Inappropriate Signatures

Eve

Reaction score
I think the "Penisarium" was a good idea for those of us who still find it funny to use "potty humor". However, I have noticed that some of us continue to use sexual content in our signatures, which are exhibited each time we post in open forum as well. Since there is always the potential for children to be present in the forum, I find this unacceptable. I personally choose to stay out of the penisarium because I don't care to read about someone's husband performing oral sex on her, so why should I (and others) be subjected to it in open forum on a constant basis?

Eve said:
I think the "Penisarium" was a good idea for those of us who still find it funny to use "potty humor". However, I have noticed that some of us continue to use sexual content in our signatures, which are exhibited each time we post in open forum as well. Since there is always the potential for children to be present in the forum, I find this unacceptable. I personally choose to stay out of the penisarium because I don't care to read about someone's husband performing oral sex on her, so why should I (and others) be subjected to it in open forum on a constant basis?

I agree, and I think the same should apply to inappropriate avatars.

NOW.... r u control all AD'ers their choice prever avatar...

Excuse me, We are ADULT..
we are not kid...

So
I've been here for many many many years and known this AD welcomed you all everyone as long you want choice avatar and sig.. you cannot control them, I do not like your avatar or sig.. Do something else improrite.. Excuse me, IF you don't like here.. then OUTTA OF HERE..

Why care you're still here?
huh?
:roll:

Unbelivable.. I've seen so many relgions increase rapidly more more... now next avatar and sig...

That ridcouisly..
Plain simple avatar.. That boring.. where fun and humor sense..
Why can't you accept their humor sense... prefer choice avatar or sig..

Honestly.. Your avatar is so BORING.. Go ahead tell me, YES YOU'RE RUDE..
BITE ME!

Do you want your own forum.. Go ahead create it.. "Senior Citizen Deaf Forum" Go ahead.. You want chi-chat cuppa tea... boring talk.. Go ahead that your choice.. fine by me..

Have you seen on commercials that showed women and men being in half nude? How come nobody get offended? What about when you go to an art show, You see body image shots, It's a fine pieces of art. I don't see why it offended some members here just because a pieces of art nude is shown on their avatar or signature, It's all about being creatively and showing a piece of art, There is nothing sexual about it.

*smh*

sounds like several threads that have popped up complaining of signatures/avatars...

Again I will say it here...Signatures and Avatars are the personal preferences of members and ONLY administrators and moderators have any power to have any say-so, not the members that would be controlling (see thread, Those Who Would Control...).

For shame - I have seen avatars that were out of this world, and signatures that dared to cross boundaries, and I have applauded each and every one of them for having the nerve or confidence to use the subject matter.

Humm...maybe it's time...

I never complain about any member's avatar/signature image, and beside, she didn't have a nasty image in her signature, it was just a man with a big mouth, I don't see anything wrong with that, and if Alex or the moderators feel it's not inappropriate then it's up to them to decide if the image should be removed or not.....

For those of you who don't want their children seeing the sexually pictures, simple click on your options and press not to view any avatar/signature simple...

Btw, I'm leaving my Terri image in my signature and those who don't like it too darn bad!!

Ohhh Made me scary... I can't stand BORING.. made me sick..
:barf: includes Eve's avatar so quite boring and plain...
Your avatar needs SPICEY up more sexier...

Will you care..?

You will answer, NO YOU'RE CRITIZIE MY AVATAR..
My answer.. Yeah right!

Why care you're still here?
huh?
Because I have the right to express myself as long as it does not infringe upon others. My rights end where yours begin and vice versa.

btw, I DON'T HAVE AN AVATAR.
Have you seen on commercials that showed women and men being in half nude? How come nobody get offended? What about when you go to an art show, You see body image shots, It's a fine pieces of art. I don't see why it offended some members here just because a pieces of art nude is shown on their avatar or signature, It's all about being creatively and showing a piece of art, There is nothing sexual about it.
This obviously isn't the inappropriate signature I am referring to. I honestly don't have any problem with art. In fact, I once wrote a college English paper for my brother titled "what is art?" and pasted a pic of a nude woman on it....only A+ that professor ever gave.
No, my problem with with actual SEXUALLY EXPLICIT information. I really don't care to know how horny your husband makes you when he eats you out. That kind of information is an over-share and seems to be in extremely poor taste.
I am not complaining about your avatar or your sisters. I think it is quite appropriate for you to memorialize Terri in the manner you see fit. In fact, this is the first time I have ever complained about a signature in AD.

and if Alex or the moderators feel it's not inappropriate then it's up to them to decide if the image should be removed or not.....
Which is exactly why I posted my objection here, in the feedback forum.

For those of you who don't want their children seeing the sexually pictures, simple click on your options and press not to view any avatar/signature simple...
There are plenty of parents out there who have no idea what their children are being exposed to. We are supposed to be adults. We have been provided with a penisarium, so that we can express any sexual content we choose to, we don't have to bring it into open forum as well.

Btw, I'm leaving my Terri image in my signature and those who don't like it too darn bad!!
GOOD! I think it is healthy for you to express yourself in this manner. It isn't like you are making nasty comments in your avatar.

I see so many people crying out about R E S P E C T here, but some of those same individuals are the ones showing no respect for others.

You said it is none of my business what you have in your avatar, but you are the one making it my business by bring your bedroom experiences into the forum. If you want to know about how my husband and I pleasure one another, I probably wouldn't tell you, because it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. And, out of respect for you and others, I wouldn't share such information openly.

