Is Deaf Teacher at your school good?

Chajukin

Reaction score
Were your deaf teachers good?

Mine are absolute s**t only one teacher who work 1 day a week is a full interpreter, the other 2 who work 5 day a week ain't qualified and cant sign.

2 of my deaf teacher from the junior school got sacked by the department and they were very good signing teachers with qualifications.

the bloody department is a disgrace!

Chajukin said:
Were your deaf teachers good?

Mine are absolute s**t only one teacher who work 1 day a week is a full interpreter, the other 2 who work 5 day a week ain't qualified and cant sign.

2 of my deaf teacher from the junior school got sacked by the department and they were very good signing teachers with qualifications.

the bloody department is a disgrace!
Eh, that ain't good. Which school is that?

You mean teacher of the Deaf? I never had a TOD, ever, not even when I was in Special Needs preschool. I know what a TOD in a program would do, and what a TOD at a deaf school would do, but what does an itinerent TOD do?
I think maybe the school thought that I didn't need a TOD, since my spoken language is pretty good (even for a hearing person!) and I didn't really seem like a typical deaf person (for example my verbal IQ is higher then my nonverbal. Most dhh people have high nonverbal IQs and low verbal IQs)

Had deafie combinatorics tutor, cobol and yoga teachers.

Richard

Well, last year I attended a oral program for deaf kids. The teachers were bad. They expected less of us, and treated us with no respect at all. Sometimes they would talk in front of us and think we couldn't hear them, but we all read lips! I didn't like the student teachers either. I hated it so much, I left and I now attend a regular school.

I haven't attended any deaf place for a while now, but I can certainly share my expernices of NDSD, aka North Dakota School for the deaf.

Man, that place was total hell for me. Granted, not all of the teachers were bad, but many of them had an gerenal bad attudite towards me.... mainly because of the way I dressed and thought.

I was always a little more different than most of them would had liked, not to metion I.... *gasp* thought for myself and didn't rely on anybody! oh no, the horror.. *rolls eyes*

Basically there was a lot of teachers that was umm.... let me put this way. VERY Religous was what they were. and They even had an priest that knew sign langue that came over for assembly progams many times and every wednesday night all the little kids had no choice but to be dragged to church so that the same priest could preach to us.

Not only was it boring, it was also this way that they brainwashed little kids to teenagers to have ingorant thoughts and the like.
You have no idea how many times many people told me that I was gonna "Go to hell" just because I wore black and or other dark colors nearly everyday and thought for myself rather than having others tell me what to think, etc. In fact, I was a total sinning heathen in thier eyes. Espeically snice they couldn't fully convice me that going to boring church was a good thing, and were somewhat imidiated by the fact that snice I was like 7 years old or possbily younger, that I would often write about dark and moody things...

I've always been an true goth my whole life, and many times I would get bullied for it and such. And the teachers would turn thier back every time the older kids like the ones that was in high school, who would be so brainwashed by the teachers and the eduction system in gerenal, to think the same way as everyone else Aka clones, would hassle and pick on anybody who even dared to be at least a little bit unique.

I swear, it was like the kids in high schools were all imiations of the teachers that taught at NDSD for years... I kid you not.

And the Dorm caretakers were even more worse. There was this one bitch named Sheri that I hated with an passion.... she was always red-faced no matter what, and she was ugly as hell to. She also had a very bad personality, as seeing she was always looking for an excuse to get me into trouble.... and also for any excuse to go snooping into my room.
She even made up some stupid excuses on why I couldn't have certain things even though the other kids had worse things that they were allowed to keep. And most of all.... she actually stole things from me and I never got some of my things back at all.
Not only did she hassle me endless, she was an thief of my things... I've had to hide my vauables that I needed badly in many places thanks to that.

And the final straw? Many times she would also come and look at me showering when I was taking a shower in my bathroom. If it wasn't bad enough that I get hassled, my things stolen I have to be creeped out by some ugly female pervert?

Deaf Teacher didn't have enuff qualify to get Master Degree... Deaf can't read and write! :thumbd:

Emerica said:
Deaf Teacher didn't have enuff qualify to get Master Degree... Deaf can't read and write! :thumbd:

...Eh? Is that an overgeneralization, Emerica? And there are several deaf professors who do possess a MA degree, even a PH.D degree. So don't bleed over your assumption (which is sadly mistook) onto all other deaf professors. After all, I am certain you haven't met every deaf professor in the nation!

I know for sure that there is a deaf professor teaching ASL that is graduating from Columbia University. So there. An illiterate deaf in Columbia University? I don't think so.

Sailor Aurora said:
I haven't attended any deaf place for a while now, but I can certainly share my expernices of NDSD, aka North Dakota School for the deaf.

Man, that place was total hell for me. Granted, not all of the teachers were bad, but many of them had an gerenal bad attudite towards me.... mainly because of the way I dressed and thought.

I was always a little more different than most of them would had liked, not to metion I.... *gasp* thought for myself and didn't rely on anybody! oh no, the horror.. *rolls eyes*

Basically there was a lot of teachers that was umm.... let me put this way. VERY Religous was what they were. and They even had an priest that knew sign langue that came over for assembly progams many times and every wednesday night all the little kids had no choice but to be dragged to church so that the same priest could preach to us.

