

This is the Beautitudes of the Sermon:

1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I got to see Jay Bakker of Revolution speak on the Beattitudes back in January. Probably one of the most inspirational sermons I've ever heard. Revolution posted the audio of it. If everyone would me too, I'd be more than glad to transcribe it.

I'm actually very curious why many fundamentalist Christians speak out mostly against homosexuality over most other sins. It seems like some are just so dead set against homosexuality more than anything.

Well, in my own opinion - I don't believe in silencin' Jesus.

CyberRed said:
Well, in my own opinion - I don't believe in silencin' Jesus.

No one is silencing Jesus. Just correcting the misconceptions that people seem to have concerning his teachings.

I think there might be a misconception here that disagreeing is the same as judging. Just because someone does not condone a certain behavior, does not mean they are necessarily judging others for that behavior. Yes, there are some who judge, but I don't think that is always the case.

Eve said:
I think there might be a misconception here that disagreeing is the same as judging. Just because someone does not condone a certain behavior, does not mean they are necessarily judging others for that behavior. Yes, there are some who judge, but I don't think that is always the case.

No, what Cheri refers to is clearly someone judging other's lifestyles as sinful.

well here is my opinion.....

I believe that God is the judge. I also believe that he has made his intentions clear, and if we choose not to abide by his wishes, that is on us. I also believe that he wants those who are his servants to spread his word. This is not to be confused with us passing judgement.

I have friends who are gay. What they choose has no bearing on me, personally. However, that is not to say that I condone their lifestyle choices. I merely know it is not for me to judge, one way or the other.

However, I do not see one pointing out scripture as being judgemental in nature.

Eve said:

One may disagree, but how he puts it in words can be perceived as being assertive about his opinions or as being judgeful of other.

Example (totally random, not to reflect anyone)
"I do not believe in disciplining my children by spanking."
versus
"You are an abusive mother for spanking your children!!!"

See the difference? People need to remember how to word their words so that they cannot be misconstrued as judgment.

cental34 said:
No one is silencing Jesus. Just correcting the misconceptions that people seem to have concerning his teachings.

Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Mark 8:34-35 "And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it."

Why should some people clam Jesus up ?

gnarlydorkette said:
Care to elaborate on it? What do you mean-- silencing Jesus?

Read my post I just posted to Cental34. :)

Cyber Red, there are MANY GLB folks who follow God and know the love of Jesus....my first girlfriend was one of them! I do not follow an organized relgion but, I do follow a lot of Jesus' teachings....I am not an evil person simply b/c of who I happen to be attracted to.
I'm actually very curious why many fundamentalist Christians speak out mostly against homosexuality over most other sins. It seems like some are just so dead set against homosexuality more than anything.
I know....and they TOTALLY demonize people who are GLB....some churches have a gruding acceptance of homosexuality but others.....UGH!

A few members had misunderstood my point of my Topic. Let me make this perfect clear. :)

It's not the scripture/verses and passages from the bible that I am discussing about here, I talking about their own wording as judging others and passing judgment.

Examples of a few posts are judgement, and I would not name the person.

It is not true, your baby is not in heaven. Why? You are sinners It came straight from bible and I bring it to you. It is not totally from my opinion

I do have the right to judge them by see the actions while only the Lord can judge them through their hearts inside

They are just f**king others for their own self-ish sexual pleasure

If you do not quit the gay life and you are going straight down to hell with no question asked

Back