If you were me, Would you report ?

you did right thing... as long children need safety, provide foods and living stable..

Why can't they provide them? They are being selfish themselves and not doing for their children needs.. That Absurd!

I have to agree with Shel90 to report the neglect of the children while the parents are on the cruise trip. The parents and the children really need family counseling or see the family social worker about taking care of their kids and why they are so interest in going on the cruise and not think about what need to take care of their kids plus having their grandmother to look after them. Being a parent is a very difficult job and it is hard for a parents to learn how to take care of them, especially when the children are growing older. You did the right thing to report in time of crisis and the old lady who is 70 probably does not know what to do while they are gone. I am glad she call the police when she got upset. Also I am wondering why did the old lady take the children home with her and wait for the parents to come home and take care of the bills, eh? That is something I don't understand. :dunno:

Wait until they come back from the cruise and find out what their explaination is...Alot of explainations could come to mind when one's electricty goes off.

Maybe they DID pay the bills but something got screwed up it happened to my neighbors before.

I've gotten a electricty bill that wasn't mine before its so screwed up.

CHILDREN DO COME FIRST, They should have had someone check up on the kids since the 15 yr old does seem old enough to babysit for the week.

You absolutely did the right thing Kalista! I'm proud of you for taking action to help these 2 children.:hug:

Those parents have no right to be upset with anyone but themselves. They are the ones that chose their fun over the needs of their children.

Rumors abound; Lifesaver or Bitch

I believe strongly that a 15 year old is not, by any way, old enough nor mature to babysit for a week.

I am of the opinion that a parent/guardian, as much as possible, should be on the premises (the home) for the majority of the day.

By parent/guardian, I mean an 18-year old or older AND, at least, intelligent enough to make mature decisions.

Examples:
A 15-year old watching the siblings while parent/s are at work seems reasonable (since the parent would ALWAYS be accessible).

A 15-year old watching the siblings for a week while the parent/s are not reachable is SHOCKING!

Conclusion:
Now, if this is true, Kalista, word will definitely get around. You might be unpopular or others might be suspicious of why you're hanging around. Just be yourself, Kalista, and who cares what people think?

You were right. You made a responsible decision when the boys and their grandmother could not.

No one could say that you did not care. Many can say the parents didn't.

(Please let me know what happens when they return!)

That is really sad that parents do that to their children for their own selfish pleasure. 5,000$ + for trip??? Wow, they could have easily budgeted better and still pay for neccecities, or even pass on trip, or just do cheaper vacation. Maybe this is not the first time this happen? I feel you were justified with your anger and notifying DSS. An adults anger at you for doing this is only from somebody pointing out their neglect. Make them defensive because they know what they do is wrong.

huggs Kalista...

I went through few things like that with friends.. its hard..
but think about what you did right thing thats all matters.. Kids will grow up and look up on you!.. they will thank you in future.. even will repay you with greater love. hang in there..

It was breaking my heart, a 15 years old boy cried... No Nooo... when a police came over to take him away from the house.. He said, Please let me stay at your place with you. My older son and I were grief and emotional. We tried to staying boundary draw the line between unfit parents and best friends.. I would choice children... It was very painful for me to see older boy leave the home. I have known him for years... :cry:

He hugged and cried over my shoulder...

SO sad to see my best friends who are the parents so irresponsible and putting the health and welfare of helpless children in danger. WORSE is being so selfish taking a vacation for themselves and leaving hungry cold and dark in the house for the children to suffer.

We absolutely did the right thing... and maybe also approach a local church
or food pantry for a temporary measure for the KIDS.

I could not keep this situation off my mind, it was extremely shocked to see the children stayed in cold and dark. A 3 years old boy played with the toys and smile face when I came in the house. It broke my heart. Three polices came over and shocked to see the boy play the toy on the floor with flasher light. The house degree was 40's.

My older son is ready to be furious and yell at two parents when they will come home from Deaf Cruise. I told him, let it go as DSS, School and Court will take care of the parents and children. My son has enough go through grief with his step-Dad passed away a year ago today. He performed CPR on my beloved husband, he died front of him.

We had a difficult year since November 2, 2006... Now We see two children in suffer, we have to do something for them...

We never understand why, grandmother did not go over next house for help to call relatives, friends or police when her cell phone did not work due to battery charge low with no electricity. I find this lame no excuse... It makes me so furious with grandmother who took care of this two boys when two parents are gone for cruise October 26th to November 5th...

I have enough to typing this... It makes me so furious and mix emotional ...

That is really sad that parents do that to their children for their own selfish pleasure. 5,000$ + for trip??? Wow, they could have easily budgeted better and still pay for neccecities, or even pass on trip, or just do cheaper vacation. Maybe this is not the first time this happen? I feel you were justified with your anger and notifying DSS. An adults anger at you for doing this is only from somebody pointing out their neglect. Make them defensive because they know what they do is wrong.

