Irony of ironies, Gore's hometown Nashville Breaks 1877 Cold Temp Record...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a big if. New and growing forest are CO2 neutral due to composition and fallen branches etc, so not much aid there. It's some claims that forests can consume more CO2 than it pours out, but then it have to be old-growth forest, something that we are chopping down at a incredible fast rate.

I agree that CO and hydrocarbons contribute to our problems!

dammit.... you almost got it right. tsk......

we did that many times. ever heard of underground nuclear bomb testing? we're still fine :dunno:

Yeah, it's not possible to blow up the earth. However, Netrox asked a good question, where people was polluted to death, and your responded on the semantics, not the content. If you want to discuss more than dull semantics, just tell me and I will explain what "destroy the earth" can mean from different perspectives.

Yeah, it's not possible to blow up the earth. However, Netrox asked a good question, where people was polluted to death, and your responded on the semantics, not the content. If you want to discuss more than dull semantics, just tell me and I will explain what "destroy the earth" can mean from different perspectives.

see my post #170. I said we can kill ourselves as in wiping the humanity off from Earth but we cannot destroy Earth. netrox replied back with "Oh we CAN. Trust me" in his post #172

The content was pretty clear

we don't, silly. we can only kill ourselves but not the world.

It is possible.

No. The sun is currently not expanding. For it to expand means that the sun's fuel is being spent. And it would also mean that the sun would be cooling as well.

Sun has been expanding for millions and billions of years, that is one of those how the Earth was create. The Sun was used to be part of other star and it evoluted since other star changed into an nebula and collasped. It does not expand that fast, but very slow. Someday the Earth will be shallow into the Sun. Even though if the Sun is getting cooler, it would be always HOT that the life couldn't surivive, there are no elements in the Sun that are cool, only those hot bombing gas all over on the Sun and would always be hot. Each time, the Sun grows, the more hotter climate we got in the Earth. It is not really fast, though.

CO2 does not weaken the ozone. It's has no role in the weakening of the ozone layer. Read more about the ozone in the stratosphere.
Ozone Depletion Home | Ozone Depletion | US EPA

If that was true that CO2 does not weaken the ozone, then why did we wanted to reduce the CO2 so badly? To save the Earth, right?

Common sense..

Heat waves do not cause climate change. Rather it's the claim that global warming or increasing CO2 concentration is causing more heat waves. But that's bogus thing, too.

Kokonut, the heat waves comes from the Sun. The Earth is just like a greenhouse that keep the heatwaves inside, but if we got too much of heat waves, it will be dangerous for the Earth.

Ever tried entering the greenhouse with outside cold weather before? It's warm!

If that was true that CO2 does not weaken the ozone, then why did we wanted to reduce the CO2 so badly? To save the Earth, right?

correction - to save the humanity. Earth does not care about its CO2 level. The life continues regardless of its CO2 level in Earth.

correction - to save the humanity. Earth does not care about its CO2 level. The life continues regardless of its CO2 level in Earth.

If we want to stay living, we must save the Earth, not just us. We are part of the Earth. We breate Earth's atmosphere, we drink Earth's liquid, we eat Earth's stuff. We need Earth.

If we want to stay living, we must save the Earth, not just us. We are part of the Earth. We breate Earth's atmosphere, we drink Earth's liquid, we eat Earth's stuff. We need Earth.

if we want to stay living, we must protect our own environment and we are already doing that with environmental laws. Earth does not care about us either. Nature's that cruel. that's why the dinosaurs were gone :)

if we want to stay living, we must protect our own environment and we are already doing that with environmental laws. Earth does not care about us either. Nature's that cruel. that's why the dinosaurs were gone :)

Enviroment is the Earth. We have to learn how to deal with the Earth so we can live on the Earth. Also, my opinion if the Earth care about us or not, well the Earth is not human, it is just a planet that we can live on. Imagine if we live in Jupiter? That would be far out the worst than how we can live in the Earth. Earth gave us what we need and we have to respect the Earth.

