jodi arias: who is the admitted AZ killer

It looks like prosecutors are pushing for the death penalty for her. They have a confession from her.
I haven't seen many women got the death penalty, usually men.

Jodi Arias Nervous and Crying As She Told One Final Lie About Killing, Prosecutors Say at Trial - ABC News

She wants the death sentence to be given to her, so she should NOT get it. The death sentence is not a punishment to her , it's an easy way out. So she should given a life sentence and let her rot in jail . Did anyone see on TV her saying she gave some hair to 'locks of loves' and will be going this the rest of her life. WTF! How the HELL is that going to made the family of young man feel any better!

Judge never in position to give death sentence, only jury does. It applies to all 50 states that have death penalty. The judge can sentence anyone with one exception, that is death penalty which only Jurors can decide.

From media

The jury's decision must be unanimous for Arias to be sentenced to death. In the case of a deadlock, a new jury would be chosen for this phase of the trial.

Just checked out, Judge can ignore green light for death penalty which can happen only few states. What that means is that judge can stop the death penalty but can not give green light to death penalty if Juror declined it.

Oh wow, in my state, our judge can override the juror's decision.

If jurors decided to not give a death penalty so judge can override and order to sentence to death penalty.

Exactly, that is how I see, and yea its so creepy when she mention donating her hair.

She wants the death sentence to be given to her, so she should NOT get it. The death sentence is not a punishment to her , it's an easy way out. So she should given a life sentence and let her rot in jail . Did anyone see on TV her saying she gave some hair to 'locks of loves' and will be going this the rest of her life. WTF! How the HELL is that going to made the family of young man feel any better!

Judge never in position to give death sentence, only jury does. It applies to all 50 states that have death penalty. The judge can sentence anyone with one exception, that is death penalty which only Jurors can decide.

From media

The jury's decision must be unanimous for Arias to be sentenced to death. In the case of a deadlock, a new jury would be chosen for this phase of the trial.

No, that's incorrect - judge can override the jury's decision.

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- A new report from the Equal Justice Initiative says that of the 34 U.S. states with the death penalty, Alabama is the only jurisdiction where judges routinely override jury verdicts of life to impose capital punishment.

Since 1976, according to the report, Alabama judges have overridden jury verdicts 107 times. Although judges have authority to override life or death verdicts, in 92 percent of overrides elected judges have overruled jury verdicts of life to impose the death penalty.

"No capital sentencing procedure in the united States has come under more criticism as unreliable, unpredictable, and arbitrary than the unique Alabama practice of permitting elected trial judges to override jury verdicts of life and impose death sentences," the Montgomery-based organization wrote.

The organization claims that judicial override of jury recommendations "is the primary reason why Alabama has the highest per-capita death sentencing rate and execution rate in the country." Last year, according to the Equal Justice Initiative, Alabama, with a population of 4.5 million people, imposed more new death sentences than Texas, with a population of 24 million.

In a New York Times report today, 2 coastal Alabama judges were referenced, with Judge Ferrill D. McRae, who retired in 2006 after 40 years on the bench in Mobile, saying he thought judges need the discretion to override juries because judges have experience with many cases.

The Times report also notes a case presided over by Charles C. Partin, who sat in Bay Minette. In that case, Partin argued that the defendant was probably not mentally disabled, though the jury may have factored that in its thinking when it rendered a recommendation of life in prison. “The sociological literature suggests that Gypsies intentionally test low on standard I.Q. tests,” Partin wrote in the 1990 sentencing order.

The "Gypsy" case, according to Press-Register files, involves John Lionel Neal,
John Lionel Neal, 43, first convicted of capital murder in 1990 in the murder of 77-year-old Wilma Underwood, who was killed during a burglary of her Foley home.

Neal's fingerprints were found in a pocketbook in Underwood's ransacked house. Her television set was later found in Neal's Covington, La., home, officials with the case said. Neal was arrested in Detroit and placed in the Baldwin County jail on May 29, 1987.

Neal's first conviction and death sentence were overturned, with an appeals court faulting the jury selection process.

Then, in the spring of 1994, a second jury found Neal guilty and recommended he be executed. However, in 2008, an agreement was reached to decrease Neal's sentence to life in prison without the possibility of parole after lawyers continued arguing on his behalf.

That agreement came as Neal's lawyers planned to argue in a pending hearing that Neal is mentally retarded, which a state evaluation had supported. A 2002 U.S. Supreme Court decision deemed the execution of mentally retarded individuals as cruel and unusual punishment.

Alabama judges routinely override juries in death penalty cases, new report says | al.com

Wow, what happen if split? have to verdict again?
If they finally can't agree, then the court has to dismiss the current jury and assign an entire new jury. They have to be people who haven't heard, read, or seen anything about the trial. Then, the lawyers have to present their cases for sentencing all over again.

If the second jury can't come to a decision, then they are dismissed and the judge makes the decision.

She wants the death sentence to be given to her, so she should NOT get it.
That's what she said before but in her allocution and subsequent interviews she said that she did not want death.

