Is Deaf Teacher at your school good?

Of course. All deaf school have same problems with CSDF and CSDR.

CSDF is full of cultural and experience influnece on the students. Many CSDF and CSDR went though easily at Gallaudet. Odd, many of them withdrew from Gallaudet because of werid weather. LOL.

One more thing.

In CSDF and everyone never did their best at STAR test. Every time I took STAR and I always randomly answer on the answer sheet and I never opened the question book. Many students did same thing for what I had done.

STAR is not great to compare with it. I could recommend you to use SAT or ACT to compare with it. They have to do their best on SAT or ACT to get in college or University. While STAR is only for the state to comapre with other states. The student's dont benifit anything from STAR.

Crazymanw00t said:
One more thing.

In CSDF and everyone never did their best at STAR test. Every time I took STAR and I always randomly answer on the answer sheet and I never opened the question book. Many students did same thing for what I had done.

When the STAR results from the CSD schools are compared to public and private schools, it is an embarrassment. There's no excuse, period.

Banjo said:
When the STAR results from the CSD schools are compared to public and private schools, it is an embarrassment. There's no excuse, period.

lol and CSD's student don't care about how it is so embarrassly. I felt good that I did like that and it make me laugh all time when i thought of what I had done with STAR. The teacher at CSD laughed with me too. It's funny.

Crazymanw00t said:
lol and CSD's student don't care about how it is so embarrassly. I felt good that I did like that and it make me laugh all time when i thought of what I had done with STAR. The teacher at CSD laughed with me too. It's funny.

Except for exit exams, class of 2006 and from on must pass exit exams to graduate. I doubt many CSD's students will pass it.

Banjo said:

I agree.

Crazymanw00t said:

Poor test results is not something to laugh at. Especially when it put a school in danger of being shut down. SAT and ACT results will not help the school at all, the STAR results probably matter to the state more than the SAT and ACT.

It's a way of testing the students, and they obviously aren't happy with the CSD schools since the students did very poorly on the tests. The teacher shouldn't even laugh at it. It put your school in a bad place.

Banjo said:
Poor test results is not something to laugh at. Especially when it put a school in danger of being shut down. SAT and ACT results will not help the school at all, the STAR results probably matter to the state more than the SAT and ACT.

It's a way of testing the students, and they obviously aren't happy with the CSD schools since the students did very poorly on the tests. The teacher shouldn't even laugh at it. It put your school in a bad place.

Yeah what can I do? Klopping have good relationship with the state so I guess CSD don't have to worry about it.

With the exit exam for CSD. I dobut that many will fail the exit exam. CSD already prepared for that exit exam. It is called High School Exit Exam (HSEE).

They can take two time with HSEE during their frosh, soph, jr, and senior with three times. They have many chances to pass it.

Crazymanw00t said:
Yeah what can I do? Klopping have good relationship with the state so I guess CSD don't have to worry about it.

If the bad results keep up... Klopping's relationship will not be able to save the school.

With the exit exam for CSD. I dobut that many will fail the exit exam. CSD already prepared for that exit exam. It is called High School Exit Exam (HSEE).

You doubt that many will fail the exit examination? I'm sorry, but it isn't just the STAR results that are embrassing, it's also the HSEE results.

According to California Department of Education...

CSDF -

In 2004, 39 students were tested on the HSEE... only 7 passed while the rest which is 32 failed. That means only 18% of the students passed while 82% failed! That's for the English-Language Arts section.

Now, 38 students were tested in the mathematics section, 13 students passed while 25 students failed. 13 is around 34% while the 25 represents 66%. Still... a very bad result.

How pathetic.

CSDR -

49 students were tested on their skills in the English-Language Arts programs, only 4 passed while 45 students failed. 45 failing students represents 92% of the 49 students that were tested!

Again, in the mathematics area... they seem to be better as it was at CSDF. But still, very poor results. In fact, it's worse than CSDF. 51 students were tested, and 16% of the students only passed while 84% failed. 16% represents around 8 students, 84% represents around 43 students.

