I'm starting to give on dating and I'm only 33

Hey Vorsia, you definitely do not come across as desperate. You come across as super woman. Raising three kids alone and then add your challenges I am amazed at how well you have dealt with all of this. You are a very sweet, loving, caring person and any guy would be extremely lucky to have you in their life.

Maybe when you get your hearing dog you can go out more and meet some new people.
Just be careful.

if you decide on the midwest...

Denver or Colorado Springs might be a good try- Colorado Springs has the deaf school and the last time I lived there there was a pretty good deaf community there (not sure on deaf-blind- I did know a DB guy who lived in Denver). That was over 10 years ago so it may be different now.

I've heard Kansas is not a very friendly state towards deaf (and by extension- deaf-blind)- or at least some areas.

You seem like an amazing woman. The problem is many people are users and take more than they give. They don't want to put effort into a relationship and just want to satisfy their own needs.
Moving to an area with a larger deaf/blind population would benefit as you would probably meet more people who are comfortable around deaf/blind folks. One off my college roommates years ago was Deaf/blind from ushers. Plus have a few other friends with it. I see how it makes many uncomfortable.
If you ever find yourself our in the Reno NV area, please message me. Would like to meet you, show you around town a bit. Always like making new friends...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hey Vorsia, you definitely do not come across as desperate. You come across as super woman. Raising three kids alone and then add your challenges I am amazed at how well you have dealt with all of this. You are a very sweet, loving, caring person and any guy would be extremely lucky to have you in their life.

Maybe when you get your hearing dog you can go out more and meet some new people.
Just be careful.

Yeah I had people coming up me to pet my hearing dog and some kids would have a tantrum if their parents would not let them pet my dog . One little boy had a melt down right a store.

I'm getting seeing eye dog but it will some functions of a hearing dog as we'll .thats great you have hearing dog do you have a sign on it say please don't pet it's working ?

I'm 36... don't feel bad that dating can be hard just be patient time will happen I have good patience but sometimes it can get lonely but looking on bright side i always keep myself busy read books or go out with friends and etc.. what more I am going back to school in september to keep myself busy I hate being busy but it helps to make time go faster.. :) hope you find whatever u want to find and be happy with what you have and think positive that's all I can think of :)

if you decide on the midwest...

Denver or Colorado Springs might be a good try- Colorado Springs has the deaf school and the last time I lived there there was a pretty good deaf community there (not sure on deaf-blind- I did know a DB guy who lived in Denver). That was over 10 years ago so it may be different now.

I've heard Kansas is not a very friendly state towards deaf (and by extension- deaf-blind)- or at least some areas.

Chicago also has a large Deaf-Blind community. We also have the Chicago Lighthouse downtown, and they have all sorts of activities for people who are Deaf-Blind. My roommate recently went on a trip with that group a few weeks ago. I've heard they go to Springfield, IL and Navy Pier.

I'm getting seeing eye dog but it will some functions of a hearing dog as we'll .thats great you have hearing dog do you have a sign on it say please don't pet it's working ?

I had a hearing dog , he got cancer when he was 11 yo and I had put him down . :( No , but I should had had a sigh saying that b/c people where always trying to pet him while working. I was at store once and guy went to pet Finlay right on his head and I pushed the guy handed away . He got pissed off at me ! I asked the jerk if liked people petting him on the head while he was working . Some dogs hate being touch on their head by strange people so the guy was not too bright trying to touch my dog head.

Whatdidyousay
Sorry for your loss.

Thank you. I am happy for you getting a service dog , I miss my best friend , Finlay was at my left side all the time. I was grocery shopping and was walking to my and one of my neighbor looked at my left side and saw Finlay was missing and when I told him my dog die my neighbor said that is like the sun no longer being in the sky.

good luck

心头影事幻重重,化作佳人绝代容。
跨鹤高飞亦壮哉,云霞一羽雪皑皑。

Back