Itt Tech Institute and DVR

I went through the same thing. I also went to talk to the supervisor and he did nothing but agreed with her. Saying "Well u did score low on a teast." No s*** being out of school since 01 u forget a$$. So u are going to score low. Being That I scored low wasn't they supoused to help me get back in the swing of school? Plus I am leagly deaf/ hard of hearing. Also they were suposed to help me find work they did not do that. So I quit going there because they did not help me at all. That is what they are there for, my counsuler and superviser did no do any thing for me; but keep me down. This is some thing I do not get! Orginisations that are biuld to help people who are difrent turn around and try to keep us down. Who else can I go to and tell them that VESID did not help me at all. They just talk down to u and treat u less than human. Also I am interested in going to RIT, I never took the SAT but one of my friends said it would be better to take the ACT. I been out of school since 01 so I forgot things. So dose any one know a prep course offered in Albany NY that can help bring back my memory alittle. Plus thies collages do not do a good job with accomidating deaf and hard of hearing studens AT ALL. So I my friends back in BOCES told me to go look in to RIT. I did and I talked to someone thire and it seems to work VERY well. Small class room sizes more one on one with the teacher and my favoret thing doing ASL. So can someone please help me PLEASE.

It's good to know that you manage well with your living and home. Wow, that's way too long to ride on the bus. You are right that you need a car! Please don't make a mistake for another suspension. It is not worth it if your friends tell you the fool things that might make you to believe it for fun. It's because many of us just don't trust some cops - who knows whether a cop might be doing a stupid thing on his duty. i.e. a giant cop man with a tiny tun gun because he has a pea brain. Just like an elephant is afraid of a mouse.

Just pretending that you are an "old man and be wise." Wear nice clothes in front of people that you have not met or at work - of course. You will be fine after all as long as they don't across your line because you have to protect your life and your family.

I think that it would be a nice to be a deaf owner of a business someday. I am not exact sure how you will make money in the Software Engineer. How long will you "finish" your goal? 5 years or 10 years? Will you able to make money awhile you are at the school? It is nice to think of something in our dream, but the reality is not a dream. That's two different worlds between dream and reality. Many of us have the same problem.

Maybe, you could run a printer company owner instead of Software Engineer, or you could do both goals (probably not same time) for your backup career. My brother-in-law owns seven print shops for over 20 years, and he is doing very well in the business.

If you really love to be in the Software Engineer, then that's good as long as you know what you are doing. Except the money, that's where you have to find one. A loan from a bank is risk unless you founded a business. I'm not expert this one. You could try and ask someone on "Personal Finances" thread in the front website (Personal Finances - AllDeaf.com) , and someone might have some advices for you on your post. :thumb:

Webexplorer, Yeah i had a lot of dream. I might can working with dead body but i am not sure what it is called, lolz. The salary is thick as i want to have good money! I am not really afraid of dead body because i going to therapist that's why. Sometime i go to personal finances in alldeaf but there is nothings happen because i paid push up by deaf business until i found out it's not able to make it! They just stole from all of our money but that's kewl. It's nothings, tho. I prefer i have to looking for hearing business with free ebook or whatever! I don't able to afford to pay for nothings. I tried to do survey online for money but they just asked a lot of questions and not give me nothings!! Thanks for remind me that but i will post my thread in personal finances, tonight but right now, i am busy because i have to go to therapist. Will be right back soon.

I went through the same thing. I also went to talk to the supervisor and he did nothing but agreed with her. Saying "Well u did score low on a teast." No s*** being out of school since 01 u forget a$$. So u are going to score low. Being That I scored low wasn't they supoused to help me get back in the swing of school? Plus I am leagly deaf/ hard of hearing. Also they were suposed to help me find work they did not do that. So I quit going there because they did not help me at all. That is what they are there for, my counsuler and superviser did no do any thing for me; but keep me down. This is some thing I do not get! Orginisations that are biuld to help people who are difrent turn around and try to keep us down. Who else can I go to and tell them that VESID did not help me at all. They just talk down to u and treat u less than human. Also I am interested in going to RIT, I never took the SAT but one of my friends said it would be better to take the ACT. I been out of school since 01 so I forgot things. So dose any one know a prep course offered in Albany NY that can help bring back my memory alittle. Plus thies collages do not do a good job with accomidating deaf and hard of hearing studens AT ALL. So I my friends back in BOCES told me to go look in to RIT. I did and I talked to someone thire and it seems to work VERY well. Small class room sizes more one on one with the teacher and my favoret thing doing ASL. So can someone please help me PLEASE.

I understand and i feeling yo too! They is foul as hell B****, lolz! You can contact with NTID who can help you with college. Here it is RIT - National Technical Institute for the Deaf - Technical College for Deaf Students hope you will get it. You have to go to High School or wherever who you graduation and ask them if they can give you ACT Test before you can study. do you mind i ask, how old is you? If it is passed 21 years old then all is you need to speak with the management of Act Test who can give you a test if they permission or not. Let me know, then.