*Edit* Dinosaurs are not smart as we are. We are very more advance than the Dinosaurs, and we are probably only species that ever made it outside the Earth. Dinosaur will not, and never will be able to do that.

Enviroment is the Earth. We have to learn how to deal with the Earth so we can live on the Earth. Also, my opinion if the Earth care about us or not, well the Earth is not human, it is just a planet that we can live on. Imagine if we live in Jupiter? That would be far out the worst than how we can live in the Earth. Earth gave us what we need and we have to respect the Earth.

*Edit* Dinosaurs are not smart as we are. We are very more advance than the Dinosaurs, and we are probably only species that ever made it outside the Earth. Dinosaur will not, and never will be able to do that.

I agree with you, and find this viewpoint a constructive one. I sometimes wonder if we are a part of the Earth, not humankind versus Earth. Like all lifeforms and components on the earth is one. Threating the earth like it's careless and cruel will not get us far, though I can understand that perspective in some situations.

The environment in Earth changes all the time and it's still changing. The environment in past was suitable for dinosaurs. The environment now is suitable for humans. The environment in future will be suitable for other living things. Time changes. So does the environment in Earth. The Earth is here for as long as it can until supernova occurs.

It does not matter if dinosaurs have or have not made it to space. It is irrelevant to a measure of intelligence. What matters is the survivability. It's just a matter of time till the humanity ceases to exist just like any other extincted species. :cool2:

I agree with you, and find this viewpoint a constructive one. I sometimes wonder if we are a part of the Earth, not humankind versus Earth. Like all lifeforms and components on the earth is one. Threating the earth like it's careless and cruel will not get us far, though I can understand that perspective in some situations.

of course we are part of Earth and it's always humankind vs Earth. The species including us are always at mercy of Mother Nature. That's why some species have gone extinct and some continues to survive. As said in my previous post - it's just matter of time till the humanity ceases to exist.

The environment in Earth changes all the time and it's still changing. The environment in past was suitable for dinosaurs. The environment now is suitable for humans. The environment in future will be suitable for other living things. Time changes. So does the environment in Earth. The Earth is here for as long as it can until supernova occurs.

It does not matter if dinosaurs have or have not made it to space. It is irrelevant to a measure of intelligence. What matters is the survivability. It's just a matter of time till the humanity ceases to exist just like any other extincted species. :cool2:

We can't garauntee that the human would ever been extinct. We are that smart to make a plan to explore and inhabiting outside of the Earth, we evenually researched on our dieases and the ways to prevent it, and many others, which we don't find in the dinosaur's world. We, the human, are very unique specie of the world.

of course we are part of Earth and it's always humankind vs Earth. The species including us are always at mercy of Mother Nature. That's why some species have gone extinct and some continues to survive. As said in my previous post - it's just matter of time till the humanity ceases to exist.

I don't mean to bring the religion beliefs up, but it is not really species vs. Earth system, but how Earth can create us and how we can depend on ourselves.

We can't garauntee that the human would ever been extinct. We are that smart to make a plan to explore and inhabiting outside of the Earth, we evenually researched on our dieases and the ways to prevent it, and many others, which we don't find in the dinosaur's world. We, the human, are very unique specie of the world.

I don't mean to bring the religion beliefs up, but it is not really species vs. Earth system, but how Earth can create us and how we can depend on ourselves.

I understand both views, but must say I feel most home in this one. We are past the modernism, where it was us against Earth system. The thinking you present is more up to date, and why it's more accepted to belive it's life other places in the universe, and some of them have learned to travel in space, and we perhaps will do someday.

I understand both views, but must say I feel most home in this one. We are past the modernism, where it was us against Earth system. The thinking you present is more up to date, and why it's more accepted to belive it's life other places in the universe, and some of them have learned to travel in space, and we perhaps will do someday.

Someday we will do :)

It's pretty easy yeah. Just drill deep holes and drop some nuclear bombs into them! Biggest firework the world ever will see, but first we need to build more bombs:)

It'd be awesome but terrifying to see such a big display of firework if your nuclear bombs go off all at once. Awesome for the fireworks but terrifying because it's going to have a profound impact on all of humankind.

