I'm not a Christian anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me to ask you question.

Example: How do you find out that you have a cancer? Did God inform you that you have a cancer?

If you want to have your cancer to remove when the doctor said that you have a good chance to have your cancer remove...

Would you let the doctor to remove cancer for you?

or Would you rather to pray the God for their help to cure your cancer because you are 110% faith to God & beleive in God with all your heart, mind & the soul and know that God cure your health?

Do you think the pray to save your risk life than doctor do?

I don't think if, you understand. My life is in God's Hands if, He should let me to live or die. I can pray to God to ask Him for His strength. Families/friends can pray to God for my healin' or recovery. Doctor can perform a surgery to remove cancer, if there's involved. The body will SHOW symptoms, if there's a cancer involved such as vomitin', bleedin' and all. I will leave a doctor in God's Hands to handle surgery.

My faith will show my courage to GO THROUGH it, TRUSTIN' God that He will take care of me, no matter what the circumstances are.

if you have any proof at all that jesus is not god s son i would like to hear it

Does it matter??

All religions are ideas, foundations for morals. It makes no difference if its true or not! If a bullshit regligion causes someone to become a better person then im glad someone, somewhere invented it! I feel that people just need to take which ever religlion they follow in moderation, find the good parts and not dwell on the bad.... and what ever you do dont go blowing your self or anything else up.

*nodding, I know what you mean*

I THANK the doctor/Science for save people´s life thru their OWN hands. I find sad that the people who worship any religions whom think it´s God who did, not Doctor/Science. Who saves my life, then thank them directly.

so true...

*nodding, I know what you mean*

I THANK the doctor/Science for save people´s life thru their OWN hands. I find sad that the people who worship any religions whom think it´s God who did, not Doctor/Science. Who saves my life, then thank them directly.

You should THANK God for givin' the doctors/scientists some skills to save people's life. God gave doctors/scientists good hands to perform skillfully.

If, God/Jesus is NOT the doctor - then, there will be no doctors anywhere. :)

You should THANK God for givin' the doctors/scientists some skills to save people's life. God gave doctors/scientists good hands to perform skillfully.

If, God/Jesus is NOT the doctor - then, there will be no doctors anywhere. :)

That is your belief and I respect that. Everyone has their own beliefs and points of views. Not everyone has the same beliefs as you do. That's what makes this world so interesting. There is no one "right" way to everything.

Does it matter??

All religions are ideas, foundations for morals. It makes no difference if its true or not! If a bullshit regligion causes someone to become a better person then im glad someone, somewhere invented it! I feel that people just need to take which ever religlion they follow in moderation, find the good parts and not dwell on the bad.... and what ever you do dont go blowing your self or anything else up.

:gpost:

I agree, everyone have different POV. But evem tho many don't think how they look at, but they do by thinking, " a man upstairs and we down here", and also, thinking like doctors and science do the work not God, its more like we are robots or puppets. True, people have preference either being selfish or thanking God for what He has giving us. God does give us responisbilties and act how we should live. I'm grateful to God for every aspect of life and learned from the, and still do, I have seen many humanist full of contradictions and appear make sense. But only thing, by saying "you're ignorant", " I know better than you do", " its easy, can you see, you are so stupid, thinking God is this and that" and etc, these comments are unacceptable. We have our right of POV as much you do. I'm very grateful whom I believe and seeing the parallel of this life and learned out of it. And am still learning. The only thing you got to understand I'm human as everyone else. There's so much I see. I don't put God aside every aspect of life. I thank the Lord for having doctors and science who He called them to do.

I agree, everyone have different POV. But evem tho many don't think how they look at, but they do by thinking, " a man upstairs and we down here", and also, thinking like doctors and science do the work not God, its more like we are robots or puppets. True, people have preference either being selfish or thanking God for what He has giving us. God does give us responisbilties and act how we should live. I'm grateful to God for every aspect of life and learned from the, and still do, I have seen many humanist full of contradictions and appear make sense. But only thing, by saying "you're ignorant", " I know better than you do", " its easy, can you see, you are so stupid, thinking God is this and that" and etc, these comments are unacceptable. We have our right of POV as much you do. I'm very grateful whom I believe and seeing the parallel of this life and learned out of it. And am still learning. The only thing you got to understand I'm human as everyone else. There's so much I see. I don't put God aside every aspect of life. I thank the Lord for having doctors and science who He called them to do.

It's so true. I am gettin' tired of some people callin' me an " ignorant " and that was uncalled for. To be quite frank, no body is that smart. I am not that smart, either - but God Himself is more far wiser than any human on this earth, because He is so perfect without makin' a single mistake or misunderstandin' or what ever that is.

But only thing, by saying "you're ignorant", " I know better than you do", " its easy, can you see, you are so stupid, thinking God is this and that" and etc, these comments are unacceptable.

I am woefully ignorant on some issues but when it comes to religion, I happen to know more than some people on this forum. :)

The truth is some of you remind me too much of how religiously ignorant I was back then. I refused to see the errors in the Bible, I held the Bible to be infallible. I held the concept that God created in six days and all that.

To this day, I am just horrified that I was so idiotic to believe in ridiculous things.

Needless to say, insulting people doesn't help. I am aware of that but it's HARD to refrain my insults. I think they should at least know that I have low opinions of their beliefs.

