If a hearing person wanted to be your friend

why? you would have one more bewb PM sent to you :)

If F_J send one, she probably feel alot better.

We have no choice to live with hearing people so why not make friends with them? Personally, I learn more from hearing people than I do with deaf friends. Not to generalize deaf people but often most of them are either ignorant or misinformed.

I am hearing and I can say that I have quite a few deaf friends (most here on AD) and one close deaf mentor. My mentor was my ASL 1 & 2 professor in college not too long ago. I would be honored to be added to the many ASL users in America.

So its genetic?

It is not always genetic , babies born prematurely have a higher chance of being deaf ,the mother could have gotten ill during pregnancy and that could cause a baby to born deaf or HOH. My mother was told I was born HOH as she when to the zoo when she was pregnant with me ,and saw some lions .
And that cause me to be HOH!! Some one really told my mother this and they believed it, my mother LOL when she heard it.

I am hearing and I can say that I have quite a few deaf friends (most here on AD) and one close deaf mentor. My mentor was my ASL 1 & 2 professor in college not too long ago. I would be honored to be added to the many ASL users in America.

That is so FUNNY with the cat attacking it own tail! Man , I want a cat sooo
bad!!

Back