Ironies you have experienced...

A Nihilist

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I just got passed by a speeding Prius while driving my guzzler Crown Vic.

Any good irony stories out there?

I've left many cars in the dust with my Lincoln Continental V8....:giggle:....:hmm:...haven't tried it with a police cruiser tho'....

Yeah, I have one. Rode the same train twice in one day, and I mean I can remember the car numbers on the train, and I'll know if I rode it that morning or not, and yep, sure enough, it was the exact same one. Ironic, huh?

Just observed one, I'm at the gym and notice two women take a very brisk walk on the treadmill and stopping for long periods of time to converse. After I finish my set, I head to the locker room and as I pass by the beverage rroom they are consuming these high calorie berry smoothies! :crazy:

Um I don't see how this is ironic. Why did you ride the train twice?

Ah. Forgot to mention that part. The morning trip was a southbound trip, and the later trip was a northbound. The odds of boarding the exact same train twice in one day is one in a million. That almost never happens, and if it does, it's almost unheard of.

That almost never happens, and if it does, it's almost unheard of.

Ah I got it, well that's sort of ironic. What I mean by ironic is in the following:

irony - definition and examples - figures of speech
Examples of Irony
Irony - Definition and Examples | Literary Devices

So in your train example, a better example of irony would be that you wanted to board on the last train so that would be the least crowded and thus safer. But you end up getting surrounded by gang members.

Ah I got it, well that's sort of ironic. What I mean by ironic is in the following:

irony - definition and examples - figures of speech
Examples of Irony
Irony - Definition and Examples | Literary Devices

So in your train example, a better example of irony would be that you wanted to board on the last train so that would be the least crowded and thus safer. But you end up getting surrounded by gang members.

That would be more appropriate for the CTA rails, which, by the way, I stopped riding because of armed robberies and all that. I'll take the Metra any day than get my ass kicked and get robbed.

By that definition of irony, when I went specifically to my local rescue to adopt a baby Shih Tzu, I ended up instead with a 5 year old deaf Pekingese.

Lo these many years later, he is the best dog I ever had, and the darling of everyone in our family, canine and human alike.

Just observed one, I'm at the gym and notice two women take a very brisk walk on the treadmill and stopping for long periods of time to converse. After I finish my set, I head to the locker room and as I pass by the beverage rroom they are consuming these high calorie berry smoothies! :crazy:

:laugh2: That's like my friends sister... She's.... chunky... to say the least... :ugh: She's now... "trying" to lose weight... By trying... I mean... she's saying she's going to lose weight. So, she starts off by eating a Snickers bar and then walking for ten minutes. *facepalm* Yes, those 800 calories you just ingested are working their way STRAIGHT for your stomach and butt as you burn off 10 of them on your little 10 minute walk! *facepalm* Then she complains she isn't losing weight.... WHY PEOPLE WHY!?! I'm going to knock myself unconscious facepalming myself so much and so hard! :shock:

...But you end up getting surrounded by gang members.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:laugh2: That's like my friends sister... She's.... chunky... to say the least... :ugh: She's now... "trying" to lose weight... By trying... I mean... she's saying she's going to lose weight. So, she starts off by eating a Snickers bar and then walking for ten minutes. *facepalm* Yes, those 800 calories you just ingested are working their way STRAIGHT for your stomach and butt as you burn off 10 of them on your little 10 minute walk! *facepalm* Then she complains she isn't losing weight.... WHY PEOPLE WHY!?! I'm going to knock myself unconscious facepalming myself so much and so hard! :shock:

OOMG that's so bad, we're lierally watching them fail! Sad, but it's SO obvious... UGH! :laugh2::laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

OOMG that's so bad, we're lierally watching them fail! Sad, but it's SO obvious... UGH! :laugh2::laugh2:

It's okay, I'll just sit here with my water bottle laughing it up.... :D She can sit there drinking a Mountain Dew when she's thirsty and a Snickers before she walks 10 minutes.... whatever motivates her to think she's doing it.... She's going to be one of those 10's of thousands of people that fall into that diet scheme where they buy every pill on the market available that promises it will make them lose rapid amounts of weight with no diet change or exorcise. :roll: MIRACLES I SAY MIRACLES! Actually, Topamax man.... I'm telling you... They could probably market this stuff if it didn't cause major anorexia... :shock: :laugh2:

It's okay, I'll just sit here with my water bottle laughing it up.... :D She can sit there drinking a Mountain Dew when she's thirsty and a Snickers before she walks 10 minutes.... whatever motivates her to think she's doing it.... She's going to be one of those 10's of thousands of people that fall into that diet scheme where they buy every pill on the market available that promises it will make them lose rapid amounts of weight with no diet change or exorcise. :roll: MIRACLES I SAY MIRACLES! Actually, Topamax man.... I'm telling you... They could probably market this stuff if it didn't cause major anorexia... :shock: :laugh2:

OMG trading one disease for another! I'm laughing SO hard, I nearly mistook the hamper again! :D:laugh2::laugh2:

OMG trading one disease for another! I'm laughing SO hard, I nearly mistook the hamper again! :D:laugh2::laugh2:

:laugh2: No no no no you're in your own house you don't want to do THAT laundry on laundry day! :shock: Maybe you could get your sister to do it though...? :hmm: She owes you a few! :D :laugh2: What have YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU been drinking missy!? :hmm: :P

Ah. Forgot to mention that part. The morning trip was a southbound trip, and the later trip was a northbound. The odds of boarding the exact same train twice in one day is one in a million. That almost never happens, and if it does, it's almost unheard of.

very common to do that in Alaska.

Not here. Metra runs too many trains for that to even happen.

oic. but what you talked about is not an example of irony. it's more like this...

Cool_story_bro_tell_it_again.jpg

I once had a woman with pink CI come to buy a bike from me. As it turned out, I had few green, red, and blue bikes. I had only one pink bike. She wanted the pink bike. She tried to bargain. I would have nothing with that. Pink CI, pink bike....I think customers have to be more discreet when shopping.

Back