If you're deciding on a CI or decided not to get one

even after seeing my video?

Well, maybe not a girl, but it is pretty obvious that he sees you as one of the "weaker" members of society. Maybe "sissy" would have been a better word choice. :lol: And himself as one of the stronger. That seems to be transfered to every thing he tries to say.:giggle:

He's just plain rude has been since he started posting the same shit over and over again. Just because someone is deaf doesn't mean they hear absolutely nothing, get over yourself and what YOU'VE experienced...just because that's what you, DrPhil, has experienced doesn't mean everyone else has..i identify as deaf and i can still hear stff..just not well stop trying to push ur garbage at ppl and don't be so rude learn some manners

Ron most persons considering an Cochlear Implant want to "recapture" what they heard previously and don't now. You brought this fact out well.
Oddly enough my ENT doctor-St Michael clinic for about 8 years didn't believe a Cochlear implant would make any difference in my life-notwithstanding JennyBs assertions on doctors. Sometimes-life turns different. He was on holidays when I became bilaterally deaf in Dec/06. I was seen by the head department-who immediately referred to me Sunnybrook.The operation by Dr J Chen took place on July 12, 2007.Right- fairly quick!
Like you I heard almost right away- even when to singles 3 days after activation-weird sounds to say the least. The next day was remapped!Wild crack: dances are Cochlear Implant exercise: loud music with trying to hear quiet people voices at the same time.
Unlike you I didn't access Google on Implants as the only detailed information I had was a Cochlear Corporation booklet dealing with the entire operation. Actually never heard of Advanced Bionics or Med El.
Ron much thought was written on your experiences and should be of assistance to inquiring persons in the future.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Ron most persons considering an Cochlear Implant want to "recapture" what they heard previously and don't now. You brought this fact out well.
Oddly enough my ENT doctor-St Michael clinic for about 8 years didn't believe a Cochlear implant would make any difference in my life-notwithstanding JennyBs assertions on doctors. Sometimes-life turns different. He was on holidays when I became bilaterally deaf in Dec/06. I was seen by the head department-who immediately referred to me Sunnybrook.The operation by Dr J Chen took place on July 12, 2007.Right- fairly quick!
Like you I heard almost right away- even when to singles 3 days after activation-weird sounds to say the least. The next day was remapped!Wild crack: dances are Cochlear Implant exercise: loud music with trying to hear quiet people voices at the same time.
Unlike you I didn't access Google on Implants as the only detailed information I had was a Cochlear Corporation booklet dealing with the entire operation. Actually never heard of Advanced Bionics or Med El.
Ron much thought was written on your experiences and should be of assistance to inquiring persons in the future.

Apparently, he was addressing the situation from a holistic perspective. And it appears he was correct.:cool2:

Apparently, he was addressing the situation from a holistic perspective. And it appears he was correct.:cool2:

Gotta hand it to you.. You sure are persistent in your way's of making bad assement's on peoples lives!

Tell me: How did DrPhil's life improve from pre-ci to post-ci if you know that is a bad assessment?

Tell me how it didn't.. In my case my communication that I chose to take improved lot's with my CI. Which is a part of my life. I could assume that that would be a way of ones life improving. Not debating that there are other forms of communication. But I can clearly see how that would improve ones life rather than standing by and not being able to communicate in the way a person is most comfortable with.

Tell me how it didn't.. In my case my communication that I chose to take improved lot's with my CI. Which is a part of my life. I could assume that that would be a way of ones life improving. Not debating that there are other forms of communication. But I can clearly see how that would improve ones life rather than standing by and not being able to communicate in the way a person is most comfortable with.

Everything he does with his life is now revolved around his CI - He thinks about it, and says he's DEAF while nobody else is.

I don't think thats pretty healthy. If a CI was like the awesomeness people put it out to be - he simply wouldnt be here posting about it.

Really..If the CI was cure-all, people wont be posting here, people will be in the society just like the other people. But there is SOMETHING in between the lines that is causing an issue - even his ENT doctor said he wouldnt benefit.... and as of now I don't see much benefit it giving him other than benefiting the Sunnybrook team for endless advert.

It just makes one wonder.

That is the key part of this. I am most comfortable with ASL. I have oral skills, and use them daily, but ASL is what fits me best. I can work in any hearing job but at the end of the day when I go out with friends I want it to be an ASL environment. For this reason I have no need or desire for a CI.

HOWEVER - those who are most comfortable with English, who want to communicate that way all the time - a CI is an awesome decision.

And even having said that I know many ASL user's with CI's too. It is up to the individual and their comfort level.

That was a good post, Deaffy!

Everything he does with his life is now revolved around his CI - He thinks about it, and says he's DEAF while nobody else is.

I don't think thats pretty healthy. If a CI was like the awesomeness people put it out to be - he simply wouldnt be here posting about it.

Really..If the CI was cure-all, people wont be posting here, people will be in the society just like the other people. But there is SOMETHING in between the lines that is causing an issue - even his ENT doctor said he wouldnt benefit.... and as of now I don't see much benefit it giving him other than benefiting the Sunnybrook team for endless advert.

It just makes one wonder.
Please. Don't judge other CI users by what DrPhil posts. :doh:

Gotta hand it to you.. You sure are persistent in your way's of making bad assement's on peoples lives!

Why would addressing a situation from a holistic perspective be bad? I didn't make a judgement at all. I made an observation of a perspective used by a doctor. You are the one that places that "good" vs "bad" judgement value on everything.

Gotta hand it to you. You sure are consistent in misunderstanding my posts.

Lot of assumptions going on there. Improvement is subjective. You are assuming that your idea of improvement is everyone's idea of improvement.

And since you have no knowledge of pre and post ci circumstances in this person's life; particularly those that are not directly related, as in holistic, you are simply making a guess based on your experience.

In sort, you are making an assessment without having sufficient knowledge of the individual to do so. Sound familiar?

More Alice in Deafland> I am BILATERALLY DEAF SINCE December 20, 2006. This will not change. My doctor then was comparing an Implant to my using the Phonak LL6 with a 85 db loss plus no hearing in my right ear. The situation obviously changed December 20, 2006. He knew the then criteria of the Ontario government paying for the entire Implant operation required one be DEAF IN both ears. This has been changed recently to Profound level which is 85 db.I know can't go back and get an Implant-correct?
Gee don't lets facts get in way!
I am not longer involved with St Michaels ENT-though still in their Family practice section but Sunnybrook/ cochlear Implant section. All Implant decisions are made by Sunnybrook upon through review of one's entire ENT file which in my case including Cdn Hearing Society/Toronto extensive file from my taking Hearing Help courses. In actual fact I knew I easily fit the criteria subject to Xray/scan results. Tumours/cancer etc. In the end the operation happened.
How important is hearing in ones' life?
Jillio your above post-34- surely applies ispo facto to you-pontification on persons you NEVER met-correct?
As for the drivel of pFH hardly worth the effort to point out the number of errors of HIS gross misreading.

LoveBlue: a minor quibble: my swimming DOESN'T involved my Cochlear Implant-not water proof.

Last edited:
drphil is your computer functioning ok? you have not answer my question about having double posts? just curious.

LoveBlue: a minor quibble: my swimming DOESN'T involved my Cochlear Implant-not water proof.
So why do you bring up your swimming so much if it doesn't have anything to do with your CI? More drivel on your part.

Back