We did try try try to help those parents to not spend on Quixter business trip, hotel, workshop and order products worth 300 dollars to earn 100PV point... I am a member of Quixter too, I do not attend any conference or workshop trip. It is awful expensive to spend on trip expense, writing off tax but stilll ... Look at debts increase and hurtful those children.

The parents did not listen to me. Now, they are into big messy when they will come home from vacation. Social Worker, Police and interpreter will be at the door to search into the house with landlord's key which is court order.

I can not read this anymore. I never let anyone babysat my boys when they were small so I do not know how their parents left them alone for a week. I couldn't.

They aren't responsibility for their children provide need.. Offically parent are selfish anyway!
If I were them.. I will not leave until Unless I must find good provider babysitter adult only whoever I trusted with... The babysitter will be provide them foods and warming clothing everything and also provide emergency contact with my parent or in laws... Or... My parent or in laws who can take care of my children while we are gone vacation. Will be always contact me through my pager in case emergency needed.. We can go vacation that important for children needs a placed kept warm that important key..

but I"m surprised they aren't thinking about their loving children and leave them.

They aren't responsibility for their children provide need.. Offically parent are selfish anyway!
If I were them.. I will not leave until Unless I must find good provider babysitter adult only whoever I trusted with... The babysitter will be provide them foods and warming clothing everything and also provide emergency contact with my parent or in laws... Or... My parent or in laws who can take care of my children while we are gone vacation. Will be always contact me through my pager in case emergency needed.. We can go vacation that important for children needs a placed kept warm that important key..

but I"m surprised they aren't thinking about their loving children and leave them.

We did try try to page those parents while they are in south islands. Their blackberry pager could not receive our messages. Social Worker will show up at their house on Monday with an interpreter. I believe, the children are currently staying in safe place.

A mother's grandmother from North Carolina - she stayed with those children for ten days. I never understand why she has no common sense to walk next the house for help. Why why she sat in dark and cold almost three days !! A 15 years old boy has go to school and practice football team. He can't take those burden responsibility to take care of his younger brother (3 yrs old). It was not fair for him. He did express to us, " Why Why my mother screw us up while she gone on cruise for ten days? " He cried and hugged me really tight. It broke my heart and burst my tears over him...

I can not read this anymore. I never let anyone babysat my boys when they were small so I do not know how their parents left them alone for a week. I couldn't.

Grandmother was with two boys. She has no COMMON sense... !!!

oh wow! they are not even back from vacation then?!

They will be back on November 5 which is on Monday the holiday for columbus day. Oh brother. They are not gotta be too happy to find something like this since they have gone having fun and feeling good and then bang big surprise and down the hill they go. This is truley sad day for everyone in the house.

Kalista, :hug: and post update for us.

They will be back on November 5 which is on Monday the holiday for columbus day. Oh brother. They are not gotta be too happy to find something like this since they have gone having fun and feeling good and then bang big surprise and down the hill they go. This is truley sad day for everyone in the house.

Kalista, :hug: and post update for us.

Columbus' s Day was October 8th Monday. It is my 2nd year wedding anniversary.

Columbus' s Day was October 8th Monday. It is my 2nd year wedding anniversary.

and after his mother's birthday...

Kalista.. You did the RIGHT THING by reporting. you were very *caring* to kids!!
If I see that at one of my friend's house.. I could report on them.. it is not right to leave a 15 and 3 yrs old and a 70 yrs old *elder* is also neglect too. It's such a shame of them to do that to three of them!

:( hope these kids and the elder is taken care real good and I HOPE these powers off were errors I JUST hope it was errors!

Keep us post :)

Oh no, I am shocked to read this - I feel sorry for the 2 boys.
Unbelievable!!:eek3:

Yes, I would dob on them.

----------------------------

I hope the Captain of the Deaf Cruiser aware of this, and inform the selfish parents to know that their children are taken into care, and provide them a dinky boat to travel back home to face the music!!! ---- Shame on them!!!:giggle:

Kalista, this is just a heartbreaking situation. It has to be hard for you, too, since you have known those chidlren for so long, and then have to watch their sadness. It brought tears to my eyes to read about the 15 year old hugging you and crying. You are a strong woman, because it is harder to do the right thing sometimes. I know this has been very difficult for you, but you can know in your heart that you did what needed to be done to protect those kids. If it happened this time, it would happen again, and the kids certainly don't deserve to be neglected like that. Someone had to step up and do what was right for the kids, and you are the brave and loving person who took that responsibility. You deserve big hugs and thank yous!

Here is a big :hug: to you for doing the right thing.

I cant believe it has been a year since Andrew passed away..already:? Here is another :hug: Hope u are doing well.

Back