Judge Denies Bail, Takes Lindsay Lohan Into Custody

ComputerLover

Reaction score
In a shocker that shouldn't surprise many, Lindsay Lohan was denied bail and taken into custody Friday for breaking probation by failing a pair of drug tests following her release from rehab. Judge Elden Fox issued the order without hearing arguments from Lohan's lawyers, TMZ reports, and the perpetually troubled actress could be held in custody until a hearing in late October.

The 'Mean Girls' star rolled up to the Beverly Hills courthouse wearing a black top, white skirt and a smile. It was her first appearance before Judge Fox, who issued an arrest warrant earlier in the week to compel Lohan to appear. He previously outlined that he would sentence the actress to a month in jail if she failed a drug test. However, it was believed that unless Lohan requested immediate sentencing, the judge would set bail and release her until a formal probation hearing.

Instead, Fox denied bail and set Lohan's next court appearance for Oct. 22. According to reports, the shocked actress was handcuffed before taken into custody.

This is a developing story.

The 24-year-old 'Machete' star took to Twitter on Sept. 18 and admitted that she "did in fact fail my most recent drug test" and that she was "prepared to appear before Judge Fox next week as a result."

According to the terms of Lohan's probation, a failed drug test means she could spend another 30 days in jail.

In other tweets from Lohan, she added, "Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps ... forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future."

Lohan was released from court-ordered rehab at UCLA Medical Center on Aug. 24 after only 22 days. Judge Marsha Revel sentenced Lohan to 90 days in jail and a 90-day inpatient rehabilitation program on July 6 for violating her probation in a 2007 DUI case. She ended up serving only 14 days due to good behavior and overcrowding at the jail.

According to sources close to the case, doctors overseeing the actress at UCLA saw no cause to keep her in rehab for the entirety of the 90 days she was sentenced to by Judge Revel, who has since recused herself from further proceedings related to Lohan.

Her legal woes began in May 2007 when she was arrested following a minor car accident and charged with DUI. Just two months later, she was taken into custody for suspicion of drunk driving and cocaine possession.

Following her first DUI, Lohan spent 84 minutes in jail after pleading guilty to two misdemeanor counts of being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to two counts of driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and one count of reckless driving.
Filed under:Movie News -Celebrity Scandal -Lindsay Lohan

Judge Denies Bail, Takes Lindsay Lohan Into Custody | PopEater.com

Here's hoping this Judge will lock her up to the max!....She's a real snooty bitch!...Thumbs her nose at authority....while I do agree, substance abuse is a disease, there is such a thing as Rehab and not driving drunk or drug impaired. She knows her problem!

From what I understand a judge can not deny bail on misdemeanor charges. I am sure there will be more to come but I personally can't spend a whole lot of energy on the misdeeds of Lindsy Lohan. Sorry but I have more important things to do.

What do you expect from Lindsay, though? She thinks she's a goddess and will get away with everything. Apparently, not everything goes her way. She is far from perfect and she deserves to go to jail like every other human beings for their unlawful actions.

She claimed that she's trying too hard to do everything right... Um, ok.

I agree with most here, but let us also not forget who perpetuated this attitude of hers....wait for it.... HER PARENTS! If they hadn't treated her like a little diva in the beginning, she might not have the attitude that she does. I saw a clip of her father, and he was just pathetic!

"She has a disease......" Then, he goes and blames nearly everyone else for her problems. SICK!

I agree with tough love and I agree that locking her up is a good first step. But ultimately, she's going to need long term treatment for her substance abuse issues. She's not going to get that with a meager prison sentence. Wake her up with that sentence. Then, ship her butt off to a good no-nonsense treatment facility. Oh, and then, smack the living snot out of her parents for contributing to this train wreck they have for a daughter!

She does have a disease. And will probably die young from the effects. Like John Barrymore, Diana Barrymore.

Plenty of non famous people die that way also.

battesini:
She does have a disease. And will probably die young from the effects. Like John Barrymore, Diana Barrymore.

battesini, you mean Drew Barrymore-actress daughter of John Barrymore?

She does, but, she doesn't have to die from this. That was my point.

Maybe she think;

Life is too short, let's go to jail!
It is on her 100 things to do before she die.

She does, but, she doesn't have to die from this. That was my point.

I know what you meant. But lots of times addiction is far stronger than the good intentions of the addict.

So while she doesn't have to, I think she probably will.

Maybe she think;

Life is too short, let's go to jail!
It is on her 100 things to do before she die.

I think her brain is so scrambled by now, she probably doesn't have any real thoughts.

Back