Not only was it boring, it was also this way that they brainwashed little kids to teenagers to have ingorant thoughts and the like.
You have no idea how many times many people told me that I was gonna "Go to hell" just because I wore black and or other dark colors nearly everyday and thought for myself rather than having others tell me what to think, etc. In fact, I was a total sinning heathen in thier eyes. Espeically snice they couldn't fully convice me that going to boring church was a good thing, and were somewhat imidiated by the fact that snice I was like 7 years old or possbily younger, that I would often write about dark and moody things...

I've always been an true goth my whole life, and many times I would get bullied for it and such. And the teachers would turn thier back every time the older kids like the ones that was in high school, who would be so brainwashed by the teachers and the eduction system in gerenal, to think the same way as everyone else Aka clones, would hassle and pick on anybody who even dared to be at least a little bit unique.

I swear, it was like the kids in high schools were all imiations of the teachers that taught at NDSD for years... I kid you not.

And the Dorm caretakers were even more worse. There was this one bitch named Sheri that I hated with an passion.... she was always red-faced no matter what, and she was ugly as hell to. She also had a very bad personality, as seeing she was always looking for an excuse to get me into trouble.... and also for any excuse to go snooping into my room.
She even made up some stupid excuses on why I couldn't have certain things even though the other kids had worse things that they were allowed to keep. And most of all.... she actually stole things from me and I never got some of my things back at all.
Not only did she hassle me endless, she was an thief of my things... I've had to hide my vauables that I needed badly in many places thanks to that.

And the final straw? Many times she would also come and look at me showering when I was taking a shower in my bathroom. If it wasn't bad enough that I get hassled, my things stolen I have to be creeped out by some ugly female pervert?

That is what, my son went through like you. As long as he is very good student and wore black clothes. He is very happy for who he is.

When a person see a kid wore a black clothes, wear dog collar, pale face, dark black hair, leather long boots, etc.. They are perspective them as bad kid but it was not true. They like their style clothes. I am not worried about how they look. Important, they have good grades and not involve any crime or drugs.

They will be out growing. They may wear casual clothes as comfortable. Most of companies would not hire people who wear black clothes as gothic. Important not show any tatoo on your body or piece of earings. I know, it is very frustrated for my son to apply several jobs due to how he looks.

Emerica said:

Err....you are reading and writing at the very same time you are saying that Deaf cant read and write. What is up with that?

I have many friends who are Deaf Teacherswith masters and they are brilliant.

Emerica said:
Kinda cruel and ignorant really to say that.............uncalled for!

Yeah, I have a friend who is Deaf (graduated from res school, went to Gally and only Signs) and she was smart enough to get a Master's!!!!

well, i'm a senior at eleanor roosevelt high school. I have a teacher who is deaf. she's teaching for hearing resource class. she's a splendid teacher.

she is a great chographer(sp?) also. I've been in ER Dance Company for four years. :dance:

Go to California School for the Deaf, Fremont. You won't regret that you went to this school after you graduated from it. I went there and graduated on June 2004. Every staffs on California School for the Deaf Fremont (CSDF) signs ASL as good signer. Teachers at CSDF signs ASL very great!

CSDF is everything in one. For example, it influences every student with various cultures and information with experiences. It is a best school around deaf school, really. It have very strong VOC program. Class of 2004 with 43 students- 90% graduated students went to college or university and 10%-graduated students went to straight to work. Interesting fact, 14 students from class of 2004 at CSDF went to Gallaudet University!

I don't meant to brag but something that you need to know about it.

i have been receiving deaf education teacher from 1997-2004 and she was very mean to me. I decided to stop deaf education last year because I was ready to work on my own with less special education services (I know it's hard because I am deaf, but I am doing well and advocating for myself) so I can able to learn tough stuff in my own way. My deaf education teacher used to give me extra work when I have no homework so I decided to start working on my own last year.

my asl teacher is the absolute best. i dont think i would even remotely consider having a hearing teacher for ASL

Crazymanw00t said:
Go to California School for the Deaf, Fremont. You won't regret that you went to this school after you graduated from it. I went there and graduated on June 2004. Every staffs on California School for the Deaf Fremont (CSDF) signs ASL as good signer. Teachers at CSDF signs ASL very great!

CSDF is everything in one. For example, it influences every student with various cultures and information with experiences. It is a best school around deaf school, really. It have very strong VOC program. Class of 2004 with 43 students- 90% graduated students went to college or university and 10%-graduated students went to straight to work. Interesting fact, 14 students from class of 2004 at CSDF went to Gallaudet University!

I don't meant to brag but something that you need to know about it.

The only problem with CDSF is the fact that the students are pretty... well... under-educated. I'll have the proof shortly.

Moderators, delete this one. I'll post the reports shortly, some things got mixed up.

Last edited:
Now... here's the TWO reports.

One is on CSDF and one is on CSDR. From what I've seen in these two reports, it's either that the students are mentally challenged or neglected by the teachers.

The students are far, far below basic or average. Not something to be proud of, changes are needed. Bi-Bi education is a failure, it doesn't work. The school I used to attend use it, and students aren't doing any better, in fact I believe they are doing worse.

Attachments

• CSDF.pdf
    45.7 KB · Views: 24
  • CSDR.pdf
    45.1 KB · Views: 16
Back