How even more pathetic!

Yet these schools are being praised by Deaf advocates.

Don't believe me? Click here to get the results where I had found them... straight from the horse's mouth.

Banjo said:
If the bad results keep up... Klopping's relationship will not be able to save the school.

You doubt that many will fail the exit examination? I'm sorry, but it isn't just the STAR results that are embrassing, it's also the HSEE results.

CSDF -

In 2004, 39 students were tested on the HSEE... only 7 passed while the rest which is 32 failed. That means only 18% of the students passed while 82% failed! That's for the English-Language Arts section.

Now, 38 students were tested in the mathematics section, 13 students passed while 25 students failed. 13 is around 34% while the 25 represents 66%. Still... a very bad result.

How pathetic.

CSDR -

49 students were tested on their skills in the English-Language Arts programs, only 4 passed while 45 students failed. 45 failing students represents 92% of the 49 students that were tested!

Again, in the mathematics area... they seem to be better as it was at CSDF. But still, very poor results. In fact, it's worse than CSDF. 51 students were tested, and 16% of the students only passed while 84% failed. 16% represents around 8 students, 84% represents around 43 students.

How even more pathetic!

Don't believe me? Click here to get the results where I had found them... straight from the horse's mouth.

You need to look at who took those tests. Mostly of freshmans? or what grade?

BTW I am telling you this, Dr. Klopping can save CSDF for any reason. He knows his roll. You will agree with me if you work with him or know him.

my school is in Australia, near Melbourne

It's gone worse!!!!!!

Only 1 teacher qualified

One teacher knows nothing about deaf, she doesn't care about us, or give us fun things to do as school keep post us to join deaf sports, and stupid B**** puts it in the bin

3 other teacher cannot sign for S***!

All is s*** that I tell them off because they sign in ENGLISH WAY (Hearing's Fake)

And i prefer AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language)

So i never go to the deaf room when i have to, i just go to other room with 3 of my friends and do my work there, im sick of goin in deaf room,

teacher also told me must alway wear hearing aid, sometimes its not working... and i can hear without them too, and then she SMS My mother and gave me detention!

Now that my son is in this new charter school, I can finally say yes. The WHOLE school is GREAT. I couldnt say that before. Ive met alot of other teachers in the public school district. I know drug addicts who would be more proficient to my child.

It sucks!!

katt.

I know Katt....doesn't it seem like people worship and idealize public school as some Utopia for dhh students? Yeah there are advantages, but there are also huge downsides and you pratically have to be a disabilty rights lawyer to get anything beyond basic accomondations!

Only had one deaf teacher, teachers at school did not respect her because they thought she couldn't do it....I was mainstreamed in hearing school with very small deaf program, she ended up teaching elementary and middle school in Tex, now she is under Dept of Education with a ph'd degree here in D.C., I see her once in a while. She is still a great teacher to me.

Honestly, I have no problem with deaf teacher. I find she is a good teacher. She work together with hearing teacher in that school where I was attend is no problem. I still think she's a wonderful teacher. I thank her alot to give me positive.

Banjo said:

CSDF -

How pathetic.

CSDR -

How even more pathetic!

Yes. I was interned at CSDF and met some teachers. They are nice and well educated who tried to teach students on that grade levels. But, I bumped into a teacher assistant in a copy room and learned from her that simple basic math sheets were for the 5th graders who struggle to add, substract, divide, or multiply. I was like :-o . I learned how to divide, add, substract, and multiply at 2nd grade!! I wonder how they teach Deaf students in simply way. That's what I wonder. I've noticed that West Coastans take tiime learning whereas East Coastans tend to learn too fast and keep going until they complete their school years. Keep in mind, I consider that Deaf Education in Las Vegas is the worst one. FYI. Several Deaf kids tend to drop out of high schools or can not write like hearing people do. It is quite shocking to me.