Furthermore, THANK YOU for changing your signature.

There is a difference between a 'boring' avatar and one that has pictures of naked people. Yes, many of us are adults here but there are children here at AD...some of them post and some do not. Alex also does a lot to promote this site and it has appeared in numerous publications...many that are viewed by children.

Oceanbreeze simply stated an opinion that she didn't think some of the avatars here are appropriate, and I'm curious why there is the need to personally attack her?

As eve pointed out, the Penisarium was designed for Adults Only. Do you think we should eliminate that forum and let people post whatever they want whenever they want? If that is the case, then how come I haven't been able to find any posts(unless I've missed it) saying that the Penisarium needs to go because all adult content should be allowed anywhere in the forum. If you feel that strongly about adult content being NOT controlled, then please point out a post by you saying that it should be allowed anywhere.

And regardless of how much 'control' you hate, it is something that we all have everyday in our lives...from driving speed limits to paying our taxes. Laws such as the ADA are also 'control' of how businesses are run. Is anyone here against that type of 'control'? If so, why not speak out against it all instead of making a personal attack against Oceanbreeze because she agreed with the original poster about some of the adult stuff that is finding its way out into the open?

While I personally don't have an issue with any of the avatars, I can see the point that is being brought up. I cannot view AD at work because of some of the avatars and signatures. Again, I don't have an issue with them myself but I can see why its a problem.

Last edited:
Eve said:
There are plenty of parents out there who have no idea what their children are being exposed to. We are supposed to be adults. We have been provided with a penisarium, so that we can express any sexual content we choose to, we don't have to bring it into open forum as well.

Actually I did create a thread about that maybe a year ago or so, about pictures, talking dirty, using dirty smiley in open forum, and not being kept in the penisarium, those who posted told me it was my responsibility to make sure my children are not around when I'm viewing Alldeaf.....Let me see if I can find that thread so you can look at it, I used to feel the same way as you did, but then again, I let it go cause no one really understood where I was coming from on this.....

Actually I did create a thread about that maybe a year ago or so, about pictures, talking dirty, using dirty smiley in open forum, and not being kept in the penisarium, those who posted told me it was my responsibility to make sure my children are not around when I'm viewing Alldeaf.....Let me see if I can find that thread so you can look at it, I used to feel the same way as you did, but then again, I let it go cause no one really understood where I was coming from on this.....
I completely agree with you that it should be kept in penisarium, and I disagree with those who state that we should be allowed to post anything anywhere anytime. The reason I posted this here is so that we could get some feedback from Alex or one of the other mods on what their expectations for us are. I have made my views known and that is all I can do. However, I think it is important for all of us to be able to express our concerns so that Alex knows how all of us feel and can act accordingly.

GalaxyAngel said:

Ohhh Made me scary... I can't stand BORING.. made me sick..
:barf: includes Eve's avatar so quite boring and plain...
Your avatar needs SPICEY up more sexier...

Will you care..?

You will answer, NO YOU'RE CRITIZIE MY AVATAR..
My answer.. Yeah right!

Why are you attacking me simply because I asked you privately to change your avatar a few weeks back? I was within my right to do so. You were also within your right to refuse, which you saw fit to do. End of story. Then, I remedied the situation, myself.

You were happy and I was happy. Let it go.

I knew this was coming; in fact, I brought it up the other day. I am concerned about the image Alex's site is beginning to portray. It's the beginning of a cancer that needs to be nipped in the bud and soon. What is beginning to happen here is no different than "contributing to the deliquency of minors". Why destroy a good thing when there's the availability of the Penisarium?

Tousi said:
I knew this was coming; in fact, I brought it up the other day. I am concerned about the image Alex's site is beginning to portray. It's the beginning of a cancer that needs to be nipped in the bud and soon. What is beginning to happen here is no different than "contributing to the deliquency of minors". Why destroy a good thing when there's the availability of the Penisarium?

Agreed, however there are folks here that believe that if there are any rules in place about adult content, it is some form of censorship and control.

Whats funny is I participate in a number of forums and Alex lets people do A LOT more here than a lot of those forums...and then people complain about control when something like this comes up. I commend Alex and the moderators for a job well done here.

Taylor said:
Agreed, however there are folks here that believe that if there are any rules in place about adult content, it is some form of censorship and control.

Right, Taylor but for an enterprise such as this and it's being a public place, there must be "some form of censorship and control" just as there is in real life, no?

Taylor said:

Thank you, Taylor (and Tousi). I want to add just for grins that I'm not against adult content being viewed by others, so long as it's done in the appropriate place. This forum is viewed by many, and I'm sure there are those who find some of the content offensive. Of course, it can be argued that someone can adjust preferences to not show avatars and sigs. Why should we do this when just a few are obscene? It's really simple. Use comment sense. If you don't want your kids seeing something on the internet; then chances are, NO CHILD so see it.

Let's not stop there and go after those who use Angels in their handles.
It is sufficient and blasphemous enough to arouse my prurient interests.

Oceanbreeze said:
I asked you privately to change your avatar a few weeks back? I was within my right to do so.

How is it in your right to ask a member of this site to change her/his avatar nor signature? Are you or not an administrator of this forum? No, you not, so therefore it gives you no right to ask anyone to change their signature and avatar, Only moderators and the administrator can have their say in this matter. ;)

Back