If you were me, Would you report ?

I will reply all of you back when I will have a chance.

She said, We back home safe and I found out that why did you call them for? I heard alot problem with my mother when we were on cruise. What is going on? Everything is ok now, we had straight out.

She sounds piss off at me. I better back off and focus on my own family and life.

HUH...... (confused)

That's what the woman, that came back from the cruise, said to kalista.... she was showing what the lady said to her.

Kalista said "She sounds piss off at me. I better back off and focus on my own family and life."

I was confuse "did the state gave kids back to her OR Kalista said she need to back off and focus on her family and life?"

I was not sure---- Until I got it clear as crystal lake...

Kalista said "She sounds piss off at me. I better back off and focus on my own family and life."

I was confuse "did the state gave kids back to her OR Kalista said she need to back off and focus on her family and life?"

I was not sure---- Until I got it clear as crystal lake...

the first paragraph is what the lady said to kalista... the last one.. kalista was speaking for herself that the lady sounds pissed off at her and need to back off..

the first paragraph is what the lady said to kalista... the last one.. kalista was speaking for herself that the lady sounds pissed off at her and need to back off..

Ok, thanks so much! You cleared it up for me. Guess I am very detail and need to twitched ASL in my mind LOL...

Thanks RebelGirl..:ty:

I miss it out in here thread but I am totally agreed with everyone that Kasilta is RIGHT THINGS!

They aren't responsibility for their children provide need.. Offically parent are selfish anyway!
If I were them.. I will not leave until Unless I must find good provider babysitter adult only whoever I trusted with... The babysitter will be provide them foods and warming clothing everything and also provide emergency contact with my parent or in laws... Or... My parent or in laws who can take care of my children while we are gone vacation. Will be always contact me through my pager in case emergency needed.. We can go vacation that important for children needs a placed kept warm that important key..

but I"m surprised they aren't thinking about their loving children and leave them.

Oh Yeah I am very totally agreed with you. I would not leave the kids alone in home that is no way! Kids are must come first than vacations or take the kids with parents on vacations :)

Well, I disagree with all of you. You should not rat on your best friends. Who care about boys and grandmother!!!

Do you think I will say that? OF COURSE NOT!! You did the right thing by having law enforcement involve in this.

I already report to CPS on my long distant cousin 3 years ago in Christmas because everytime, she got money, she blew it on lottery and her 6 years old boy was so freeze by wearing short and tight t-shirt and strave. That made me upset. So I took him in and dressed him warm clothes and feed him a load of eggo. Then I told him that I am going to call CPS and have them take care of him. He said ok becasue he was tired of being neglected. So CPS came and took report on it. Police arrested my cousin and I called my aunt about him. SO my aunt took him in as her guardian that made her so happy to see him since he was baby. So Today, my aunt and boy are doing great. So you did the right thing. Smile

Oh that bad to hear that but now the boy are doing great whew. That is so wrong what your cousin doing that. Glad you took boy with you then now he is with aunt :)

Wha... luxury they are having good time.. ? Just wait until They will arrive home and big break their hearts out for no kids around and seeing business card (DSS)

Give them huge Sh/t for sure..

Kalista, you will not do anything as long just step back netural.. If they are trying to harrasing you... Only the way ticket, call police to have them stay away from you as long they are not wake up smell the coffee and took their vacation first place and leaving the two young children as home alone..

Not you or else problem.. Their own hands gonna tied up problem.

Probably, They are in shocked! and no kids like where is the kids I guess :dunno: hope 2 boys are doing fine :)

You did the right thing by calling DSS. did the boys go somewhere else do you know?

