Jesus was a magician who made people hallucinate about His miracles?

DreamyHawaii

Reaction score
Do you think Jesus was real miracle or just magican? Did Jesus teaching his good fellowers to act like they are blind or deaf or dead or anything to show performing their drama to people makes them believers to Jesus does it all? Who knows? How?
Would you mind analysis this? Here it is http://www.carm.org/evidence/hallucinate.htm As for me, I am believer to Jesus was God's son and Jesus is the lord Because he have great talent of his own story that tells all the truth stories and we got inspired by his word was very talent. I still keep doing that fight the good and fight of faith too. 1 Timothy 6:2 that I still believe in Him and Jesus too.

Jesus was God on earth, and He performed real miracles. There were no hallucinations or tricks.

Interesting link!

Even if someone doesn't believe in Jesus' divinity, his teachings are still wise. Teachings of love, tolerance, kindness, compassion, peace. I really don't think there is a more perfect role model, even if you do not believe in God.

It does make sense about Jesus being a good illusionist. That's how a lot of magicians do their tricks... by fooling others.

I'm not a christian but i do believe that Jesus was a very good man with a very wise messege. Like many others in history like Gandi and Buddha or even MLK or Mother Teresa. ( Of course i really don't know about all the claims of miricules and powers. I was'nt there so what do i know.) I just find it so sad though what organized religion does with these messeges of these higher beings. I just wish they would just stick with the true core messege of Jesus which i think was love one another and except each other for who we are.

Nihil said:
I'm not a christian but i do believe that Jesus was a very good man with a very wise messege. Like many others in history like Gandi and Buddha or even MLK or Mother Teresa. ( Of course i really don't know about all the claims of miricules and powers. I was'nt there so what do i know.) I just find it so sad though what organized religion does with these messeges of these higher beings. I just wish they would just stick with the true core messege of Jesus which i think was love one another and except each other for who we are.

:gpost:

A major turn off to many people today about religion is the whole twisted interpretation people have of God's word. Jesus preached non-violence, to love our enemies, and to turn the other cheek. I've seen clips of George Bush claiming God is in our side in this Iraq War. That just makes me sick to my stomach.

Nihil said:
...I just wish they would just stick with the true core messege of Jesus which i think was love one another and except each other for who we are.
The "true core message of Jesus" is that no one can enter Heaven without accepting Jesus as Savior.

Nihil said:

Love one another"

Sigh, whatta sad thing we have to put up crap from the religious people who are ignorant and broke every rule about love & respect in the bible. IF they comply with Jesus' commands, we all will live in an almost perfect world.

If God wants us to love one another - then what's the difference does it make whom we love?
This is what Jesus called on his disciples to do. Many times he told his disciples how Christians should treat one another. All of these many sayings from scripture (shown below) give a clear idea of how important community is to Christianity.

*Be at peace with one another ~Mark 9:50
*I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. ~John 13:34-35
*Love one another as I have loved you ~John 15:12
*Love one another ~John 15:17
*Love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor ~Romans 12:10
*Live in harmony with one another ~Romans 12:16
*Owe no one anything except to love one another ~Romans 13:8
*Let us therefore no longer pass judgment on one another, but resolve instead never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of another. ~Romans 14:13
*Live in harmony with one another ~Romans 15:5
*Welcome one another ~Romans 15:7
*Greet one another with a holy kiss ~Romans 16:16
*Care for one another ~1 Corinthians 12:25
*Greet one another with a holy kiss ~1 Corinthians 16:20
*Agree with one another, live in peace; Greet one another with a holy kiss ~2 Corinthians 13:11-12
*Through love serve one another ~Galatians 5:13
*Bear with one another in love ~Ephesians 4:2
*Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another ~Ephesians 4:32
*Be subject to one another ~Ephesians 5:21
*Do not lie to one another ~Colossians 3:9
*Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other ~Colossians 3:13
*Teach and admonish one another ~Colossians 3:16
*Abound in love for one another ~1 Thessalonians 3:12
*Love one another ~1 Thessalonians 4:9
*Encourage one another ~1 Thessalonians 4:18
*Encourage one another; build up each other ~1 Thessalonians 5:11
*Do good to one another ~1 Thessalonians 5:15
*Exhort one another every day ~Hebrews 3:13
*Provoke one another to love and good deeds . . . encouraging one another ~Hebrews 10:24-25
*Do not speak evil against one another ~James 4:11
*Do not grumble against one another ~James 5:9
*Confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another ~James 5:16
*Love one another deeply from the heart ~1 Peter 1:22
*Have unity of spirit, sympathy, and love for one another ~1 Peter 3:8
*Maintain constant love for one another; be hospitable to one another; serve one another ~1 Peter 4:8-10
*Greet one another ~1 Peter 5:14
*Have fellowship with one another ~1 John 1:7
*Love one another ~1 John 3:11
*Love one another ~1 John 3:14
*Love one another ~1 John 3:23
*Beloved, let us love one another ~1 John 4:7
*Love one another ~1 John 4:11-12
*Love one another ~2 John 1:5

