If you become homeless...

Tamara's post
Miss P, I would love to ask her questions how she manage to live in a tent but I don't want to upset her!

See what Miss *P meant is YOU, she ask what YOU do if YOU become homeless.

Quote:
Miss *P's post
What would you do? If you lost everything...
and have nobody in family to help you.

wow diehardbiker65,
I admire you for that. You do SOMETHING to positive your life instead of stay being homeless longer than 3 months. It's interesting to know that you had an experience like this.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Would you live on the street and eat out of garbage cans?
Would you do crimes on purpose to go live in prison?
Would you join the mafia, gang, or something?
Would you go near shelters and seek help?
Would you be a prostitute or stripper?
Would you rob the bank, pick pocket, or mug someone?
Would you beg for money?

What would you do?

I would probably go near shelter and ask for help and beg some money. :mrgreen:
Would you?

I answer none because I would make sure that I will NEVER being homeless.

What I do IS go to social welfare service for their support few months before I know that I will lose everything because I'm doing for myself and my family's safety.

There are three kinds of homeless that I know exists. First, it is passive those who whines and complaining all the time and expect somebody to come to them and rescue them. Second is aggressive, this can be dangerous and already happened from time to time. Those is who usually end up in prison. Those first two kinds will have serious trouble getting out of homeless cycle. Especially that aggressive ones because they DO scare SH*T out of them and won't be able to get decent help after all then blame them (Sigh). Those who tend to be negative and blamers usually aggressive and they won't get help for a long time. No body likes blame games.
The attitude requirement for homeless is really assertive! And be persistant. Those two key attitudes will land you a place with roof in no time. That is why looking for job is the least of concern. Most employer wants you to have stable residence that way they know your gonna to come back to work every time as expected.

Liebling:-))) said:
See what Miss *P meant is YOU, she ask what YOU do if YOU become homeless.
I will go to Brotherhood of St Laurence or other charities organisations. :sure:

since i doubt it will ever happen to me...

I view that most homeless people are the following below
-dont ever want a job
-want to live on street and collect free money from people (mentally illness)
-are drug addict
-are alcholist (sp?)
-made a fraud and government won't give unemployment checks to people who already made a felony or fraud.

-?
-?
-?

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Would you live on the street and eat out of garbage cans?
Would you do crimes on purpose to go live in prison?
Would you join the mafia, gang, or something?
Would you go near shelters and seek help?
Would you be a prostitute or stripper?
Would you rob the bank, pick pocket, or mug someone?
Would you beg for money?

What would you do?

I would probably go near shelter and ask for help and beg some money. :mrgreen:
Would you?

why do you care? Theres homeless people all over the world, why dont you ask them to entertain yourself.

Homeless CAN happen to ANYONE regardless!!! don't get your prediction too high. Your view is way too limited, you never know what would happen in your future. Your future is NOT predictable.

There are other causes of homeless, that nobody wants to deal with. Apartment got fire, and the owner of apartment's insurance company sued you for the damage and you ended up lost everything. This can send you to homelessness easily. It already happened to friend of mine. Now she is struggling.
Others is divorce, multiple events happens at once and your become overwhelmed and can lose everything practically overnight, that part already happened to me back then. I never thought this would happen to me, but it did anyway.
Any lawsuits CAN send you to homeless!

So be careful what you say, as it might happen to you.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
since i doubt it will ever happen to me...

I view that most homeless people are the following below
-dont ever want a job
-want to live on street and collect free money from people (mentally illness)
-are drug addict
-are alcholist (sp?)
-made a fraud and government won't give unemployment checks to people who already made a felony or fraud.

-?
-?
-?

Be careful what your thinking, this applies to everybody. Sometimes charties will turn them away! That is because they are full, and can't take anymore. Did it happen? Oh yes, many times! It is NOT easy as you may think.

Tamara said:
I will go to Brotherhood of St Laurence or other charities organisations. :sure:

diehardbiker - wise word of wisdom. Be prepared - no one know what future hold for us!

ah...the stupidy...the stupidy spread around from Miss P...such HORROR! THE HORROR!!! THE HORROR!!!

Miss*Pinocchio said:

It's impossible that nobody in my family would open their arms out and help me. I have a huge family, and they are the type of people would open their arms out and help somebody.

Living on the street is no picnic, It's a dangerous world out there, People get raped, murder, robbed. I would never want to live on the street and I would hate to see anyone else living on the street too. Getting help you need is the safer way than living on the streets. You could always ask your friends who have good hearts, You could ask your family for help, You could ask a service that provide a shelter, foods and warm blanket and bed, until then you get back on your feet, getting a job and a place to live. You'll survived. Don't give up hope. ;)

Cheri said:
It's impossible that nobody in my family would open their arms out and help me. I have a huge family, and they are the type of people would open their arms out and help somebody.

Living on the street is no picnic, It's a dangerous world out there, People get raped, murder, robbed. I would never want to live on the street and I would hate to see anyone else living on the street too. Getting help you need is the safer way than living on the streets. You could always ask your friends who have good hearts, You could ask your family for help, You could ask a service that provide a shelter, foods and warm blanket and bed, until then you get back on your feet, getting a job and a place to live. You'll survived. Don't give up hope. ;)

Well said there sis!!!

Why are you asking this question? I knew few of them and none of them fit this questions u seek from us.

We have many illegal aliens here and they live under the bushes and bath in adquect and drink water from there. They were farm workers. They are dirty and hiding from the laws.

This man is homeless for many years and he comes from wealthy family. He won't go back home to them. He likes live out here because it is free and not have to work or pay bills.

I have a dear friend's brother died few years ago from liver failure from alcohol. He lied to social worker when he turned to ill and spend last few days at the hospital. He told her he does not have any family, truthfully he had 7 sisters and brother and parents who were so upset he disappeared from their life and not want to go back to them. I once saw him walked on the street in dirt rag clothes. He does not want to live a normal life.

Then we have many mentally illness people live on the street because state threw them out from hospital thanks to svp..

I'd move to Hollywood and try to make it in the movies :dance:

hehe! Dunno how Id get there - walk! 3000 miles is a long way though.

I was homeless for three years before i finally got an apartment that's my own. i can't believe ppl would look down on homelessness and actually think it's for drunks and junkies when it's just not totally true. Rent is a lot higher than it used to be 20 years ago. homelessness isnt anyone's fault and I don't find blame in anyone. It's not fun. I lived under a bridge for two years. I spent time in a homeless shelter for god knows how long. Even Redwolf helped me out. Homelessness is getting worse and it's wrong for society to ignore it and t hink ok it's for junkies and shit. it's not true. I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm the one that knows the truth. I'm not a drug addict nor am i an alocholic. This is just a question that's a little too much especially for those who have been there in the past. It's not an easy issue to discuss, especially for me.

Back