Jeep gone :cry:

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Cherokee was totaled this morning. I'm OK. Other driver's fault. Crash in front of my college. Driver side impact. Jeep went spinning in air.

Sorry. Hope the other driver had good insurance and you get a better Jeep. :(

Oh Reba, that's terrible. I hope you didn't suffer any major injuries, although I'm sure you'll be feeling it tomorrow. Considering it was drivers side impact, you are very fortunate to be alive and well. Car accidents are a scary thing. If you can take Advil/Motrin, I'd reccomend taking it regularly (every 6 hours or so) for the next couple days to try and stay ahead of the pain.

Did you feel like you were on the Gravitron?
I was in a terrible accident when I was 31 weeks pregnant with my eldest child, and my car spun around 3 times. The feeling I got was that I was on the Gravitron at the fair, plus that smelly stuff that comes out when the airbags deploy.

I'm happy that you're okay, all things considered.

Are you okay, Reba? :eek3:
I hope you get checked out by a doctor, if you haven't done so already. A lot of times you do not feel any injuries until the next day. Please take care of yourself. A jeep can be replaced but not you. :hug:

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Sorry to hear that buddy! Hope you're alright. Damn idiot drivers.

Most importantly, you're OK. A car is always replaceable but a life isn't.

Jeeps gone

OH NO, I could tell you loved that Jeep...I am so sorry..But are you OK..Please follow everyones advise..because it won't really impact on you until tomorrow and then it's OUCHY! I'm gonna meditate on you my friend and hope another Jeep is in your future...Take good care of yourself please...
Peace begins Within..Midnight.♥♥♥

Oh yikes! That must have been scary.

Second the thought about getting checked out. If there is anything wrong at all, you want that to be documented immediately. And treated, obviously.

What kind of Jeep did you have? If you're alive and well and uninjured, it did its job! I used to have a Jeep Grand Cherokee years ago and liked it a lot.

Hope the insurance is enough to let you buy a new car that you will like as much as the Jeep.

That is not good! These Cherokees (Not grand Cherokees) are great and very dependable. Hope you can find replacement Cherokees. I am sure it is getting tougher to find same one. Last model year for Cherokees are 2001. Wish these Chrysler people keep Cherokee design.

Oh, no! I hope you are alright, Reba. I know you really liked that Jeep....

oh my..... i'm glad you're A+

Thank you for all your kind words and good wishes. :ty:

Pictures taken with my BB.

Jeep went airborne, spun around, and landed facing the wrong way. It felt like a centrifuge. I'm glad that I didn't hit a pole or sign or oncoming traffic.

Driving 45 mph, from the college.

Passerby opened my door for me because it wouldn't open from inside. Once opened, the doors couldn't be shut. The tow truck driver had to bungee them.

Seat, dash panel twisted inside.

I'm fine except very sore. Went to doctor, checked out OK but will go back for follow up on Monday.

Other car was 2011 Buick. Young lady driver. She said, "I'm so sorry; I didn't see you."

I was on the main road, left lane, and she was coming from the opposite direction, and was crossing by way of the paved cut thru. She got me at full speed, no braking.

Attachments

• fullview1.jpg
    fullview1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 31
  • baddoors1.jpg
    baddoors1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 29
  • driverdoor1.jpg
    driverdoor1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 29
  • frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 28
  • othercardriver1.jpg
    othercardriver1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 28
Irony:

Had a full tank of gas.

Jeep insurance due next week.

Hubby is halfway thru constructing special paved parking pad for my Jeep. He picked up and spread the gravel today.

Irony:

Had a full tank of gas.

Jeep insurance due next week.

Hubby is halfway thru constructing special paved parking pad for my Jeep. He picked up and spread the gravel today.

oh my.... what a waste of gas.... hope you can siphon it off!

unless.... the emergency personnel or tow truck already emptied it

Sorry. Hope the other driver had good insurance and you get a better Jeep. :(
The other driver has Geico but it won't matter much because the book value on my Jeep is so low. I won't be able to get another vehicle. I will have to borrow Hubby's Jeep from now on. :(

Really glad to know that ur alright, Reba!....Jeez...ur gonna be soooo sore for awhile!...And hope you don't have any nightmares (as I did when a Semi truck hit my Camaro years ago, totalled my car, too). I was a frazzled wreck for awhile, but not hurt, just shooken up, as I'm sure you are too.

oh my.... what a waste of gas.... hope you can siphon it off!

unless.... the emergency personnel or tow truck already emptied it
Hubby will go to the impound after the insurance guy looks it over. TCS has an empty can and flexible tubing. He knows what to do. I hope he gets to it before someone else does.

Back