Is Animal welcome to house of GOD?

I believe the House of God should be open to all kinds of life beings that walk on the face of earth. God created all creatures, didn't He? So, I reckon it should be allowed for animals to set foot on the sacred floor and roof of the church.

Soul to Soul... human and animals too...

I've seen ghost stuff in the website.. some of pets are incl... ghost too.

Deaf Reaper said:
God doesn't exist, silly.
How do you know? It is impossible to prove a negative.

The same reasoning applies to this:
How do you know i don't have a hundred dollar bill in my pocket? :laugh2:

kuifje75 said:
Actually, the Catholic Church does welcome animals on few days, like Day of Saint Francis of Assissi (sp.), the patron saint of animals.

Isn't that in Italy?? I traveled to Assissi for a day before I arrived to Florence.

Well, Saint Francis of Assisi was a human being with a soul and was canonized for what he did during his earthly life. Its a popular opinion that animals below Man do not possesses souls; therefore, not attainable to God; moreover, animals below Man cannot reason....so, I guess, by deduction, one can say that all animals below Man cannot attain salvation.......no????

Tousi said:
Well, Saint Francis of Assisi was a human being with a soul and was canonized for what he did during his earthly life. Its a popular opinion that animals below Man do not possesses souls; therefore, not attainable to God; moreover, animals below Man cannot reason....so, I guess, by deduction, one can say that all animals below Man cannot attain salvation.......no????

Very good, Tousi. :smash: This type of thinking shares the same reasoning of racism. "Some are better than others, just because."

Real good, Heretic....I purposely made a distinction between man and animals and you saunter in and drop an "akin to racism type" thinking. Why don't you make like a turd and go lay on the front yard?

Tousi said:
Real good, Heretic....I purposely made a distinction between man and animals and you saunter in and drop an "akin to racism type" thinking. Why don't you make like a turd and go lay on the front yard?
My my! Well, color me unsurprised with this little emotional outburst of yours.

:sure:

If we make a distinction between man and the animals, we are justifying speciesism, the belief that one type of animal is superior to another animal. That is parallel to racism, the belief that one race is superior to another race. There, i said it in plain words.

In animal ethics, the belief that man has rightful dominion over the animals is speciesism, and should be condemned. Peter Singer is the most famous expert on this issue.

Feel free to misunderstand me, but do yourself a favor: think before you post next time, genius. Please.

Last edited:
The Heretic said:
My my! Well, color me unsurprised with this little emotional outburst of yours.

:sure:

If we make a distinction between man and the animals, we are justifying speciesism, the belief that one type of animal is superior to another animal. That is parallel to racism, the belief that one race is superior to another race. There, i said it in plain words.

In animal ethics, the belief that man has rightful dominion over the animals is speciesism, and should be condemned. Peter Singer is the most famous expert on this issue.

Feel free to misunderstand me, but do yourself a favor: think before you post next time, genius. Please.

A question for you: is there a fine definition on where consciousness begins in the animal kingdom? Sure, human has consciousness and it is likely that dogs share the same attribution. Is there a relationship between being conscious and have a soul?

kalboy said:
A question for you: is there a fine definition on where consciousness begins in the animal kingdom? Sure, human has consciousness and it is likely that dogs share the same attribution. Is there a relationship between being conscious and have a soul?
Consciousness is an ethereal, ephemeral concept where you won't find solid empirical evidence for, since it is strictly a first-person concept.

Private experience is not evidence, because the brain re-interprets the incoming data. Evidence is available to everyone, while private experience is limited to the individuals themselves. In other words, scientific investigation is limited to 3rd person concepts, and that rules out consciousness. So the only avenue i see in analyzing consciousness is philosophy or a conceptual framework that utilizes different methods than the 3rd person approach of science.

We have made distinctions between the supposed conscious states of animals and man by attaching "self" consciousness. There are indirect tests in which we can speculate on the state of consciousness in animals - for example we use mirrors with animals of higher level intelligence. If they recognize that the image in the mirror are themselves, then it stands to reason that they have a more sophisticated model of consciousness, a greater sense of self-awareness than those who think the image is someone else. But this is not direct empirical data.

There is no fine distinction on consciousness because we have no access to the first-person status of any animal. Thomas Nagel is famous for this point - he wrote a great short paper on "What is it like to be a bat?"

As for the term 'soul,' it is a religious supposition, an inherited concept from our past that has no place in science or modern philosophy.

Last edited:
Well, dear Unsurprised, if its speciesism(and I say only as it relates to Man and the animals below him lest you bring up the race card again) is what you say I advocate, then tuff shit for you, eh cuz that's what the vast majority of the planet believes in and all of us will be long dead before the realization by Man that this kind of thinking/activity should be condemned, it it ever is. You got a long walk ahead of you, man. Enjoy it and don't forget to get off the highway once in a while and partake in what the by-ways in life have to offer---ya know, just to spice up your lil impirical life. By the way, what is someone like yourself doing in a place like this?

There's always the Rainbow Bridge for animals. I leave it up to the animals wherever they choose to go after death. Hopefully they find someplace wonderful even if it's not the humans' version of Heaven.

Pweety pwease explain to me why the doggies walk the humans and the humans pick up the doggies' poo-poos? I'd say the doggies are far more superior than the human beings because we lavish all kinds of things on the doggies and what do they do for us in return.. poo-poo!! :twisted:

I would not be so sure to believe that the popular opinion on this planet would be that the humans are superior to animals. For instance, in India, they worship cows and try not to kill animals because they believe that some of their past relatives might be reincarnated into animals. The American Indians, I think, did not believe in dominance of anything, but rather of being a part of the world and would only kill animals whenever it was necessary. In Shinotism, man is a part of the nature, and everything is equal in nature, if I understood it right.

There are like 1 billion in India and China, so be careful to assume a majority opinion.

Interesting topic, I always wondered about this myself.
So, I decided to check it out.
I found this:
Peace will pervade even the animal kingdom. It's in the Bible, Isaiah 65:25, NIV. "The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy in all My holy mountain."
So I guess they do go to heaven. :fruit:

I'm not sure if animals go to Heaven or not, but I do believe that animals have souls. The soul is where your emotions and personality are, and what makes you you. Animals do have personailites and emotions, they have a soul. I do believe that there will be dogs and cats in Heaven, I gotta have me a cat when I get to Heaven! :) But I'm not sure if they are animals that had lived here or just animals made in Heaven. :)

And yeah, I like the movie All Dogs Go to Heaven, so cute :fruit:

Ginette said:
Interesting topic, I always wondered about this myself.
So, I decided to check it out.
I found this:
Peace will pervade even the animal kingdom. It's in the Bible, Isaiah 65:25, NIV. "The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy in all My holy mountain."
So I guess they do go to heaven. :fruit:

Wow cool! And if normally dangerous animals will go to Heaven, then they will be peaceful there, so I can add a pet Lion to my list of pets to have there. LOL! :)

Back