EyesBlueDeaf said:
This is what Jesus called on his disciples to do. Many times he told his disciples how Christians should treat one another. All of these many sayings from scripture (shown below) give a clear idea of how important community is to Christianity.
Yes, those verses tell Christians how to relate to other Christians. That is, how people who have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior should treat other people who have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. That is why I stated that the core message from Jesus is that each person must accept Christ as Savior. After that, then the verses commanding Christians to love one another will apply.

DreamyHawaii said:
Do you think Jesus was real miracle or just magican? Did Jesus teaching his good fellowers to act like they are blind or deaf or dead or anything to show performing their drama to people makes them believers to Jesus does it all? Who knows? How?
Would you mind analysis this? Here it is http://www.carm.org/evidence/hallucinate.htm As for me, I am believer to Jesus was God's son and Jesus is the lord Because he have great talent of his own story that tells all the truth stories and we got inspired by his word was very talent. I still keep doing that fight the good and fight of faith too. 1 Timothy 6:2 that I still believe in Him and Jesus too.
:bump: Did you know that miracle is magic. magic is miracle.. those words are same meaning..

NOTE: don't tell me, "oh boy you are wrong, those words musT misunderstood to you" and " you don't know what those interpetation to you" in famous saying in public.. better back off from me and dont ever twist with with my mind firmed BOTH meaning are same word, period! :thumb:

Reba said:
Yes, those verses tell Christians how to relate to other Christians. That is, how people who have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior should treat other people who have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. That is why I stated that the core message from Jesus is that each person must accept Christ as Savior. After that, then the verses commanding Christians to love one another will apply.

MOST straight religious people are against LGBTQI religious people whilst LGBTQI religious people accept Straight religious people.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
MOST straight religious people are against LGBTQI religious people whilst LGBTQI religious people accept Straight religious people.
What does this topic have to do with "LGBTQI" and straight people? :topic:

It seems like every thread started about Jesus, the Bible, Christians, or God ends up with some kind of "gay/homosexual/sodomite" challenge. Why?

Jesus was a magician who made people hallucinate about His miracles

All sorts of excuses and challenges have been offered to contradict or explain away the miraculous accounts of Jesus' life. Among the weaker challenges offered is that Jesus was some sort of a magician who was able to get people to hallucinate about His miracles. In other words, countless people were all seeing Jesus do things that were not really happening and it was Jesus who was perpetrating this deception upon them. Let's take the account of where Jesus feeds the five thousand with five loaves and two fish (Matt. 14:19-21). Though it is certainly possible to have one person hallucinate about this, how do the critics account for five thousand people hallucinating about the same thing at the same time? Or how about the resurrection? How do the critics explain the accounts of Jesus appearing to the disciples with holes in His feet and hands? How did Jesus get numerous people to believe a lie about His resurrection (a mass hallucination?) after the Romans, who were experts at executions, not only flogged Him severely, beat Him, and hung Him on a cross for six hours and then pierced His side where water and blood came out? How did Jesus do that?
Some have alleged that Jesus went to the far east and learned many "tricks" and techniques for influencing people as well as controlling His bodily functions so as to appear dead. Of course, this kind of theory lacks any evidence at all and is nothing more than conjecture and guesswork. Besides, the Bible says in Luke 2:51 that Jesus from a very young age continued in subjection to His parents. This means that in that culture, Jesus was obligated to stay with His earthly parents and care for them in accordance to the Ten Commandments which stated that He was to honor His mother and father. His obligation was to be there and care for them in their old age, not abandoning them for some journey to the far east in order to learn techniques of mind control.
Hallucinations are misperceptions, false interpretations of reality. It is certainly possible for a single person to have a hallucination about something. But, how do you get two, three, or four people to misperceive reality and claim to see the same thing at the same time -- like Jesus' resurrection? That is very difficult to do. In fact, have you ever heard of a group of people succumbing to a mass hallucination and all of them believe the same thing?
But then, some might say that Jesus was able to hypnotize people which would account for the mass hallucination. But you must remember that if Jesus were hypnotizing people, then He would have had to do it over and over again in different circumstances (in homes, in temples, in open fields, in boats, from the cross, etc), with hostile audiences (Pharisees, Sadducees, etc.), as well as those who were already believing Him. If Jesus was so good a hypnotizing people and getting them to believe things that weren't true (which makes Him a deceiver), then why did He not fool people and escape the sentence of being beaten and crucified? Or is it all part of the incredibly great hoax that Jesus somehow managed to accomplish on hundreds and hundreds of people.
Also, did Jesus teach His disciples how to do mystical and/or mind control techniques? If that is so, then where is the evidence? Merely claiming that Jesus could do it, does not mean that it is true. There must be some compelling evidence to support the claim. Simply stating that miracles cannot happen and this must mean that Jesus was a magician or some sort, is begging the question. In other words, the critics assume to be true the thing they are trying to prove; namely, that miracles cannot happen. They then base conclusions upon that assumption which cannot be proven at all.
In order to maintain the theory that Jesus was a master magician who caused people to hallucinate it would seem that the person holding that position must himself be hallucinating.

