Indian blood heritage..

kokonut

Reaction score
What's yours? A lot of us have mixed blood or "mulatto" despite our appearances. My closest indian lineage is a Cherokee blood at 1/128 while my other indian lineage is much more distant at 1/2048 Powhatan blood as a direct descendant of the father of Pocahontas. The key was that my ancestor Captain John Hughes (1615 - 1680) who married Princess Nicketti Powhatan who had Robert Hughes (1653 - 1681). And the rest easily traced down my grandmother.

I know I have Cherokee. It comes from my mother's maternal grandmother. That's all.

I should know my heritage a bit better lol. My maternal great grandma was full blooded something. Actually grew up on a reservation and her maiden name was Buffalo and that's all I know. I know my fathers heritage side better. They hail from Hokkaido which is most decidedly NOT any bit native american hehe.

"Mulatto"?:cool2: @1/128th, you can't even say you have a Native American heritiage. :laugh2:

"Mulatto"?:cool2: @1/128th, you can't even say you have a Native American heritiage. :laugh2:

They prefer to be called "Indians" and not "native American" since "American" was named after Amerigo Vespucci, for his discovery of the mainland of the New World. This was a big wake up call when I talked to some of the Indians I encountered saying more are starting to not like the term "Native American indian" but indian instead. Some don't mind but many appear to be re-assert ing their preference for "indian." After all there were here first before Amerigo Vespucci ever discovered their land.

If you hadn't noticed my OP is titled, "Indian blood heritage." And I did say that my closest indian lineage is a Cherokee blood. And the context was easily understood that the indians I'm talking about are those on the North American continent and not India.

Well, get DNA test to see if it is still there in your body.

They prefer to be called "Indians" and not "native American" since "American" was named after Amerigo Vespucci, for his discovery of the mainland of the New World. This was a big wake up call when I talked to some of the Indians I encountered saying more are starting to not like the term "Native American indian" but indian instead. Some don't mind but many appears to be re-assert ing their preference for "indian." After all there were here first before Amerigo Vespucci ever discovered their land.

If you hadn't noticed my OP is titled, "Indian blood heritage." And I did say that my closest indian lineage is a Cherokee blood. And the context was easily understood the indians I'm talking about was those on the North American continent and not India.

Over the years, the people whom these words are meant to represent have made their preference clear: the majority of American Indians/Native Americans believe it is acceptable to use either term, or both
Read more: American Indian versus Native American — Infoplease.com American Indian versus Native American — Infoplease.com

Over the years, the people whom these words are meant to represent have made their preference clear: the majority of American Indians/Native Americans believe it is acceptable to use either term, or both
Read more: American Indian versus Native American — Infoplease.com American Indian versus Native American — Infoplease.com

I've talked to some of the indians about this. The shift is occurring. :wave: They are re-asserting their identity as indians....not "Native American Indians." That was my point.

So, do you have any Indain (Native American) blood or not? Or are you just here to troll because you hate the OP.

Never mind...I am just reading other thread.. It makes sense.. *walks away*

Just mocking somebody and wanting to start a huge fight for a choice of wording you don't like is not a good way to get along on a forum.

People will get tired of this behavior quickly, and people who can't respect others get banned.

And on the topic, yes I have a sizeable amount of indigenous people's DNA from my biological mother.

Back