Is there deaf people into the HONDA/ACURA game?

I see. Thats sad.

Ever hear of Import Alliance? Huge car meet held here in TN. It originally was a huge honda meet, and still is like 75% honda. Last summer there were like 4000 honda's that showed up out of like 5000 cars

Interesting.... This :deaf: forum... :eek:

I know forums. Im a member of ej1squad.com, tamparacing.com, and orlandoforums.com for years, but this one... is BIG different. oh well.

One of my friends used to live in IL. He now lives in NY. He works as a mechanic. He has a modded Integra GSR. He also has an older Civic. I don't know how modded the Civic is. He knows how to take apart engine. I know he has done those kind of things on his older Civic(1992), I think.

I have a 1993 Civic, D15B7 w/ auto tranny that had been sitting on our parking lot since last summer. This car was towed in with a no start after replaced reman distributor assy and new spark plugs and wires by our shop. My service writer think the reman dist assy is defective then he replaced 2nd reman dist assy, the engine won't fire up. Then he informed a customer that he think it is PGM-FI relay. Customer declined the repairs, she think we did something wrong with her car but my service writer asked me to diagnose no start condition ( I was told that my mechanic replaced 2nd dist assy when I was on dayoff), investigated and pinpoint ECM ( engine control module ) after discovered loose negative battery cable. Obviously fried ECM, informed a service writer. He notified and questioned a customer, she said something new JVC stereo installed recent by her boyfriend that may explained he disconnect a battery cable and seem forget to tighten a negative cable end. She surrendered her car, sold it to my shop. Yesterday, we got an used ECM from salvage yard, I picked it up and noticed yellow mark " 94 Civic VETC" on ECM. I asked him Is this ECM right part? He says yes. I installed it, the engine fired up and runs ok but the CHECK ENGINE light come on , pull code 21 ABS. This car doesn't have ABS. Wrong ECM. He will het another ECM. Maybe next week. We want to sell it after correct ECM.

I have a 1993 Civic, D15B7 w/ auto tranny that had been sitting on our parking lot since last summer. This car was towed in with a no start after replaced reman distributor assy and new spark plugs and wires by our shop. My service writer think the reman dist assy is defective then he replaced 2nd reman dist assy, the engine won't fire up. Then he informed a customer that he think it is PGM-FI relay. Customer declined the repairs, she think we did something wrong with her car but my service writer asked me to diagnose no start condition ( I was told that my mechanic replaced 2nd dist assy when I was on dayoff), investigated and pinpoint ECM ( engine control module ) after discovered loose negative battery cable. Obviously fried ECM, informed a service writer. He notified and questioned a customer, she said something new JVC stereo installed recent by her boyfriend that may explained he disconnect a battery cable and seem forget to tighten a negative cable end. She surrendered her car, sold it to my shop. Yesterday, we got an used ECM from salvage yard, I picked it up and noticed yellow mark " 94 Civic VETC" on ECM. I asked him Is this ECM right part? He says yes. I installed it, the engine fired up and runs ok but the CHECK ENGINE light come on , pull code 21 ABS. This car doesn't have ABS. Wrong ECM. He will het another ECM. Maybe next week. We want to sell it after correct ECM.

I am surprised that your mechanic don't bother to test spark plugs first.

I am surprised that your mechanic don't bother to test spark plugs first.

We know the reman dist assy always have problem with no spark. 2nd dist assy cant fix it, still no spark. They waited me to return to work from my dayoff. Guess what? they didnt check CHECK ENGINE light for telltales and didnt check fuel injector pulses.

We know the reman dist assy always have problem with no spark. 2nd dist assy cant fix it, still no spark. They waited me to return to work from my dayoff. Guess what? they didnt check CHECK ENGINE light for telltales and didnt check fuel injector pulses.

For DIS, I will check ignition coil for spark test first. Save a time.

So That's mean Honda's starter worked but won't running engine thru bad PCM. Correct?

For DIS, I will check ignition coil for spark test first. Save a time.

So That's mean Honda's starter worked but won't running engine thru bad PCM. Correct?

Yes, I jump a service check connector color light blue under the glove box at kickside to see if the CHECK ENGINE light is flashing. No flashing is indicated no power or ground circuit to the ECM. I check fuses in under hood and under dash. Fuses ok. I check spark and injector pulses, found no spark/ injector pulse. Then check PGM -FI main relay under dash( driver side), found good relay then measure volts at the ECM side, still have 12v and check voltage drop in grounds. All still under .015v then pull the ECM and tear apart, sniff and found burnt electricial inside the ECM. When you disconnect one connector from the ECM, the C/E light went off that indicates bad ECM.

Updated on a Honda Civic's ECM..... we got a rebuilt ECM today from the auto electric shop after returned an wrong ECM to the salvage yard, refunded.
My service writer installed it in a Civic while I diagnosed a 2001 Jaguar XK8 for overheated. He wave me, shows me his thumb up. He fingerspell me No CE. I feel like I yell YES YES. The rebuilt ECM fix the C/E light. I came back to this car to verify the C/E light statue.... the C/E light on when key on then C/E light turn off within 2 sec that indicates good ECM function. He want me to do pre- smog test before send it to TEST ONLY station. I put it on hold till tomorrow or Saturday.

here. got a new honda. its a 97 hon civic DX. i'm looking for a body parts on front bumper, right headlight, radiator support frame, and right fender panel i think? dont like custom tailgail light,too lol im loooking for a stock one hehe

i havea lot more pictures but hers some when i started working on the front end.

mjorr-albums-95-honda-accord-picture5320-taking-apart-front-end.jpg

mjorr-albums-95-honda-accord-picture5321-front-bumper-instalation.jpg

mjorr-albums-95-honda-accord-picture5322-fenders.jpg

mjorr-albums-95-honda-accord-picture5323-fenders-front-bumper.jpg

mjorr-albums-95-honda-accord-picture5324-painted.jpg

Back