If a hearing person wanted to be your friend

yes. But can they put up with me?

btw, I have plenty of hearing friends (especially church friends).

What do you mean would they be able to put up with you?

I don't do telephones, I say "what" alot... and I mean a whole lot, I'm very quiet and rather if the hearing person does all the talking. I think it is because I don't think in words that much due to limit hearing growing up . I have visual thoughts, kinda like daydreaming, but I don't know how to express that visual thoughts in words well. I have to really think about it. Like storytelling such as what funny thing happened to me today.

Would you?

How about you , would you? All my friends are hearing . I never had a friend that HOH or deaf , I would be friend with any person if I like them. I do not judge a person for something they have no control over.

Last edited:
do you always look that angry like in your photo? If you do I would not want to try to be your friend.

Lol no it was the only one i had small enough to be a avatar. Im always smiling, people always ask if they can have what im on!

I don't do telephones, I say "what" alot... and I mean a whole lot, I'm very quiet and rather if the hearing person does all the talking. I think it is because I don't think in words that much due to limit hearing growing up . I have visual thoughts, kinda like daydreaming, but I don't know how to express that visual thoughts in words well. I have to really think about it. Like storytelling such as what funny thing happened to me today.

Im hearing and i dont do phones either! i hate them actually. I can text all day but hate talking. :P Im a daydreamer myself. You can communicate without speaking, if they dont want to take the time to get to know you they werent worth the time to begin with.

I find this to be a very weird question.....just what are you getting at?

im looking for friends that why i ask

So...ur hearing and don't have any hearing friends?....And want to make deaf friends...correct?.....
There are many hearies on this board here at AD....ur question just threw me off a little....

Dunno if you've made an introductory thread of urself....or have made any threads/posts....have you?

So...ur hearing and don't have any hearing friends?....And want to make deaf friends...correct?.....
There are many hearies on this board here at AD....ur question just threw me off a little....

Dunno if you've made an introductory thread of urself....or have made any threads/posts....have you?

she has.. somewhat.

No i have hearing friends but would like to diversify my social network and expand my life experience by learning more about other people. i have enough hearies lol

No i have hearing friends but would like to diversify my social network and expand my life experience by learning more about other people. i have enough hearies lol

Good for you....everybody should be somewhat flexible...Welcome to AD!

thanks rockin! i wish i could search for people closer to my area so i could expierce first hand how awful my asl really is haha

Back