this is a true story... this happened 4 years ago, i think, in my hometown

there was 3 little kids.. at the age of 10, 7, and 5 living in an apartment. the mother dressed them up really good and told them that she would be back later. So the 3 kids stayed home. 6 days went by. the mother never came home. So the grandmother decided to go check on the boys and the mother to see if they're okay since the grandmother hasn't heard from them. the grandmother had an extra key so she comes in, all the lights were off. She found that the power has been cut off. as she called out to the grandkids and daughter, no response. the grandmother decided to check the bedrooms.. as she opened the bedroom, the oldest was "asleep" on the floor. There was no beds! They were basically sleeping on the floor with a pillow and blanket. so the grandmother goes and wakes him up. He was dead. she goes and checks the other 2 rooms.. the 7 year old was in his room.. dead.. 5 year old in his room... dead. :( so the grandmother calls 911.

the coroner said the 3 boys were laid on their back and had their arms perfectly set on the sides and their hands on the belly. as if someone had done that. so the autopsy ran. weeks went by. of course.. the mother was with her "boyfriend" and never came home. so they arrested the mother for murder.

so for the autopsy.. the boys died of starvation and hypothermia (froze from the cold)

Kalista.. you did the right thing. You followed your heart and you definitely did the right thing. Especially the 3 year old is just too young to be left for a week at home without the parents and let alone a 15 year old babysitting the 3 year old. well, of course the grandmother was there. but she's 70!!!! Its just so wrong.

OMG!!! when I read this and it got me like this *GASP!!!* with goosebump that 3 kids are already died poor this little kids without mom while the mother is gone out with her boyfriend.

*goose bump* story... :tears:

Your story remind me of few years back thru the news.

A single mother prepared with full of foods and drink at her 2 toddlers´ bedroom and then lock them and went off for 2 weeks vacation with her boyfriend without ask anyone for watch them...

The neighbor heard the cries and thought it´s normal cries... ignored it.... it continue cries and cries and then quite.... no more cries... Neigbor suddenly remember that she haven´t see the mother around for weeks and it could be something happeend to her in the apartment? No answer so she called police to check... No answer, so they are force to break the door and found 2 toddlers dead with fifly foods and drink everywhere... Where´s mother? Nobody know... so they check with airports... They found her name on the list and got security to arrest her when she come home from her vacation. They arrested her... The mother cried and said that she do not intend to make them suffer to death that´s why she prepared plenty of foods and drink, toys, etc. then they can eat for whole 2 weeks and lock the door for their safety... She is wrong... She said nobody watch them not even Grandparent because she has no contact with them... :tears: She should take her toddlers with her to vacation instead of pleasure vacation with her boyfriend.

Ohhh mother locked them up and gone for 2 weeks? that is soooo WRONGFUL! should not leave the foods, drink and toys for them .. if She cant contact to watch them then dont go for 2 weeks till she find a babysitting to watch her kids then go for away. but poor this kids

Couples are my best friends of mine, they went on Deaf Cruise this week! I had so strange feelings. Andrew (my beloved husband) guide me to drive down to their house instead of grocery shopping. I arrived their house and saw older son approach me when I drove onto the driveway. He was so upset because their parents did not pay the electricity and gas for the heat.

I was perplexed because I never understand why would my friends do this to their two boys. Naturally, I was very furious because I am a mother of two boys. I do not raise like that to my two sons to pay the bills on time. Older son was so upset because the fridge was not on for two days due to rotten the food, milk, etc... The boys ages are 15 yrs old and 3 years old. I saw my friend's mother (from south). I am so suprised, she did not report or contact with police or DSS for assistance at all for two days. I contact my son for his advice, he came over to talk with this woman to find out why she did not call police or anyone for help.

Other friend of this couple, my son and I figure out for two hours to make this woman (friend's mother) and two boys to go someone else (relatives's place). The lady refuse to take our advice. I said, okay.. it is your choice to leave this house to stay with someone else's house who has the heat, electricity and food or we will call hotline Neglect Department Social Services. The lady was extremeley upset and called police. Three polices came over and told us to leave. The police said, the children and lady need to leave the house that night if not they will contact DSS.

I really hate to get involve under this circumstance. I know, my best friends couple will hate me and other people. I am protected two children than adults. I don't understand why they spend $5,000 dollars on Deaf Cruise instead of pay other bills.

They spent thousand dollars on Quixter business too like travel rent car, hotel, new clothes, etc... They use children's social security checks 780 dollars per month to spend on other things instead of children.

