Inappropriate Signatures/Avatars - THE POLL

Should sexually explicit material (pics/words) be permitted in avatars/signatures?

• No, such material should stay in the PENISARIUM only

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No, sexual content should not be in open forum

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Yes, my right to free speech is more important than offending others

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Just do away with the PENISARIUM all together

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eve said:
You should read the poll correctly. There are 2 sections for NO, when you add them together it comes up to a total of 28 for no, to 18 for yes. I would say that is a MAJORITY.

Then, you admit that your poll is totally biased.

Only one of your questions could be based on how some of us felt - if you had taken the last question out, and put in maybe a 50-50 favor/opposed question it might have been fair.

Instead, THREE of your questions wanted to do completely away with sexually explict avatars and signatures. If you were to win, we would have to take the sexually explict smileys out, and then have to re-word everything we say in order not to offend you all.

For instance, I wouldnt be able to say kiss my fat white ass - I would have to say gol darn, you can't do that. And it would not convey how I would feel at that time.

What if I wanted to post "David" in my signature? I wouldnt be able to, because even if it is art, it still shows a naked male statue in all his totality.

What if I wanted to use "Blue Woman" in my avatar? Again, I wouldn't be able to, because it shows a naked woman although it's a famous painting by Matisse.

I do agree that sometimes we push the envelope, but I did find a lot of humor in what was shown - and now...I feel that AllDeaf will be stodgy - nothing exciting, nothing to show for it. Just a lot of ma'ams, yes sir, no sir, and good day to you, madam.

AllDeaf became famous because it PUSHED the envelope, encouraged us to push the limits, expand our minds, and, while the bashing was so totally IMMATURE, we all learned something because we weren't afraid to say what we wanted to say and show what we wanted to show the world.

btw, i was honestly trying to ignore the blatant BASHING toward me, but I just can't seem to let this go without saying...
Eve is smartass...
BETTER THAN BEING A DUMB ONE!

We are sinner now !!

nuns.jpg

nuns2.jpg

nuns.gif

_1328252_nuns300.jpg

Vote "NO"

Then, you admit that your poll is totally biased.
No, I agree that there are more than one option, but two of those options have a similar outcome.

Only one of your questions could be based on how some of us felt - if you had taken the last question out, and put in maybe a 50-50 favor/opposed question it might have been fair.
I didn’t say it was perfect. I was just trying to get an idea of how many of us see a problem with the system as it is now, and it seem that would be the MAJORITY of us.

Instead, THREE of your questions wanted to do completely away with sexually explict avatars and signatures. If you were to win, we would have to take the sexually explict smileys out, and then have to re-word everything we say in order not to offend you all.
This poll Is ONLY geared toward avatars and signatures….you know, those things that pop up EVERY time we post, unlike the smilies and wording. And furthermore, I wasn’t referring to nudity in general, I was referring to blatantly sexually explicit material, not art.

The problem is that some people just can’t figure out when it is time to stop pushing the envelope because they have pushed too far.

Eve said:
No, I agree that there are more than one option, but two of those options have a similar outcome.

I didn’t say it was perfect. I was just trying to get an idea of how many of us see a problem with the system as it is now, and it seem that would be the MAJORITY of us.

This poll Is ONLY geared toward avatars and signatures….you know, those things that pop up EVERY time we post, unlike the smilies and wording. And furthermore, I wasn’t referring to nudity in general, I was referring to blatantly sexually explicit material, not art.

The problem is that some people just can’t figure out when it is time to stop pushing the envelope because they have pushed too far.

How clever you are...that is why you like to add two NOs instead of one NO.

I am sorry that your poll is totally forked up. Guess what? it is not over until school kids are gonna to be out of school soon and wait until your popping eyes would see the fast voting "Yes" numbers.....

You know, it wouldnt matter if I had put 50 selections for YES in the poll, the numbers still add up the same.

Eve said:
You know, it wouldnt matter if I had put 50 selections for YES in the poll, the numbers still add up the same.

Wrong.

Anyone agrees with accurate questionaires on Eve's Polls?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with DreamDeaf here, I find this poll totally unfair....

No, such material should stay in the PENISARIUM only
No, sexual content should not be in open forum

Those two are similar alike, and yet only one poll for freedom of speech, and yet the totally will be together?....That doesn't sound fair to me....

^Angel^ said:
I agree with DreamDeaf here, I find this poll totally unfair....

No, such material should stay in the PENISARIUM only
No, sexual content should not be in open forum

Those two are similar alike, and yet only one poll for freedom of speech, and yet the totally will be together?....That doesn't sound fair to me....
*walks back in*

I agree with DreamDeaf too.
After all, Eve had proved to us what kind of person she is.

Eve said:
You should read the poll correctly. There are 2 sections for NO, when you add them together it comes up to a total of 28 for no, to 18 for yes. I would say that is a MAJORITY. [snip, snip]
Eve, you pulled a fast one! Your poll is unfair! Maybe your 'friend' is right about you. methinks you haven't changed within 6 years.

Why on earth has this gotten so personal? Granted, I don't know what happened all those years ago (and I don't want to know!), but I don't think any of this is helping discussion of the issue at hand, which is what material it is appropriate/polite to have where on the forum.

if you don't like the pictures or signuate, then just turn off the view avatar and signatures in your user cp. its simple.

It's not that simple for newcomers to the forum who don't know how to turn them off. Furthermore, I enjoy seeing many of the avatars and signatures. Why can't I see the clean ones without being subjected to the dirty ones? Especially when the PENISARIUM provides the appropriate place for such vulgar material!

Eve said:
It's not that simple for newcomers to the forum who don't know how to turn them off. Furthermore, I enjoy seeing many of the avatars and signatures. Why can't I see the clean ones without being subjected to the dirty ones? Especially when the PENISARIUM provides the appropriate place for such vulgar material!
:werd:

darkangel8603 said:
if you don't like the pictures or signuate, then just turn off the view avatar and signatures in your user cp. its simple.
:gpost:

See Eve.. it's simple that way. Put up a warning label like we see them everywhere and everyday. simple.

HuH? Another one?? Oh man, forget it I will not vote such thing! I feel that this is only FREEDOM of speech is our rights! U have no right to do that, Eve... U have to ask Mods abt it for themsevles if u r complain abt it! Geez...

Freedom of Speech!

EyesBlueDeaf said:
Or we raise the age from age 13 to age 18 and leave everything alone. SIMPLE.
FYI: 'The Closet' is not a dirty forum! Do you see any pictures of gays or lesbians banging eachother in this forum?????? NO! and Leave 'The Closet' alone!

Right, Alex should be the one who can make it raise the age from 13 to 18 so that way there, he won't have to worry about for those who are "uptight" people, if you get my meaning. :) If some kids lied about their ages? So beat it...that is not something Alex can do about it and he also don't have to worry about getting sue over it or whatever. And another thing, any lurkers who want to get in without registration, again, Alex should of block it. The only way they can get in is by fill out the form, just like anyone eles!, period. And as for so called "light dirty" or arts of avatar/signature images, let Alex decide to see if it is appropriate or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back