Irony of ironies, Gore's hometown Nashville Breaks 1877 Cold Temp Record...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he is arguing is telling enough. Some background in science, like you and I got is perhaps needed to spot some of the red flags, though some of the techniques I have seen here don't have much with science to do.

The link you provided in post 484 was very good, thanks! :lol: Followed the content and discovered a new term to me, "denial industry". It's interesting how the denial industry is using the same terms and way of arguing they did in tobaacco lobbying, in lobbying aginst global warming policies. The same denial techniques is used against evolution and holocaust according to some posters on the link you provided. Heartland Institute was also mentioned on an article about denial industry.

The antarctic ozone layer is improving greatly at the moment, and hopefully, the thinning problem will be gone soon. CO2 have some impact on the ozone layer, but is not considered a big threat, if a threat at all. Scientist did lab tests on ozone in the eighties and nineties, and discovered what chemicals ruined the ozone layer. Those chemicals was banned worldwide in the nineties for industry use. Due to winds, geography and how the earth transport atmosphere, the arctic ozone layer wasn't hit by those gases, like the antarctic ozone layer.

Interesting image of chain of arguing.

pseudoscientific%2Bmethod.gif

Image of how deniers go through stages to publish arguments, with many boxes with text and arrows.

oh? the extent of your experience & knowledge in this issue is questionable :hmm:

Mod Note:

Allright, while this thread has an interesting long debates, but lately some posts has swayed left and right and the fingerpointing, bickerings that really needs to end.

With that, this thread is closed for the time being to allow a cool down period and to give this thread a rest.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back