Jesus was a magician who made people hallucinate about His miracles?

gnarlydorkette said:
Buddhism has a similar doctrine. All religions in this world ask you to be compassionate. There is one difference between so many religions-- the role of their Supreme Being, if they do have one.

:)

My friends and I have had discusions on the similarity of teachings between Christian and eastern religious ideas. Such as karma, pacifism, anti-materialism.

Reba said:
My original response wasn't about "religious" people; it was about Christians. Christians are people who accept Jesus Christ as Savior. That means, people who confess that they are sinners, repent (turn away) from their sins, and accept that Jesus exchanged His blood for their punishment; they believe that Jesus was killed, was three days in death's grave, and then was resurrected (rose alive again); and He nows lives eternally in Heaven. The believers love and obey Jesus, and follow His ways. Obedience to Jesus and love of the brethren (other Christians) is proof of their love for Him.

"Straight" Christians should not hate "gay" Christians. If a gay person truly becomes a born-again Christian, that means the gay person has confessed his/her sin of homosexuality, and repents of it (turns away from it). The straight Christians should support and pray for gay Christians in their struggle to have victory over that sin, the same way all Christians should support each other to overcome whatever sin. But Christians cannot ignore or support continuous public sinning by other Christians. That doesn't help anyone.

Before anyone gets fired up, just remember that I didn't introduce the "gay" controversery into this thread. Personally, I wish we could discuss a topic, any topic, without always bringing people's sexuality into it. It is getting tiresome.
I brought up about 'gay' controversy here because we are still being discriminated by bible-thumping straight christians people. Please don't deny that. Straight Christians DON'T accept LGBTQI Christians who still chose to remain as LGBTQI and practice religious. I think LGBTQI Christians are far more accepting any kind of people with open arms than Straight Christians.

Back