In lieu of present, $$ Cash $$ please

In lieu of birthday presents, $ cash $ please!!

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My "list" was just a clarification of my points. You didn't need to "answer" them but that's OK. :)

Actually, someone did post that equation, and mine was a response to that. Someone did say that they expected a gift to compensate the expense of the food and drink. Maybe you missed the original post. It doesn't really matter. I'm just making my point.

No, I've never had a bad experience. I'm not the one who originally brought it up.

None, I didn´t see where "someone" have say anything what you claimed. You said this yourself, not "someone".

I´m afraid yes, it´s you who brought it up in first place. Nobody judges how much we spent etc... or how much hosts spent their expenses on big occassions. All of that is we are happy to fulfill our dearest friend´s wishes without judge how much they spend on their expenses on us guests as hosts are happy to have us as their guests without judge money. You said this yourself, not me.

I don't understand your defensiveness. I didn't say anything about you or your manners. I'm just making a general statement that manners and rudeness have nothing to do with what year this is.

Did I say "I"? No, I said in general way "we". :)

The best way to show heart and feeling is to show respect for the customs of the people and place that you visit or live.

Don´t twist my word... :)

Kuiji75,
wow, you jumped conlusion to negative my post and claim that you doubt my post without check both sides? This cards, you posted is for young couple who don´t have everything in their household.

You are the one who is jumping to conclusions and not reading what everyone is saying. You are being difficult with everyone. Reba, amongst others, and I both agree that it is tactless to mention anything on an invitation. The examples I posted are German examples of invitations that do not mention gift preferences.

We are NOT arguing with the fact that it is nice to bring something to the wedding. We are not arguing with the fact that it is good idea to ask the host about their gift preferences. We are only stating that it is rude and tactless to mention anything on invitations.

That is fine if they want to do that. But we are talking about invitations, not gifts.

It´s hard to beleive that your German friend said this because there´re common here in Germany ask for money gift and also wedding games in receiption to get bridal´s shoe to get guests to put coins until coins full in bride´s shoe accord German custom. We donate money in receiption as well... It doesn´t bother us really. I´m total surprised that your friend didn´t know about this... It look like that she never attend any weddings in her life or what...

She said it is normal to bring something to weddings and parties, but it is taktlos to ask for it in an Einladungskarte.

Anyway about children invitation cards, you posted... Where have I said in my previous post about money wish on children´s inviation card? Nope, I never say one word about money wish on children´s inviation card but wedding invitation. I only say that we went to toy shop or CD/music shop to get gift card.

Do you have to mention anything? I am more than free to post more examples other than wedding invitations to illustrate my point. I don't know why you are constantly defending yourself and contradicting yourself so many times to a point that it no longer makes any sense. Keep it short and clear, we are talking about putting gift preferences on invitations, not about guests bringing presents or not.

None, I didn´t see where "someone" have say anything what you claimed. You said this yourself, not "someone".

Sorry you missed the posts. I'm trying not to drag other names into this debate.

You said this yourself, not me.
Who said it was you?

Did I say "I"? No, I said in general way "we". :)
Like the royal "we"? :)

Don´t twist my word... :)
I wasn't. I was stating my own words and beliefs. Is that OK? :)

You are the one who is jumping to conclusions and not reading what everyone is saying. You are being difficult with everyone. Reba, amongst others, and I both agree that it is tactless to mention anything on an invitation. The examples I posted are German examples of invitations that do not mention gift preferences.

Nobody here jumping to conclusions here but you. You came here to claim that you doubt my word and then prove me wrong and belittle me with links.

Don´t you read my answer to thread creator´s question of last year and repeat to answer her question here about add something on the invitation?

I can post my POV with agree to disagree I feel like to. You talk about Reba.. Fine, It´s okay to agree with her and disagree with me but not jumping to conclusions to belittle me with links for Reba. I have no problem to debate with anyone here in polite way but you. I don´t post anything to prove them wrong with links but share my feeling and heart and knowledge in debate way with agree/disagree.

You make it look that you are prefect and never misunderstand. Oh yes, we including you and me all misunderstand - we are not prefect.

We are NOT arguing with the fact that it is nice to bring something to the wedding. We are not arguing with the fact that it is good idea to ask the host about their gift preferences. We are only stating that it is rude and tactless to mention anything on invitations.

Who argue the fact? Nope, we are not here to argue the fact but our heart and feeling, feedback, tips, opinion etc. I share my posts about my country in some posts in general way. It´s bad if you don´t like it.

Do I against your word because of rude to put something on the invitation card? Nope, I only disagree... this is so.

That is fine if they want to do that. But we are talking about invitations, not gifts.

Yes we have in many posts. I know it´s invitation card, we should talk about. I already provided you with links about money gift on invitation card.

I already stated about put something on the invitation card in previous posts but Reba & I made some off topic posts about gifts here etc. There´re twist and confusion posts...

She said it is normal to bring something to weddings and parties, but it is taktlos to ask for it in an Einladungskarte.

This is a first time, I ever heard.. :dunno: See the links, I provided in previous posts. I attend deaf and hearing weddings and occassions a lot for long years.. To us, it makes no deal to upset over money gifts or hint on any invitation cards. We all see understandable to fulfill host´s wish on their big occassion. :dunno:

Do you have to mention anything? I am more than free to post more examples other than wedding invitations to illustrate my point. I don't know why you are constantly defending yourself and contradicting yourself so many times to a point that it no longer makes any sense. Keep it short and clear, we are talking about putting gift preferences on invitations, not about guests bringing presents or not.

:confused: You misunderstand again. I only mentioned that you misunderstand my post about children invitation card. I didn´t mentioned money gift on the children´s invitation card in my previous posts, don´t I? Please read my post #95 carefully.

Huh? I defend myself?... I do not see that I defend myself.. All what I see is I share with ADers about my country about baby shower, etc and also agree and disagree with ADers in polite way without belittle and prove them wrong with links, etc. They didn´t prove or belittle me with links but you.

Sorry you missed the posts. I'm trying not to drag other names into this debate.

Yes I know, that´s why we debate in general way.

Who said it was you?

Like the royal "we"? :)

:lol: *shake my head in laugh way* Don´t try to twist my word... You know what I´m saying.

I wasn't. I was stating my own words and beliefs. Is that OK? :)

Yes, it´s your own word because it´s you but not try to twist and confuse ADers or try to put ADers down or try to make them feel bad when you know what they are saying/talking about. :) I have seen your posts toward ADers in any threads a lot.

Liebling, if I may be bold, you are nothing but a bully in your posting, and being too argumative with your posts. This thread is about a boy requesting money to contribute to his new car, and that is the reason why I added other posts other than weddings.

I am not belittling your post. I am expressing my doubts about your posts. You are saying that you have the right to disagree with me, but call it belittling when I disagree or doubt you? I don't think disagreement is an one-way-street. You know the famous quote: "Let's agree to disagree with good spirits." Your posts, in my eyes, are considered belittling to others and me. You pull this thread out too long, which means you are not allowing us to think what we want, but to agree with you what you think. Let bygones be bygones. I've had my last word with this thread. Good luck with yourself in this thread.

Mod Note:

Time to close this thread up for the time being or permanently--
Thread is starting to get out of hand--it's noteable that many ideas, thoughts and opinions were expressed throughout this thread, however, the seemingly endless belittling or the clashing of ideas among members is starting to intensify and therefore, time to let things cooooool down.

~RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back