If you could go back in time and talk to your younger self...

Me too..... I was a business owner at 12.... :lol: 20 yards to mow. I was loaning money to my parents by the time I was 14.... I look back at that as a positive though.

Me too...(in a positive note)...I delivered groceries for neighbors on my bicycle, which had a basket on the front & back, and babysat...cleaned apartments, a variety of odd jobs, so I could get my clothes & shoes, since being 1 of 6 siblings and my mother was a waitress. She never owned a car or drove in her life.
I knew, at an early age, that I had to work for what I wanted and needed. So, I had a strong work ethic at a young age.

Basically, I would tell my younger self to not listen to the doctors and do the research myself. Learn all I can about hearing loss and be better prepared. There had to be a way for me in a small town in a poor area do the research that should have been completed by my parents. I had a very decent childhood and had life lesson that I have learned from. I have a wonderful hubby and great kids. What more could I ask for in that area? Maybe I could have been better prepared for the way my life turned out regarding my hearing loss. That's all I would really want to change.

I would tell myself that it's ok to be the "smart girl." Nerds rule!

I could go back to 1980s so I could stayed active and ate more healthy in order to have a healthy and wonderful life ahead of myself. In addition, I could worked harder academically at Gally although the courses at my time were too easy for me to lose alot of interests.

That is point my tell you I am very changelle best empowerful hope be fun enjoy! I am hard work I want to talk to communication to happy and joy smart to men! nerd :lol:
I am smart, skills ASL, help volunteer to around alldeaf!

My younger self was not a good listener, so it would have been an exercise in futility. If I had done things so differently, I would not be who I am today--and I am not ashamed of who I am today.

If I could go back

If I could go back to my 12 year old self, I would hug her everyday,remind her
that when others make fun of her, to hold her head high, and remind her that while others may see her as odd or stupid, to remember she knows she is
smarter then all of them, and kinder then to say something to hurt another.
I would also tell her no matter what comes her way, if she loves herself, just the way she is, she will be stong enough to face anything with dignity and grace. Two words she will later understand the importance of...Midnight♥♥♥

My younger self was not a good listener, so it would have been an exercise in futility. If I had done things so differently, I would not be who I am today--and I am not ashamed of who I am today.

I'm not ashamed of who I am today, either. But still, time machines + the ability to go back in time and educate yourself = recursive self improvement, since I'm well aware that no matter how much I accept myself, I'm far from what I would identify as my self-ideal (which I can't describe in detail, but could certainly recognize sides of "improvement" or "degeneration" from my current state), and recursive self-improvement would potentially allow me to alter myself to closer approach my self-ideal.

If I could go back to 12 years old, I would stand up to teachers and outspoken. I would study Criminal Justice at RIT instead of undecided on what I should do with my life.

I would have told myself to harrass my dad about teaching me how to do home renovation projects.

I would have gone back to when I was 8-9 to that horrible day when I thought Ricardo died. I truly believe that the shock of not knowing the concept of Death to be applicable to everyone ( when I was a child I thought my friends and family didn't die. ) is what lead me to have panic attacks during the rest of my days. I have controlled it...but I wish I didn't have to. So, if I were given the opportunity to change everything since that point, I would.

I would have gone back to when I was 8-9 to that horrible day when I thought Ricardo died. I truly believe that the shock of not knowing the concept of Death to be applicable to everyone ( when I was a child I thought my friends and family didn't die. ) is what lead me to have panic attacks during the rest of my days. I have controlled it...but I wish I didn't have to. So, if I were given the opportunity to change everything since that point, I would.

Isn't that something you needed to learn eventually? Or are you a transhumanist who doesn't want to let it happen to others?

Back