iPhone 4

Well, if no contract and no credit history... see video clip: http://seesmic.tv//videos/TeOSljoq8Z

$549 is full retail price for iPhone in Canada, not deposit.

Deposit is applies for people with failed credit check, such as no credit score or bad credit score. It happened to me in 2009 and ask me to pay $500 deposit but this year, I did credit check so zero deposit, that's odd.

The reason a phone is cheaper with a contract is that the contract offsets some of the pricing. You being locked into a contract for X amount of years helps pay for part of the phone. You are basically paying for the phone for 3 years. If you want it by itself without a contract then you want it unlocked. Unlocked equates to it being well over $500.

If you cancel your contract you are probably going to have to pay out the remainder of your contract and some fees, is it worth it just for a phone? Probably not. There's nothing wrong with what AT&T told you, that's what it is for any service provider. Like you said, Apple is offering it for $200 WITH contract.

See what Dismal was trying to explain? So to sum it all up, it's impossible to get a new iphone for $200. Even if it was stolen and such, the bootleggers won't sell it for that low because they can definitely get it for more.

I know all this. My point is, I HAVE a 2 year contract with AT&T already. I should be able to:

1. Get the iPhone 4 16 GB for $199.99
2. Change my plan down to the iPhone plan.

They're still going to make far more money off the contract anyway - $1680 over 2 years to be exact. They should give me the iPhone for $199.99 and just re-assign my contract to it. There should be NO BIG DEAL in doing so, since my current phone is paid for and has been for several months!! They're still going to make far more than even the full price of the iPhone 4 over the 2 yr. period anyway!

I know all this. My point is, I HAVE a 2 year contract with AT&T already. I should be able to:

1. Get the iPhone 4 16 GB for $199.99
2. Change my plan down to the iPhone plan.

They're still going to make far more money off the contract anyway - $1680 over 2 years to be exact. They should give me the iPhone for $199.99 and just re-assign my contract to it. There should be NO BIG DEAL in doing so, since my current phone is paid for and has been for several months!! They're still going to make far more than even the full price of the iPhone 4 over the 2 yr. period anyway!

but you are free to cancel the service with early termination fee if you don't need service that which contract isn't expire yet.

Back