I'm soooo nervous!!!

deafmama78

Reaction score
My CI evaluation appt to see if I'm a candidate for CI is tomorrow @ 1 & 2:30! I'm soooooo nervous, yet excited!!! I've been waiting six weeks! And now the wait is over. Hopefully my next wait is the countdown to surgery date & then the activation date! Please think of me tmr or [pray if you do] & let's all hope that I'm a candidate as I'm getting extremely tired of the issues I've had going on since summer, especially with the damn Tinnitus!!!

Anyways, wish me luck! I'll be here tomorrow after the appt letting yall know how it went!

Good luck!!! We hope we see a message from you tomorrow with some positive indications that you may qualify for a CI :)

as I'm getting extremely tired of the issues I've had going on since summer, especially with the damn Tinnitus!!!
Care to elaborate on those?

to see if I'm a candidate for CI is tomorrow
Very good luck. Is the tinituas really bad? That can be a really good tool to argue for the implantation. Just curious.......what are they looking for in your case? I do wish you a lot of luck.......

Care to elaborate on those?

Sure. Ever since summer, I've been having Tinnitus just about 24/7. It'd get so bad that I'd lose my residul hearing temporarily, it'd last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I hate it! Also, I want to get the issues with my right ear straightened out so I could wear my hearing aid in that ear again. I've explained in the other thread why I wasn't able to wear my right hearing aid for the past 6 yrs. :/ Blah!

Thanks to everyone that wished me luck!!! :)

I hope you can get that problem taken care of, deafmama78.

My problems with recruiment was so bad that I stopped wearing my HA for a year and half. Now I'm trying to wear it again so I can increase my chances of success with my implant.

If someone had told me that I'd stop wearing HAs as an adult when I was little, I'd have thought him crazy.

Very good luck. Is the tinituas really bad? That can be a really good tool to argue for the implantation. Just curious.......what are they looking for in your case? I do wish you a lot of luck.......

Yep, my Tinnitus is just awful! I can't stand it sometimes!!!

Well - see, I went to the ENT, around Jan 26th I think, to discuss all the issues I've been having since summer regarding Tinnitus & not being able hear like I normally do. Oh and the issue with not being able to wear one of my hearing aids as I've explained before. The ENT looked at my hearing test that I had to take 1st before I met him as it was just across the hall from each other. So he'd just nod and say "Oh... I don't know what would be causing all that... How about we just go ahead & send you to MEI and see if you're a candidate for Cochlear Implants? My mouth fell open in shock. Cause, I was just surprised at how quick he just went straight over to that without even trying anything else. But I'm not worried as I plan to let te MEI team know about it & will also talk w/ them about everything that's been going on and my appt with the ENT Dr, the moron! Heh. So, I guess for now, they aren't looking for anything in my case, just to have a test and see if I'm a candidate, but as I've mentioned, I plan informing each & every person I meet about all the issues & my ENT visi with Dr. Moron.

My problems with recruiment was so bad that I stopped wearing my HA for a year and half. Now I'm trying to wear it again so I can increase my chances of success with my implant.

If someone had told me that I'd stop wearing HAs as an adult when I was little, I'd have thought him crazy.

I would of done the same thing! I've even had my Deaf friends, those that doesn't even wear Hearing Aids tell me "Just watch, when we all get older, you'll ditch your damn hearing aids & you'll be proud to be Deaf like us!" annnnd told me "Just watch, you'll lose the rest of your hearing when you get older! I can't wait!!!" [eyeroll] I'd laugh in their faces & said "Nope, I'm not ever going to be without my precious HA's!" :P
So as you can imagine, it is soooo hard on me, not being able to wear one of my HA's due to the issues I'd have each & ever damn time I tried to wear it & get my brain to get used to it!!! Grr. But, I've done tons of research in the last few weeks & found a few ideas why I've been having the experiences I do when I try wearing my HA out of my R ear, it makes total sense and I'm going to bring it up with the MEI Dr's & CI team.

Please know that I'm not just gonna go straight over to CI's, I wanna see what can be done first before I choose the CI route especially if I'm indeed a candidate! To which I hope I am, that way if I find that HA's are no longer going to be benefitting me then I'll like to already have the option of going forward with the CI. :]

So... what happened?

Hi everyone!

Bad news, I wasn't even able to go to my 2 appts at the MEI today. It's rescheduled for 8am & 9:30 am Tuesday the 27th.

You all have nooooooooooo idea how upset I was when I saw my husband's expression on his face as he was talking to someone at the MEI. I was so uipset that I was crying & crying and yelling out "screw you you stupid insurance fuckers!" :/ He called to find out the status of my insurance accepting the referrals & all that just as we were putting our coats & shoes on. Turns out my damn insurance hasn't approved it yet!!! Grrr!!!! My husband is now planning on calling those fuckers everyday starting Monday to get them to approve it by Monday the 26th, so I can go to my appt for sure on the 27th. We were considering to just go ahead and pay the $150 for the CI evaluation fee, but we then realize that once my insurance finds out, they could refuse to pay for anything else, especially for the surgery if I'm candidate and decide to go fwd with getting CI's. So, we'll just have to wait il the 27th but - if for some reason the insurance either doesn't accept it or just hasn't gotten th referral crap set, my husband is going to rip tem all a new asshole! And knowing my Dad, he'd start it first! Heh. *sigh*

New countdown: 11 fucking more days :[

[sigh]

Thanks to all of you that wished me luck & all. Please continue to think of me [ or pray] and wish me better luck on the 27th! :]

Oh, btw - I've never heard of 'recruiment' until the other day & read up on it. Interesting. I love how we continue to learn new thnigs everyday!

I wish you the best of luck! When are you getting your implant?

Please know that I'm not just gonna go straight over to CI's, I wanna see what can be done first before I choose the CI route especially if I'm indeed a candidate! To which I hope I am, that way if I find that HA's are no longer going to be benefitting me then I'll like to already have the option of going forward with the CI. :]
Makes sense...........and good on you for having that attitude! Care to tell the long story about why you can't wear a hearing aid in your first ear? I mean I definitly think that looking into wth happened, might lead to treatment.....I just read your thread......are you 100% positive that your weird hearing sitution isn't Menirere's? I know they might be able to help you with steriods and things. But, I mean it does sound like you're a pretty good canidate!

deafmama,

Sorry about the insurance snafu. Insurance can be a pain! I hope things get worked out soon. BTW, It looks like you will be going for a CI evaluation the same week I am now. GOOD LUCK!

Back