I understand and i feeling yo too! They is foul as hell B****, lolz! You can contact with NTID who can help you with college. Here it is RIT - National Technical Institute for the Deaf - Technical College for Deaf Students hope you will get it. You have to go to High School or wherever who you graduation and ask them if they can give you ACT Test before you can study. do you mind i ask, how old is you? If it is passed 21 years old then all is you need to speak with the management of Act Test who can give you a test if they permission or not. Let me know, then.
I did graduate in 01' from Albany High school and I am 30 yrs. Old; will be on new years eve. Plus I get SSI. I realy want to go back to school to add to my education. I am from Albany, NY

I did graduate in 01' from Albany High school and I am 30 yrs. Old; will be on new years eve. Plus I get SSI. I realy want to go back to school to add to my education. I am from Albany, NY

Oh okay, do you have any friends who is attend college?

You said "you are only one out of all of your friends that plan go to college"? I do not understand. You mean you only one who is wanted to go to college and all of your friends is graduation?

None of them went at all. I am the only one that plain on going to collage. They did not go at all did not even graduate from HS.

Ohh okay, i understand. I guess you could try to contact with Ntid for counselor and they can help you out. I was gave you the information from the website link, try it.

No, I am the only one out of all of my friends that plans to go to collage.

I didn't know that you want to go into the "collage." :scratch:

Just kidding. You are ahead of your friends, and you will make some new friends at NTID. What is your goal to become a professional or technician?

I whan't to be in the coputer graphics industry....Hopefuly. Pluse I am HOH and I fit with both hearing world and the deaf world. But I am wanting to be back with my deaf side. I miss it and I feel much beter with my deaf peers. Pluse, I hope they did not change becuse 99.9% of the people in the hearing world is VERY fake. I had 2 Beast frinds and ironicly the both died 6 mo. appart. They were the only people that I trust.

I want to work in the computer graphic industry. I am HOH, and I want to involve with hearing and deaf worlds. But, I rather to be involved with deaf culture which is comfortable for me. I lost my two best friends, and they died six months apart. They were only ones that I trust.

Please don't expect that your things and your social friends will be the same when you finished your college and go home because most students tend to move out and apply a job far away. That's the reality.

A computer graphic industry is good. Better for you to find out where you want to get a job somewhere or perhaps you have a few of them in your area - it is not that simple. I wouldn't want to say that we have too many people in our country, but it is already done damaged.

I learned that any big industry or company can create a massive layoff once a while. Small and medium companies are not that bad if you are willing to accept a salary. Most people expect to make a lot of money in their dream - that's a fault dream. Oh, well that's part of our nature.

When I came home after I graduated from college, three companies went out of business. I was stunned because I know these companies for many years. I also applied for a job at a big insurance company as a computer graphic worker. I found out that the company use only three employees in the graphic department, and it's a small department. A large group of employees are the printing department in other building in the same place.

It's better that you have a backup career (a different job which is not related to a computer graphic designer). It's your big decision that you want to be in school or play around often with fraternity/sorority. Some students didn't do well in school because they were serious to involve with the frat/sorority. I have really nothing to against that. It's very important to be in the balance between work in school and have fun. My opinion is that frat/sorority is really waste of time because they recruit new students for money - actually that's for college's extra money which is part of dirty business legally not just the students' fault. Approximately 70 percent of students in college who joined the club failed several times after they graduated their college. What an embarrassment. Most colleges never reveal that information for years.

I whan't to be in the coputer graphics industry....Hopefuly. Pluse I am HOH and I fit with both hearing world and the deaf world. But I am wanting to be back with my deaf side. I miss it and I feel much beter with my deaf peers. Pluse, I hope they did not change becuse 99.9% of the people in the hearing world is VERY fake. I had 2 Beast frinds and ironicly the both died 6 mo. appart. They were the only people that I trust.

I feelin you as same things here! Again, you can ask NTID counselor. Don't give up on your dream like me because i still fight with DVR, still waiting for responding from Postal office, and looking for other college for fit my match. All is you need to think of yourself and what do you want to do with your life. We can do something equal with hearing people! Look at all people who is successfully with computer technical. I want to see all of deaf/hoh people who is success but not like dirty shyt, you know what i saying?

Please don't expect that your things and your social friends will be the same when you finished your college and go home because most students tend to move out and apply a job far away. That's the reality.

A computer graphic industry is good. Better for you to find out where you want to get a job somewhere or perhaps you have a few of them in your area - it is not that simple. I wouldn't want to say that we have too many people in our country, but it is already done damaged.

I learned that any big industry or company can create a massive layoff once a while. Small and medium companies are not that bad if you are willing to accept a salary. Most people expect to make a lot of money in their dream - that's a fault dream. Oh, well that's part of our nature.

When I came home after I graduated from college, three companies went out of business. I was stunned because I know these companies for many years. I also applied for a job at a big insurance company as a computer graphic worker. I found out that the company use only three employees in the graphic department, and it's a small department. A large group of employees are the printing department in other building in the same place.

It's better that you have a backup career (a different job which is not related to a computer graphic designer). It's your big decision that you want to be in school or play around often with fraternity/sorority. Some students didn't do well in school because they were serious to involve with the frat/sorority. I have really nothing to against that. It's very important to be in the balance between work in school and have fun. My opinion is that frat/sorority is really waste of time because they recruit new students for money - actually that's for college's extra money which is part of dirty business legally not just the students' fault. Approximately 70 percent of students in college who joined the club failed several times after they graduated their college. What an embarrassment. Most colleges never reveal that information for years.

Amen!! right on, dude

Back