This source from link, dreamyhawaii gave out..

Anyway, Now I understanding about this..Yes That the exactly I had thought for long time.. I ask you some questions, Were Moses, Elijah and Jesus try a magician who made people hallucinate about their miracles as example Moses made divide water on right and on left through dryland?? Did Elijah made fire come out of heaven on earth?? Did Jesus healed the cripple and lame feet to walk normal, no more cripple and lame any longer, they walk like you normal people walking now, Jesus healed Lazarus who been died in grave for four days to rise from the dead to walk like you walk ailve on earth, and Jesus can turned water into wine, so have you hear in moderate day people who can turn water into wine or have you hear any magican people who can heal died people out of grave and walk on earth with you possbile??

Thats why like before I said, Bible SOUND like myth and science fiction!?! and all christians are the absolutely MASSIVE DELUSIONAL SCHIZOPHEREICS [aka M.D.S.].

Now you loook at TODAY!, Jesus already passed his test all chirstian people hallucinating about the same thing at the same time in his own tricks. His grade is A+ already! they are the MASSIVE HALLUCINATIONS and once believe the false interpretations of THEIR MISPERCEPTIONS away from realitic reality. how so SAD!

Reba said:
What does this topic have to do with "LGBTQI" and straight people? :topic:
It seems like every thread started about Jesus, the Bible, Christians, or God ends up with some kind of "gay/homosexual/sodomite" challenge. Why?
You left the word 'religious' out from my original statement. Straight religious people... Why did I post it? Because it is a fact that most straight religious people don't accept LGBTQI religious people. ASL version: straight christian not accept gay lesbian christian So it is against Jesus' advices/ wishes to Christians to love one another. So I was never off the topic.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
You left the word 'religious' out from my original statement. ..
My original response wasn't about "religious" people; it was about Christians. Christians are people who accept Jesus Christ as Savior. That means, people who confess that they are sinners, repent (turn away) from their sins, and accept that Jesus exchanged His blood for their punishment; they believe that Jesus was killed, was three days in death's grave, and then was resurrected (rose alive again); and He nows lives eternally in Heaven. The believers love and obey Jesus, and follow His ways. Obedience to Jesus and love of the brethren (other Christians) is proof of their love for Him.

"Straight" Christians should not hate "gay" Christians. If a gay person truly becomes a born-again Christian, that means the gay person has confessed his/her sin of homosexuality, and repents of it (turns away from it). The straight Christians should support and pray for gay Christians in their struggle to have victory over that sin, the same way all Christians should support each other to overcome whatever sin. But Christians cannot ignore or support continuous public sinning by other Christians. That doesn't help anyone.

Before anyone gets fired up, just remember that I didn't introduce the "gay" controversery into this thread. Personally, I wish we could discuss a topic, any topic, without always bringing people's sexuality into it. It is getting tiresome.

cental34 said:
Even if someone doesn't believe in Jesus' divinity, his teachings are still wise. Teachings of love, tolerance, kindness, compassion, peace. I really don't think there is a more perfect role model, even if you do not believe in God.

Buddhism has a similar doctrine. All religions in this world ask you to be compassionate. There is one difference between so many religions-- the role of their Supreme Being, if they do have one.

:)

Back