If you could...

deafbajagal

Reaction score
If you could be a child again for one day, what would you do?

I had a dream last night about one of my favorite childhood memories...my two little sisters and I were swimming in a creek at dusk. I wish I could relive that day one more time.

There was a utility pole by our driveway with metal spikes coming out. I don't know if electric or telephone, but I used to climb to the top and survey the neighborhood.

I don't know why my parents didn't stop me, but it was a great feeling.

The list would be endless: but spending a loooong day with my grandma and bake cookies! :D One day is too short though :laugh2:

JamieLynn

I still behave like a child sometimes. Every time I stop at a park, I can't resist getting on the swings and swinging as high as I can go. :)

I can think of a million memories that I would love to re-live. I can think of one that would be fun and wild is when my aunt and uncle took my 2 cousins and me to see Shaun Cassidy:naughty: in concert. It was my first concert at age 6 or 7 can't remember but we were very young.

I still behave like a child sometimes. Every time I stop at a park, I can't resist getting on the swings and swinging as high as I can go. :)

I do that too! :wave: And then I even beg my bf to push me if I am too lazy... and he's like :roll: Then I'm like What???? along with a very innocent :D - I know he can't resist ;)

:giggle: JamieLynn

My First bicycle ride without the training wheels. (Oh what a feeling of accomplishment.)

Being small enough to cuddle in my mothers lap. (Always a soothing feeling.)

Those are just a couple.

Swing across the monkey bars like I used to do during my elementary years. I get blisters all the time, it hurts like hell.

If I could - I'd want to go back and play in the sandbox again to build some sand castles and stuffs like that.

Oh and yeah - I gotta play with my barbie dolls! Hehe! :)

one of the best memories, catch small wild animals and scare the hell out of grown ups. :D

Probably riding the Trans-Siberia train from Moscow to Vladvostok and playing with different kids my age. :)

There are several things that I'd love to do if I were a child again, but my primary activity would be riding my bicycle around the neighborhood. Even though I was totally blind, I could still ride my bike by using echolocation and listening to the sound of cars around me. I could also stay on the sidewalk without veering by feeling grass and the bumpy ground underneath the bike tires. One of the things I loved most about riding my bike was the freedom it gave me and the feeling of wind blowing through my hair. I really, really miss those days.

There are several things that I'd love to do if I were a child again, but my primary activity would be riding my bicycle around the neighborhood. Even though I was totally blind, I could still ride my bike by using echolocation and listening to the sound of cars around me. I could also stay on the sidewalk without veering by feeling grass and the bumpy ground underneath the bike tires. One of the things I loved most about riding my bike was the freedom it gave me and the feeling of wind blowing through my hair. I really, really miss those days.

Riding the bike reminds me: I was talking to a blind friend tonight (she is a doctoral student) who had just returned from Washington D.C. She was there advocating for accommodations on a national level for the blind. One of the points they brought up was the newer hybrids that don't make any noise at 25 mpg or less, and how dangerous that is for blind pedestrians or low vision bike riders. They were advocating that the cars be altered so they would make noise at all speeds.

Sorry for off topic.

If I could go back as a child, I would stand in the meadow in the woods and feel the breeze or wind blow into my face and hair. I just love the air in the open space. Also I do love to sit on a big rock and read my books out in the bush and the wind is always blowing through me. I even stop from reading to just listen in my head toward the horizon. It was awesome. I feel relax and happy. :D

I miss playing with my brother and sister. I still ride bikes, I still swing and climb the monkey bars (my kids love it), but I really miss the games and such me and my siblings did. I remember my brother riding his bike (he took the breaks off) down our very steep driveway and hitting smack into the trees on the other side of the road. I laughed so hard I peed my pants.

Back