If you could redo one thing in your life...

Undo my messed up feet that are being held together with metal! Who would of know, sport would damage you so badly that you've had to have 7 surgeries on each feet. I would love to be able to walk normally.

Didn't listen to that VR counselor and majored in Interior Designing instead of education.

Go back to 15 years old, and date that cute girl from grade 10 English that I rejected like a complete a-hole

I would have been much more assertive and aggressive with the tormentors of my childhood.

I would have been much more assertive and aggressive with the tormentors of my childhood.

Same with me Bot..were you bullied. also wish done someting with animals or took job i been offered years ago as museum technition,done more back packing,so many if's and ands

Same with me Bot..were you bullied. also wish done someting with animals or took job i been offered years ago as museum technition,done more back packing,so many if's and ands

Yes I was, very badly.

I would have bought my favourite motorcycle I always wanted before I lost my vestibular function. Working around that tho and looking at getting a new car this year if my illness settles down :D

That's how it will always be

arguecat.png

I would have bought my favourite motorcycle I always wanted before I lost my vestibular function. Working around that tho and looking at getting a new car this year if my illness settles down :D

You could get a trike similar to mine...see my avatar on the left......:D

Trikes are nice, but they're pretty damn pricey. :( I just can't beat the feeling of being on my bike though. :D

Undo my messed up feet that are being held together with metal! Who would of know, sport would damage you so badly that you've had to have 7 surgeries on each feet. I would love to be able to walk normally.
OOuch NaidaUP! Feet are so tough to heal right. Mine are not so bad but they do not heal for years, I turned down surgery- not enough circulation gets in parts of them. Surgery or not. The one thing on this theme of what to do different. I loved to run so much I would never say different. But I would do is what I do now... I massage them each and every day. I should have been doing it every day the last ten years. It does help. I have been using emu oil lately.
It must be so painful you are one strong woman.

This is tough. I would say not got with my ex, but I would have my kids, so maybe not that. Left him sooner? I wasted a lot of years with him. That's the funny thing about regrets, things may not have ended up being the best for you but it's what you wanted at the time.

I had a fling with a guy not long before my ex, I do wonder how things would be different if I'd pursued him, but no I don't think I'd really change any if that.

I think if I could go back I wouldn't have brushed off my hearing loss when I first started losing it in one ear. Made sure I had health insurance for all my adult life to stay on top of it. I wonder if there had been interventions if I wouldn't have become profoundly deaf.

Meh, I don't like this game really. It's water under the bridge and nothing you can change. It's a bit depressing :D

Hi Ambrosia, even if you do have good insurance they can take you on a circle of collusion between caregivers and the insurance office that leads you to having NO care and them telling you that you are mentally ill when you protest.

Water under the bridge is that but there are lessons to be learned from those choppy waters. We do not have to follow the same course over and over.

Have you started running again since the big move?

Hi Ambrosia, even if you do have good insurance they can take you on a circle of collusion between caregivers and the insurance office that leads you to having NO care and them telling you that you are mentally ill when you protest.

Water under the bridge is that but there are lessons to be learned from those choppy waters. We do not have to follow the same course over and over.

Have you started running again since the big move?

Actually I'd stopped running in SC like Mayish, changed my work out routine. But I went for a run today, 3.3 miles, so it's funny you ask. My gym is a franchise so they're here in Fort Worth, but it's 40 minutes away, one way. Ugh, I just can't justify that and I don't think I'm going to be looking in that direction for a job either. :( gotta figure out what I'm going to do there, they might not let me cancel my membership. We'll see, but the mean time I've been carb overloading at my moms, so I must run lol

What do you have for turf to run on around there? Here it is all frozen but I used to run the various hiking trails even with spikies on.

I miss running. I managed to wreck my feet for many years but by daily massage am bringing them back. The wrecked tendons and ligaments find a way to do their jobs eventually. It has been ten years now. I miss running.

I have not seen a running thread on here.

What do you have for turf to run on around there? Here it is all frozen but I used to run the various hiking trails even with spikies on.

I miss running. I managed to wreck my feet for many years but by daily massage am bringing them back. The wrecked tendons and ligaments find a way to do their jobs eventually. It has been ten years now. I miss running.

I have not seen a running thread on here.

I'm not overly fond of running, and I don't really need lots and lots of cardio (well I do right now with all the damn carbs Ive been eating) I prefer a gym, short 30 minutes on an arc trainer, easiest on my joints, and weight lifting. After I get a job I'm going to have to find an affordable gym near me.

Oh man, I would change just one thing... go back to my teens and tell my mom that the religion we are in is just another man made religion. And gone on dates, dances, prom, met variety of people to become friends with. Gone to parties, get together with family. Accepted the scholarships and gone off to university. This alone would have changed my whole life course up to now! But I guess better late than never.

If I could re-do one thing.... probably go back to grade 8 and actually use what my teachers gave me to accommodate me during school. Also, tell my stubborn self to take that Drama class in Grade 9 and go into my local Theatre and take classes.

Definitely demand to be included in sign language and deaf world/culture from early childhood.

Fuzzy

Wish I could go back in the past and take a different path from the one I chose then, but alas all paths hold their own disappontments, I would never guarantee the other option would have been infact been better. So I focus on fixing the mess, rather than hoping for a perfect adventure.

Back