Is It Appropriate To .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
CyberRed said:
Almost everyone here know about you wantin' to go to Hawaii for honeymoon. I remember you posted about it in a thread somewhere.

Defee said:
Yaay! I knew i read that somewhere! i think Roadrunner said
that somewhere that he wanted to take Angel to Hawaii for their honeymoon too!

DreamDeaf said:
Defee - check post #54.

Defee said:
Im sorry? I dont understand, what about it?

If you had just checked post #54, this is what I said...

DreamDeaf said:
I found where the mention of Hawaii came up - it was in the Get to know Each other .. Game!!! thread...

Angel said:
43. IF YOU WON A ROUND TRIP TICKET TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU GO?

Hawaii

Angel did not say anything about going to Hawaii on a honeymoon - she was just answering a question, that's it.

It would have ended right there and then.

Guests shouldn't be expected to give gifts of any kind, period. It is in poor taste to expect them to do so. It is completely up to them if they want to bring a gift or not. Not everyone can afford to buy a gift for a wedding. I think that their presence should be enough.

Who is this wedding for? Of course, Angel and RoadRunner! The wedding is NOT for the guests - but for the guests to honor Angel and RoadRunner on their special day.

Exactly, that´s what I´m trying to say in my previous post that it´s their wedding. We (guests) show our respect and honor bride and groom... It´s not about us but them.

As for my opinion, so much have changed over the years - in the past, couples getting married, were just starting out, so they needed to have bridal registeries and bridal showers in order to get things they needed for their new home... now, many couples are merging two households into one household, and having to get rid of unnecessary, unneeded items... it can be a pain in the arse.

While it may not be proper to put "money gifts in lieu of wedding gifts" on an invitation, I do not see anything wrong with this statement: The couple are hoping to have a honeymoon, and would appreciate help from their good friends - or something to that effect.

Just my four cents' worth.

Yes, I´m agree on this... I don´t see anything wrong to fulfill bride and groom´s wish because their wish should be fulfilled.

If you had just checked post #54, this is what I said...

It would have ended right there and then.
I know Angel didnt say anything about going to Hawaii, it
was ME..look at my post #31..I was saying it just for an example..
Sorry if it caused a problem for Angel.

Guests shouldn't be expected to give gifts of any kind, period. It is in poor taste to expect them to do so. It is completely up to them if they want to bring a gift or not. Not everyone can afford to buy a gift for a wedding. I think that their presence should be enough.

I can't agree with you any more than that. In my experiences, I have always gotten invitations from my hearing family and friends which never included gift registeries nor any hints of requests for gifts.

When I moved to Utah, I was surprised to see some invitations with inserts stating that they have registeries at different places. Different customs here in Utah, but it is good to know what they want by looking into the registeries.

Overall, if I had a wedding, I would not expect presents, but the presence of my friends and family to share the wonderful day with me. If they give a gift, then that is nice of them, but I would remember their presence better than their gifts, especially if they flew in from Germany during the summer season.

Besides, weddings are more of a self-imposed event that celebrates a special day of the couple. if a wedding is fancy, and the wedding pair wants to be reimbursed for paying for guests' food, then I agree with Reba, why not sell tickets?! It is a self-making decision, which imposes upon guests. Just because someone wanted to have fancy food in their wedding does not justify the entitlement to fancy presents nor money in return. If the guests want to give something, then so be it.

Hi Angel, Please don't let Reba tell you what do. I don't agree with Reba.

I can understand your point but I don´t see anything wrong when Reba entitle her opinion. Everyone entitle their opinions. It´s Angel and Roadrunner´s decision either they like our opinion or not...

I think that you follow your heart and it is your wedding or whatever. I know many people don't like buy gifts because they don't know what buy gifts. They rather give money or gift cards.

True, a lot of people prefer money over gift. I would ask bride and groom what they wish because THEIR WISH is be fulfill is most important to me.

My husband and I have very hard time to what buy gift for ourselves, or family or friends because we don't know what buy or what they like. We already have everything in our house. We don't want my family get upset if they don't like something that we buy. We always send gift cards. They said gift cards are very excellent because they can pick anything that they really want. for me, I don't like what my family give me sometimes because they are not my type. I don't want hurt their feeling. We don't use them and left them sitting for long time in storage. That was not good. That why we use gift card most time.

Yes you and I are the same boat... *sigh* All what I do is "lie" to guests to thank them for gifts... Mainly important is I appreciate them for attend my wedding... it shows that they value their friendship with me.

For many years, I've seen my families put on birthday invitations what their children need for their birthday, whether it's money or gift, and I never seen it as being rude but helpful, because I don't know what every child wants, or what my parent wants, since I don't live with them and I don't know what they have etc and it helps me know what to buy them or if they want something so bad enough that may be a lot of money, I usually give them money so they can save it for whatever it may be...

I'm surprise people do this differently, I never seen it as being rude, :hmm:

I know whereever you go you will have this problem about what is right or wrong to do things.. I know some of my relatives prefer to give gifts to treasure for many years to come... I guess we all have to live with it... either way it's your wedding noone can judge you.. smile HANG IN THERE!!!

If you don't agree with me, you're really not agreeing with standard etiquette, not me.

You follow etiquette... I do not follow anything but my heart and do what I really want then it should be fulfilled.

Yes you and I are the same boat... *sigh* All what I do is "lie" to guests to thank them for gifts... Mainly important is I appreciate them for attend my wedding... it shows that they value their friendship with me.[/QUOTE

I'm telling on ya!!!! lol... smile of course it's okay to have a lil "white lie" it's respectable.. noone is perfect!!! hehehe you sneaky!! opps don't hit me now

I know whereever you go you will have this problem about what is right or wrong to do things.. I know some of my relatives prefer to give gifts to treasure for many years to come... I guess we all have to live with it... either way it's your wedding noone can judge you.. smile HANG IN THERE!!!

:smiling: Thanks sweetie :hug:

I understand where you're coming from Liebling, so if I were to put "collect money for a honeymoon ", instead of just putting " money " on the invitations ?

Angel, you asked if it is appropriate to ask guests for money to cover your honeymoon....my answer is I think it is not appropriate at all.

Defee - check post #54.

DD, perhaps if you could do a search on it then you will find a post somewhere that Angel and RR did mention that they wanted to go to Hawaii on their honeymoon. I could lead you to that thread but I am sure you can find it on your own.

Angel, I am very sorry if I offend you about I don't argee with Reba. I want you be happy about whatever you want to do. I would support what you want to do something. It is very important for you to be happy. I am so happy that you and RR are getting marry very soon. congrat again. :hug:

DD, perhaps if you could do a search on it then you will find a post somewhere that Angel and RR did mention that they wanted to go to Hawaii on their honeymoon. I could lead you to that thread but I am sure you can find it on your own.

OMG This is soo unbelieveable, what does THIS have to do with my thread? show me where in this thread did I say I need money for Hawaii?

Angel, I am very sorry if I offend you about I don't argee with Reba. I want you be happy about whatever you want to do. I would support what you want to do something. It is very important for you to be happy. I am so happy that you and RR are getting marry very soon. congrat again. :hug:

No you didn't do anything wrong here, Thank you!,

OMG This is soo unbelieveable, what does THIS have to do with my thread? show me where in this thread did I say I need money for Hawaii?

LOL I didn't say you asked for money for your honeymoon in the other thread but you did ask in this thread if it was appropriate to ask for money to cover your honeymoon. Some people in here knows that you and RR wanted to go to Hawaii for your honeymoon. I am sure you remember that thread.

Hey, I am not trying to be rude in here. I just gave you my honest opinion to your question that you asked in here, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back