May the ignorant ones be enlightened by knowledge.

Christlovedeaf and CyberRed, I know how you both feel, don't let them put you down, just pray for them and let them rant all they want, cause one day they shall see the truth and then they will be the ones who may be apologizing later... ;)

Christlovedeaf and CyberRed, I know how you both feel, don't let them put you down, just pray for them and let them rant all they want, cause one day they shall see the truth and then they will be the ones who may be apologizing later... ;)

what truth? Are u talking about people here on AD that dont believe in religion?

If people dont want to believe in religion, that should be their choice just as well as people who believe in different religion. Why do we all have to believe in the same thing?

what truth? Are u talking about people here on AD that dont believe in religion?

If people dont want to believe in religion, that should be their choice just as well as people who believe in different religion. Why do we all have to believe in the same thing?

Noooo, That's not what I'm trying to say here and I have friends who do not believe in the same religion as I do, and I do go around shovel my bible down their throats or anything....They have their own religion and I respect that....

I'm not even talking about what these people who doesn't believe the same thing as they do in Im talking about the name calling, and calling them an ignorant just because of what they believe in, now was that necessary? no they have every right to preach about the Bible so for everyone here in AD, but I do not see those religion people calling them names...

Last edited:
Noooo, That's not what I'm trying to say here and I have friends who do not believe in the same religion as I do, and I do go around shovel my bible down their throats or anything....They have their own religion and I respect that....

I'm not even talking about what these people who doesn't believe the same thing as they do in Im talking about the name calling, and calling them an ignorant just because of what they believe in, now was that necessary? no they have every right to preach about the Bible so for everyone here in AD, but I do not see those religion people calling them names...

OK got it! Just making sure.

U say u do go around shoveling your bible down their throats? Or u meant to say that U dont go around shoveling your bible.......?

OK got it! Just making sure.

U say u do go around shoveling your bible down their throats? Or u meant to say that U dont go around shoveling your bible.......?

LOL I meant I don't go around shoveling my bible....I'm so terrible with words

Forgive me...:Oops:

LOL I meant I don't go around shoveling my bible....I'm so terrible with words

Forgive me...:Oops:

Dont be embarrassed..the same thing happens to me sometimes when I type too fast. Yea, just what I thought u meant. :)

Thank you. I know. :)
It would be nice to see ADers to debate or discuss any issue without name callin'.

You're basing a lot on Bible. You take every word of it as the truth and swallow it as it was sweet candies. It tastes good and sweet... You don't really have to eat anything else, right? However, a diet of candies isn't healthy is it?

You don't rationalize. If everybody believed in "God." Many thing in the world would be still unexplained.

"That man just vomited blood and died!"
"That's the will of God!"
"That man just fell down to the ground and shook!"
"That's the will of God!"
"That woman just had a deaf child!"
"That's a punishment from God!"

Give some credit to humans. You act as humans are lowly and worthless, worshiping an all knowing. Pathetic. Honestly, do you think anybody can have a such big ego, that he needs to be worshiped 24/7?

Morals does not come from Bible. Go and actually read it. Morals, much as you might hate to hear the word, came to us through evolution. The survival of the fittest. If a person goes around killing people, that doesn't help his chances of reproducing or in getting a big slab of meat for dinner. People will be afraid of him or there'll be a lack of them around. That killer will eventually die childless from starvation. The moment that he dies he has failed his goal in life- to survive (himself or through children). Through thousand of years, those morals are embedded into our genes (since the people that didn't go around killing survived). It allows people to survive to make bunch of babies and stay alife.

Consider how many gods there was before your god. Greeks and Romans had tens of gods and there's plenty of dead religions with countless gods of their own too. I'm sure most of you look back, and think "Oh, that wasn't the real god. This one is!" If their god isn't the right one, then what makes YOUR god right? I'm sure that within centuries, people will look back to your religion and laugh. Just like what we are are doing with those dead religions. Consider why you reject all other gods and you'll understand why I reject your god too.

*ahem* Ok, I'm done. I just made an account to post on this topic. I thought I'd might get a good debate out of it. Little did I know that I'd run into Bible wackers.

Last edited:
I agree with you, angel. Its good thing to know God even better and challenge and experienced and study and more to learn, in Christ you begin to enlighten and notice something doesn't seem right bec only the Holy Spirit guide me to see and learn from that. I do forgive. And ahaha, I'm similar, I don't stuff Bible on peoples throat either, bec that's not how Jesus teaches us that. And many couldn't get the idea what the Bible is saying. Yeah, we do stand firm what we believe. That's make you stronger. The battle goes on. Against spirtual darkness that is. :)

ForCatholics/Christians, Jesus is considered the Son of God, and represents love.

For Muslims, I understand he is thought of as a prophet.

For those who are non-Christian, Jesus is a historical person who had a message to do unto others as you would have done unto you.

Either way, I don't think anyone could be hurt living this particular message.

As for miracles, we all wish we could have miracles in our lives, but if we did, our full character couldn't be developed to it's fullest because through pain people become stronger and more capable. If anything we learn what our limitations mentally, emotionally and physically are during challenging times. That's when people know when to ask for help, and when other people can give help to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back