Is this true about Gallaudet?

um... see post #211. and he's the English major (grad student)... a writer... You'd fail it. Wouldn't be surprised if you had to take it twice. It's normal. nothing to be ashamed about.

Blah. It's still annoying to add the writing section. I'll be happy to do away with the writing section and do Verbal and Math section as it was with the old SAT.

the worst part is.... the computer-based GRE will re-adjust its test as according to your level and it will get progressively difficult.

Blah. It's still annoying to add the writing section. I'll be happy to do away with the writing section and do Verbal and Math section as it was with the old SAT.

it's funny that you think GRE = SAT :laugh2:

the worst part is.... the computer-based GRE will re-adjust its test as according to your level and it will get progressively difficult.

Omg, seriously?! Now that's even more fucked up!!!!!!! Arrggghh, those stupid CollegeBoard and ETS people! >.<

*still recalling all of my standardized testing pains I've had*

Omg, seriously?! Now that's even more fucked up!!!!!!! Arrggghh, those stupid CollegeBoard and ETS people! >.<

*still recalling all of my standardized testing pains I've had*

the standardized test was a joke. and an insult.

I took it with one of my eyes closed cuz it was early in the morning. I always finished each section about 30 min before everybody else. Maybe there was 1 or 2 persons who finished it before me but either way... I napped and drooled on my test. Pissed me off cuz I had to redo the answer sheet. :roll:

the standardized test was a joke. and an insult.

I took it with one of my eyes closed cuz it was early in the morning. I always finished each section about 30 min before everybody else. Maybe there was 1 or 2 persons who finished it before me but either way... I napped and drooled on my test. Pissed me off cuz I had to redo the answer sheet. :roll:

Haha, 30 minutes? Tell you....each section is 25-30 min long...so...hence, you lie.

It's so annoying that they had to add the fucking writing section!! I hate the writing section! I wish it was equally English and Math section, not two English and one Math section. Ugh >.<

There are plenty of people who can do well on a standardized test, but when it comes time to actually expressing themselves intelligently and articulately, they are completely inept. The writing section of the GRE is in place because being able to write well is a very important part of graduate school. Publishing articles and research findings is a fact of life in graduate school and academia, and a university will want you to be competent and capable in this area. For many disciplines, the writing section is probably the most important thing they look at from on your test score.

There are plenty of people who can do well on a standardized test, but when it comes time to actually expressing themselves intelligently and articulately, they are completely inept. The writing section of the GRE is in place because being able to write well is a very important part of graduate school. Publishing articles and research findings is a fact of life in graduate school and academia, and a university will want you to be competent and capable in this area. For many disciplines, the writing section is probably the most important thing they look at from on your test score.
For this reason - I would have someone do the writing test for me on the GRE...

I just found my GRE result. I got 440/800 Verbal, 600/800 Math, and 3/6 Writing :giggle:

oh the horror! this was the result of me cramming for a week. how embarrassing. :io:

Matajan:Harvardgirl
A) posts from hell:HoHissues
B) sheila:Jiro
C) faire jour:grendel
D) jclarke: Alex

I just found my GRE result. I got 440/800 Verbal, 600/800 Math, and 3/6 Writing :giggle:

oh the horror! this was the result of me cramming for a week. how embarrassing. :io:

You kicked my ass on the math section. LOL

Back