It is really DISGUSTED what kind of parents they are... Oh gosh, other lady, my son and I really PISSED off at them... It breaks my heart to see two boys sit in dark, cold and rotten food for two days...

Did we right thing to contact the school and DSS ? Would you report on your best friends if they treat their children improperly ?

You did the right thing,this is a sad story.

Wow. Kalista, I think you did the right thing even though this may cost your your friendship with those parents. I can't believe they did this to their own kids.

She said, We back home safe and I found out that why did you call them for? I heard alot problem with my mother when we were on cruise. What is going on? Everything is ok now, we had straight out.

I replied her back... You will have to ask your sister. We are very disappointed in you and your husband. I have no comment any further. I am surprised, you did not even thanks of our thoughtful of your boys for their Trick or Treat on Halloween.

She sounds piss off at me. I better back off and focus on my own family and life.

Let DSS and court take care of her family.

piss off? :eek3: I am total speechless... *shake my head*

Thanks for your interpreter. ;) Don't send a bill to me to charge me. :run:

I got a call from a lady who was with me on Halloween evening. She spoke with that couple who return home from the Deaf Cruise. A mother of two boys, she did fax a doctor note to the electricity company to not shut it off because her sons have an asthma require to using the electricity. I am surprise that they left for 11 days as their children have serve health condition. Obviously, her mother (grandmother) of two boys had no common sense to walk next the house for help to use the phone to contact someone like friends or relatives to pick her grandsons up to warmer house with electricity and food.

That makes no sense to us. We perplexed because the electric company sounds fed up with them because they owe $1,800 dollars since summer. They made a good income (middle class income).

(Their other best friend) - A single father was pissed off because they used his credit card without his permission to purchase the wedding flowers and also owe him $14,000 dollars. He is their best friend too. I was so stunned to find out more about those couples. I can’t imagine what would Andrew reacts when he finds this out more if he is around with us. Andrew would be very furious with his best friend (father of two boys).

It has been bother us a lot because grandmother just sat on the chair for almost three days with no heat, electricity and rotten food. We did spoke with Department Social Service (DSS). They will keep in touch with this family within few weeks. They need to investigation with school, neighbors and landlord, etc… We do not know what the social worker would do with the boys. Our concern is about the boys go to many babysitters while they are on IBO business trip and meetings. Travel expense is awful expensive.

The boys are more priority than Quixter business. It is none of our business but they are my best friends as we know their children very well.

We become lost respect them due to selfish and neglect of their children. That is why, I fed up with them. I want to move on with my life and focus with my family. I do not deserve to worry about them. Let DSS and court take care of the family.

Andrew is always with me and sons.

I got a call from a lady who was with me on Halloween evening. She spoke with that couple who return home from the Deaf Cruise. A mother of two boys, she did fax a doctor note to the electricity company to not shut it off because her sons have an asthma require to using the electricity. I am surprise that they left for 11 days as their children have serve health condition. Obviously, her mother (grandmother) of two boys had no common sense to walk next the house for help to use the phone to contact someone like friends or relatives to pick her grandsons up to warmer house with electricity and food.

That makes no sense to us. We perplexed because the electric company sounds fed up with them because they owe $1,800 dollars since summer. They made a good income (middle class income).

(Their other best friend) - A single father was pissed off because they used his credit card without his permission to purchase the wedding flowers and also owe him $14,000 dollars. He is their best friend too. I was so stunned to find out more about those couples. I can’t imagine what would Andrew reacts when he finds this out more if he is around with us. Andrew would be very furious with his best friend (father of two boys).

It has been bother us a lot because grandmother just sat on the chair for almost three days with no heat, electricity and rotten food. We did spoke with Department Social Service (DSS). They will keep in touch with this family within few weeks. They need to investigation with school, neighbors and landlord, etc… We do not know what the social worker would do with the boys. Our concern is about the boys go to many babysitters while they are on IBO business trip and meetings. Travel expense is awful expensive.