Ironically, I graduated from mainstreamed high school in Ohio. That school received several excellent achievement awards, but Deaf education was not that great at that time, most of Deaf kids from my school flocked to NTID/RIT and graduated with AOS, AA, BS, and MS, even one student went to get PhD. Some students went to various universities even Oxford University in England...YES... OXFORD. Only few of us attended Gallaudet, but I don't see anyone from my school graduated from Gallaudet.. How odd.

Ive met alot of other teachers in the public school district. I know drug addicts who would be more proficient to my child.
AMEN!!!! What those mainstream advocates don't get is that most public school teachers have little to no training in educating kids with classic disabilties. Most of their sped training is focused on educating kids with learning issues and they only get a token amount of instruction on how to teach kids like us. God, no wonder I got such a crappy education......I was lumped in with the stupid slacker types who are all "Ummm...who's President Bush?" .....a kid with a classic disabilty isn't going to thrive under those conditions. If and when I have kids, they are NOT going to be mainstreamed unless conditions in the local public schools are wicked good! .....hmmmm ever notice that some of the really high achiver AG Bell types tend to go to private schools? I wonder how much of that is b/c their parents were disillusioned by public education. I would LOVE, love love to do a demographic profile of the membership of AG Bell!

Yes, they can use Deaf teacher if you want to. It help what you dream about true that you want a teacher. Then go college get A.A degree or Master for college teacher if you want to. No problem! We don't care who deaf teacher and hearing teacher too. Deaf kids like you! Kids like me when i went to Camp Son Sign for V.B.S mean Vacation Bible Study, I teach them kids.

Oddball said:
Yes. I was interned at CSDF and met some teachers. They are nice and well educated who tried to teach students on that grade levels. But, I bumped into a teacher assistant in a copy room and learned from her that simple basic math sheets were for the 5th graders who struggle to add, substract, divide, or multiply. I was like :-o . I learned how to divide, add, substract, and multiply at 2nd grade!!

Your post made CSDF looks bad. Remember that the CSDF have different level for each classrooms. Some classrooms are on the same standard as their grade level. Some other classrooms are behind with their grade level. Some classrooms are ahead with their grade level. It is normal and it applies to all schools. Maybe you went to the special-need copyroom and you discovered those thing.

Honestly, many deaf ppl in East Coast really don't have common sense or the independent-living skill. That is what I met so far at the East Coast. I would rather to have common sense and independent-living skill than to be a very educated person without those skills.

Crazymanw00t said:
Your post made CSDF looks bad. Remember that the CSDF have different level for each classrooms. Some classrooms are on the same standard as their grade level. Some other classrooms are behind with their grade level. Some classrooms are ahead with their grade level. It is normal and it applies to all schools. Maybe you went to the special-need copyroom and you discovered those thing.

Honestly, many deaf ppl in East Coast really don't have common sense or the independent-living skill. That is what I met so far at the East Coast. I would rather to have common sense and independent-living skill than to be a very educated person without those skills.
as a parent myself... Many parents are looking for a well-educated school.... so.. i'm doing the same thing.. i'm looking for schools that are having a good history of good graduation in reading, english, math records... each school provides information in their testing historys of their previous students in past 5 years.

to be honest. i'm looking for a best educated school with a good record of graduation with few drop-outs. good testing standards. the town where i'm living right now.. is in the below state average in both reading and math. so now i'm concern about this.. and i'm now looking for a place to live thats better than the states average.

also.. schools.. is also similiar to "business" type thingy.... each schools earn whatever amount of money from government for per student .. for example if a school have 1,000 students and this state pays $5,000 per students per year. it means this school earns $5 million a year. enough to pay teachers, supplies, etc..etc..

so.. having parents looking for a better school.. that school gets more money because more students... and its a fact.. there's several schools around US are CLOSING because there's not enough students or because of its poor quality of education.. having not enough students lead to having not enough money to pay the teachers, supplies, etcetc... its just similar to going out of business.. business is about luring ur customers

therefore, CSDF, CSDR should consdier this seriously.. otherwise parents view this bad... and take their kid to another school with better DHH education.

Back