I'm starting to give on dating and I'm only 33

I do know someone who is deaf/blind. That gives me idea. I should text him and see if he wants to hang out with me.

Sorry about your dating life. I'm not enjoying mine either.

Vorsia, consider yourself one of toughest single MOFO! I don't see how average human being can raise kids as single mother/father when can't see nor hear nothing. You have achieved where most average human beings can't handle >alone<. KUDO!

while I understood you perfectly how you feel being alone. Maybe I can make a connect you with somebody that I know, actually she is my classmate that married Deaf/blind guy. You sure need serious support, would you want that? I would have to ask her for permission, she is awesome woman that I know from my school.

FYI my mailbox is nearly full so if you can't PM me, please wait, so I can clear up my box.

Last edited:
I do know someone who is deaf/blind. That gives me idea. I should text him and see if he wants to hang out with me.

Sorry about your dating life. I'm not enjoying mine either.

Arent you hooked now and have turbo installed?

Thanks everyone thanks diehard biker ...I will wait I will inbox you ..

Yes I'm legally blind vision is about 20/ 800 .. And no vision on the sides at best I have what's call counting fingers vision .i use zoom text on phone right now but I have severe light sensitivity. Do to my neuromuscular condition called myasthenia graviis . And optic atrophy and nastagmus .. Anyway yeah I'm nice and sweet but no guy will ever know . Unless they give me a chance other then saying your pretty you look sexy I'm more then that . I play music sing .. Write poetry so many other thing I love to cook . I guess this way it's going to be for as long as I can hang on I do have self love . And then that most important.

Maybe you're too independence for the guys you been meeting , you need to find a guy that not threaten by a strong woman. I notice you never say anything rude to people here , yes you are nice . A :hug: for you.

Vorsia, I just passed this thread URL to her, and see if she willing connect with you. Hope you get support you needed.

Vorisa - Why not try connecting with various DB organizations? There's a prominent center in Long Island. A bit more extreme would be to move to where the DB's are. Seattle or Louisiana for example.

Definitely a good sized Deaf-Blind community in Seattle from what I know- many work at the Lighthouse for the Blind there.

I know there's a small DB community in Atlanta too as I attended a few of their events when I lived there for a short time. Don't know about DC if there is a big enough group or not.

There's Lighthouse for the Blind in San Francisco as well. I know several Deaf-Blind around here SF/Bay Area. Are you willing to relocate to place where Deaf-Blind population is greater than where you are now? I believe Seattle provide better service to Deaf-Blind, but Seattle weather is not reliable due to snow/rain. San Francisco weather is warm/dry and rarely rain, and never snow, perfect place for Deaf-Blind to go out almost everyday. San Francisco cost of living is crazy, but you can find a way.

Diehard biker . Cool I wait I just sign up deaf blind chapters they have a conference coming soon . So I'm hoping I can Attend there no date yet but I'm excited .

I'm attending the Hellen Keller in sands point learning Braille and getting training in kitchen safety and other things .o and m services .

Dating is the least of your worries. You don't want to advertise yourself that your "Needy" person, that turns guys away... OR even worse predate you into something you don't want to get yourself into. You don't want make yourself vulnerable at all.

Be yourself, just be friends to begin with.

BTW, I met my wife when I was 35, married 41 yrs old, And honestly, I am happy that I married her BUT it is just only paper. I married her NOT to make attorney, nor judges happy at all... I married her because of family, period. All of my assets is now forever belong to my family, nobody else, and that is why I married to make sure my wife and kids keeps them not creepies.

Yes I'm not desperate I just want to hang out eat and things like that it been like five years .. Lol okay die hard .. It's true .. Lol oh boy if come across as desperate .. Wow .. I'm really not .just needed and advice .suggestions.. Thanks you all are great . Much love guys ..

I'm attending the Hellen Keller in sands point learning Braille and getting training in kitchen safety and other things .o and m services .

That is great , I had a client that went blind and her nurse was surprise no one came to her house to teach how to be how safe in her home . my poor client kept knocking her drinks over and pouring too much coffee into her cup. No one told her to put a finger near the top of the cop to feel how full it was getting. I had made sure there the small rugs stayed in place so my client did not trip on them and that there where no cords to trip on too.

Back