The boys are more priority than Quixter business. It is none of our business but they are my best friends as we know their children very well.

We become lost respect them due to selfish and neglect of their children. That is why, I fed up with them. I want to move on with my life and focus with my family. I do not deserve to worry about them. Let DSS and court take care of the family.

Andrew is always with me and sons.

WOW..............How can it make any sense to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and know that you owe the electric company $1,800? Those people do not deserve to have children!!!!!!

WOW..............How can it make any sense to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and know that you owe the electric company $1,800? Those people do not deserve to have children!!!!!!
I don't get it either how can they spend $$$$$$$$ on crusie and we can not afford to go on cruise oursleves. I ponder on this one.

Good god! And she's pissed because you called the cops to help her children??

These two idiots need to be taken out back and shot in the head to put them out of their misery. (The parents of the neglected boys)

Who in the hell even allows their electric bill to reach $1,800?!?! I can understand if you get behind for one month due to a serious circumstance, but this is clearly omission on the parents part.

IF you cant pay for the basic necessities, please please don't have children.

This upsets me because I am a single mom and Im poor enough that I do not even have my own house but yet I am working a full time job. And I am doing everything I can to provide for my daughter. And you have people that are middle class income that have their own house and children but yet refuse to pay for the basics and yet they go splurge on a cruise for themselves.

We'll see how luxurious their lives are when they are given only the basics in prison.

What? It doesn't make any sense at all..

First of all, Electric Company doesn't mind about sick note but overdue late bill- they have right to shut off because they need money to pay bills.....

Second of all, over thousand dollar doesn't make any sense at all if they go to cruise. That made me think about this. If they go to cruise therefore they won't pay electric:pissed: bill as they are saving money for that luxury cruise. Dumb!

I do not approve two stupid couples want have their own luxury and have good time to go out cruise and not paid for hydro cost bill $1,800 bux... btw too bad be tough.. The hydro company have to rights discounted the electric.. without payments since arrears amount.

Why can't they have to pay little payments every two wks or so..? whatever negotiation but didn't go for it.. Their problem.. I'm glad you did right thing and contact DSS and taken two children away from parents which they are gone vacation..

Your hands are not going focus them.. let them go and their own problematic... as long you have not worry about them...

Honey !
You would have been negligent if you did not report it. What if something really bad happened and you did nothing? Could you have lived with yourself? The couple were too busy thinking about themselves and not their kids. I think God placed you there to fix that...... God and your sweet husband are always on your side.
In Louisiana, if you did not report it ...it would have been a crime.
Thanks for caring ! deputy susie

I agree not reporting dangerous situations for children is a crime. And you can be charged with such, if proven that you had knowledge of it and did nothing.

I can understand getting behind in electric bills but not so you can go on some dumb cruise.

Going on that cruise costed way more than the 1,800 dollar electric bill. So right there proves an ability to pay that bill. It is people like them that make me sick. They take advantage of the system, by trying to get doctors notes to keep from being shut off so they can go on a cruise? They can save that more than 1,800 to go on the cruise?

I have had my electricity shut off more than once over the years. But never because I could afford to pay and chose not to for something fun. They give people who honestly do struggle a bad name.

I hope DSS does something about them. Even if they had to borrow to go on the cruise, they could have borrowed instead to pay off that bill.

I couldn't afford to go on the cruise this year. But did I neglect my bills so that I could? Hell no! And if I had, I would fully expect to be reported for it.

For that woman to be mad at you, it just shows that she knows she was in the wrong and didnt like it being brought to light.

SMH at what these people are doing to their own children in today's day and age.

And for someone that said if you can't afford children, then dont be having them. You have to remember that there were some people that had children in a better time financially. Not everyone dreams of having kids no matter what.

I know for a fact that when I had children, both my husband and I *boyfriend at the time* had very good jobs. We brought in plenty of money at the time. But things happened and we dont have those good jobs anymore. Many people had good jobs and faced lay offs, closures of businesses and such. Try not to be so judgemental about people *having kids they cant afford*. You dont always know the true story there.

Back