The death sentence is not a punishment to her , it's an easy way out. So she should given a life sentence and let her rot in jail . Did anyone see on TV her saying she gave some hair to 'locks of loves' and will be going this the rest of her life. WTF! How the HELL is that going to made the family of young man feel any better!
According to her in her allocution, she wouldn't be rotting in jail. She said that she would be very productive and positive in prison. She would donate her hair, continue her art, teach ASL and Spanish, help other inmates with literacy, and establish a recycling program for the prison. Yep, that's what she said.

Just read news, judge can only decide either sentence her to life without parole or 25 to life, that is after second group of jurors failed to reach decision.

I think sentence to life is more appropriate.

If they finally can't agree, then the court has to dismiss the current jury and assign an entire new jury. They have to be people who haven't heard, read, or seen anything about the trial. Then, the lawyers have to present their cases for sentencing all over again.

If the second jury can't come to a decision, then they are dismissed and the judge makes the decision.

That's what she said before but in her allocution and subsequent interviews she said that she did not want death.

According to her in her allocution, she wouldn't be rotting in jail. She said that she would be very productive and positive in prison. She would donate her hair, continue her art, teach ASL and Spanish, help other inmates with literacy, and establish a recycling program for the prison. Yep, that's what she said.

This made me want to :barf: ! I saw some of it on TV and I had to turn it off as it making me sick telling to listening to her. How the hell does donating her hair make what she did any less evil?? I would not want her hair on my head! I would rather go to a groomer and uses the dogs fur!

Perhaps Python needs em! I agreed and do feel sicken when she said that!

This made me want to :barf: ! I saw some of it on TV and I had to turn it off as it making me sick telling to listening to her. How the hell does donating her hair make what she did any less evil?? I would not want her hair on my head! I would rather go to a groomer and uses the dogs fur!

So many of my Arizona friends and family are really upset that the jury hasn't decided.

I can say...that I don't have cable, so I don't watch TV, and I know absolutely nothing about this, I don't get newspapers either. I could would qualify for the jury, but I'm deaf so I could wiggle my way out of that bwahaha. I'd be totally pulling the deaf card. After reading a couple early posts about "brutalinzing" I don't think I eant to google it and find out more.

Wow! Really? I got the news about Jodi though what we know and love... INTERNET! I don't even need cable, don't even need TV or even newspaper too. What I used is called "Internet Browser".

I don't mind sit on juror bench, I missed opportunity 4 times already. I was very curious to why murderer just want kill somebody and for what benefit they get? Lifetime golden pass to State prisons, eh? I don't like the idea of living and stuck in 70 sq feet space for rest of my life.

I can say...that I don't have cable, so I don't watch TV, and I know absolutely nothing about this, I don't get newspapers either. I could would qualify for the jury, but I'm deaf so I could wiggle my way out of that bwahaha. I'd be totally pulling the deaf card. After reading a couple early posts about "brutalinzing" I don't think I eant to google it and find out more.

Wow! Really? I got the news about Jodi though what we know and love... INTERNET! I don't even need cable, don't even need TV or even newspaper too. What I used is called "Internet Browser".

I don't mind sit on juror bench, I missed opportunity 4 times already. I was very curious to why murderer just want kill somebody and for what benefit they get? Lifetime golden pass to State prisons, eh? I don't like the idea of living and stuck in 70 sq feet space for rest of my life.

oh I could, if I ws interested, which I'm not. :giggle:

The only thing I am interested is... Whats the point of killing somebody if there is no life threats from that person?

I have heard somebody got killed because they can't agree on term, owe money, not perform whatever others want them do, for leaking information, and so on. What does it benefit to the murderer? Dead people don't return no favor or benefit to their murderer.

oh I could, if I ws interested, which I'm not. :giggle:

No, that's incorrect - judge can override the jury's decision.

It's only for Alabama but not many other states. states who have death penalty (including Arizona) a judge can't override the jury verdict due to differences in state legislation regarding death penalty, the only exception is Alabama Florida and Delaware. Only Alabama does it of the 3.

The only thing I am interested is... Whats the point of killing somebody if there is no life threats from that person?

I have heard somebody got killed because they can't agree on term, owe money, not perform whatever others want them do, for leaking information, and so on. What does it benefit to the murderer? Dead people don't return no favor or benefit to their murderer.

Everyone has different personality. Some people believe in eye for eye punishment and that's kind of the basic reason why there is a death penalty. To return justice when it is appropriate.

Without thinking of consequences? That's lame!

Everyone has different personality. Some people believe in eye for eye punishment and that's kind of the basic reason why there is a death penalty. To return justice when it is appropriate.

It's only for Alabama but not many other states. states who have death penalty (including Arizona) a judge can't override the jury verdict due to differences in state legislation regarding death penalty, the only exception is Alabama Florida and Delaware. Only Alabama does it of the 3.

I'm only refer about my state but DHB told me that I was wrong.
http://www.alldeaf.com/2186885-post40.html

I didn't point at Arizona.

Back