It seemed that all my non-speaking deaf friends always just get

naturelchick

Reaction score
get off with a warning/no ticket...as I am an oral deaf I decided to do an experiment..and sure enough highway patrol didn't ticket me if I requested pen and paper....coincidence or no?

How old are they? I remember when I was in 20's I only got few warnings. But a few years ago, nope i got the tickets twice. :roll:

Oh, yeah! It helps to be a pretty girl in your 20's, no question.

I was driving with my mom once when I was about 25 and went through a red light or didn't signal a turn or something, I don't even remember what. Oops, sirens and lights right behind me! The nice young officer pulled me over, asked for license and registration, and I abjectly apologized for whatever it was. He ended up giving me a warning, no ticket.

After he left, my mom sort of smiled and said "You're lucky this time, but wait 'til you're 50 - it will be a different story."

And, uh... she was right. ;-/

get off with a warning/no ticket...as I am an oral deaf I decided to do an experiment..and sure enough highway patrol didn't ticket me if I requested pen and paper....coincidence or no?

coincidence? nope not at all.

I was driving with my mom once when I was about 25 and went through a red light or didn't signal a turn or something, I don't even remember what. Oops, sirens and lights right behind me! The nice young officer pulled me over, asked for license and registration, and I abjectly apologized for whatever it was. He ended up giving me a warning, no ticket.

After he left, my mom sort of smiled and said "You're lucky this time, but wait 'til you're 50 - it will be a different story."

:lol: That's sad! I am not even 50 yet and got the two tickets.

I didn't ask for paper and pen. I got pulled over two or three times in my life and got off each time. The last time was about one or two years ago. I am in early 50's.

Was always able to talk myself out of getting a ticket when I was young also...but once I bought a sports car....tickets came raining down it seemed!
After a few years of it, I traded and got myself a truck. Never got a ticket with it.

Now I drive a Lincoln, and no tickets. Dunno if it really depends upon how young and pretty you are...OR if it's the car you're driving?...Maybe even the Cop's "mood"?...But having a "gift of gab" and a pretty face does seem to help...even "tears" have worked for me.

I got pulled over two or three times in my life and got off each time. The last time was about one or two years ago. I am in early 50's.

Clearly you're just way cuter than we are. :lol:

Sometime if they sensed that you're being sincere that just made an honest mistake or something, they'll let you get away. But at the same time also give you a bit of a warning or an explanation as to what you may have done wrong so you'd know next time.

For real? I often heard that in an old deaf joke.

Nope, for real. He and a friend from St. Rita. I laughed my butt off and said, "See, I told you never to use your deafness as an excuse!"

Well I'm 30 and driving a GTI... MAYBE is just a coincidence but every single time I talk I get a

I'm 60 and I haven't been pulled over yet, even when I was young and driving a Porsche. (Accidents, yes, tickets, no.)

A few years ago, Hubby (hearing signer) was driving and signing with a deaf friend. They were trying to find an address. Between the signing and the searching, Hubby wasn't paying attention to his speed (he admits it). He got pulled over. He told the cop what he was doing. He got a ticket. :giggle:

Yeah, my kid tried signing and got a cop that was a CODA!:lol:

:lol: I got a cop who had a deaf son when I got a speeding ticket years ago. He acted as a terp for his dad after his dad called him many years ago. So much for my Deaf act.

My sister knew of a woman that was really beautiful and she got pulled over by a state police for speeding. The cop walked up to the woman car and asked her if he knew why he stopped her. The woman said "to take state me out to the state police ball?" The cop answered back "state polices do not have balls" And the woman tried her best not to LOL , the cop realize what he said and his face turn bright red and he walked away! The woman got no speeding ticket! This really happen!

Back