I've always wanted to kill a bunch of players (on a scale of hundreds) on WoW on my warlock with bombs; there is no way you can commit mass murder via bombs on WoW right now. It's a good thing game isn't rl. :P

It is possible.

Sun has been expanding for millions and billions of years, that is one of those how the Earth was create. The Sun was used to be part of other star and it evoluted since other star changed into an nebula and collasped. Our sun is a star. We call it "the sun" in order to make clear which star we're talking about. Again, sun = star. It does not expand that fast, but very slow. Someday the Earth will be shallow into the Sun. Even though if the Sun is getting cooler, it would be always HOT that the life couldn't surivive, there are no elements in the Sun that are cool, only those hot bombing gas all over on the Sun and would always be hot. Each time, the Sun grows, the more hotter climate we got in the Earth. [/COLOR][/B] It is not really fast, though.

If that was true that CO2 does not weaken the ozone, then why did we wanted to reduce the CO2 so badly? To save the Earth, right? It has nothing to do with Ozone. A completely different chemical reaction. CO2 play no role in the chemical reaction in the ozone layer.

Common sense.. No...not common sense but rather highly misinformed on your part. Please take a moment to learn how the ozone works in the stratosphere.
Ozone Hole Watch: What is Ozone?

Kokonut, the heat waves comes from the Sun. The Earth is just like a greenhouse that keep the heatwaves inside, but if we got too much of heat waves, it will be dangerous for the Earth.

Ever tried entering the greenhouse with outside cold weather before? It's warm!

Coolest July 21 recorded in Nashville as cool wave continues in Tenn. - WHNT

Also, related news. The Next Ice Age Now reported that there were record low temperatures recorded in 31 states this month. 256 new record low temperatures were either set or tied nationally.
Record low temperatures in 21 states

And parts of Michigan are up to 7 degrees below the previous record!

Blame the sun! It's energy output is reaching its solar minimum in it's solar cycle on energy output (i.e. the number of sunspots).
http://solarscience.auditblogs.com/2009/07/17/this-quiet-sun/
Sun Entering Weakest Cycle Since 1928 - US News and World Report
SPACE.com -- Sun's Strange Lull Explained
SPACE.com -- The Sun Has Spots, Finally

Are we going see very cold and early winters over the next few years or so?

heard new England will have more snow and icy storm this coming wintertime. I really hate to drive into the snow. Scary !

Once again, you distort numbers to argue that CO2 is totally safe - and you fail.

You argued that CO2 is only .5% of the air we breath therefore since it's so small, it has to be safe. WRONG! Not so. Please show us reports that humans have died from 5000 ppm CO2 exposure or have gone to hospitals because of it.
Then you acknowledge that carbon monoxide is dangerous and can kill you. At what concentration is required to harm a person? Only 667 ppm. That means only .06% in the air can cause serious harm. OSHA limits exposure to 50 ppm. Yes, but CO2 does not have that same potency, so therein lies the problem.
Stop playing with numbers. Just because it sounds so small doesn't make it "safe." Every molecule has its own potency and each has a different effect on humans. Correct, again, CO2 is not that potent since it just takes up the volume space of air with increasing concentration. Put a block of dry ice in a large walk in freezer and you'll be dead before long in that confined space. Asphyxiation.
Smoking RARELY causes immediate death. Even nicotine doesn't kill you immediately. It's the long term smoking that will eventually kill you. Just because it doesn't produce death immediately doesn't make it safe.
Remember the analogy about how humans are able to adapt in a low oxygen environment? Unless you are saying that humans would unable to adapt to higher CO2 concentration.
You have the tendency to overlook the significance of "trace" amounts of chemicals and that's very dangerous.
Again, we're talking about CO2. It's not that potent compared to other more dangerous compounds. Even pure Oxygen can kill you. If that were the case then I'm sure EPA would have by now banned workers from working in greenhouses because the CO2 concentration is much higher inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back