ICSD cancels Winter Deaflympics

Ok right now, there's talks about Vancouver 2015 being cancelled and I think since Slovakia was cancelled at last minute pretty much set the trend for future Deaflympics.

Since athletes have to pay/fundraise 25% for their part of the training/flight, etc.. the government pays 75% of the other half, it's going to look really bad on everyone's part. Not just for Slovakia, it's going to be for everyone.. athletes, coaches, IOC and ICSD.

I suspect the Winter Deaflympics are much more costlier than the Summer ones if you take in the season costs.

How Slovakia handled this is shameful. I personally feel smaller countries that puts in bids for future Deaflympics shouldn't bother doing this unless they are already financially secured with the books to prove this.

My former college professor and her husband put so much stock into this; they took time off work and bought Canadian patriotic stuff to bring to Slovakia. When they learned of this, their airline tickets were non-refundable and non-transferable. They hope the agency will take heart with the situation and refund the money back to them.

They returned back to work and now are very upset about this because they follow the Deaflympics faithfully.

I think there is something to be learned from here. Travelers insurance.

For any out of country trip, I strongly recommend it.

I think there is something to be learned from here. Travelers insurance.

For any out of country trip, I strongly recommend it.

Exactly yes. I used Travelers insurance for my trip to Australia. It cost me a bit lot but it was worthy to have.

I heard about the problems in Sloavakia a year ago from a ICSD guy. The latest letter from ICSD, named "ICSD Confirms Organising Committee Failure To Deliver 17th Winter Deaflympics" is strange, as it sounds like ICSD didn't expect this. Of course, this is might a very brave and clever fraud by the Slovakian deaf mafia, but something just don't add up here.

I heard about the problems in Sloavakia a year ago from a ICSD guy. The latest letter from ICSD, named "ICSD Confirms Organising Committee Failure To Deliver 17th Winter Deaflympics" is strange, as it sounds like ICSD didn't expect this. Of course, this is might a very brave and clever fraud by the Slovakian deaf mafia, but something just don't add up here.
ICSD leadership have failed completely...

Google Translate

This sums it all up...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IblXKBTpBk]YouTube - Winter Deaflympics Scandal[/ame]

It was brought up at my work. Many are concerned that it will affect the ability to get sponsors in the future.

:slap: Not very true. Jaromir Ruda is NOT deaf, and he can't sign at all.

:slap: Not very true. Jaromir Ruda is NOT deaf, and he can't sign at all.
That explains some. Thanks for the correction.

Used the term "slovakian deaf mafia" because the whole thing is typical mafia. We got a lot of this in europe. But it was a wild guess from my side, hence the "might".

Tousi, if you watched Ridor's vlog.. Jaromir Ruda is not Deaf. He's hearing and knows minimal sign language hence the reason he had an interpreter by his side.

Tousi, if you watched Ridor's vlog.. Jaromir Ruda is not Deaf. He's hearing and knows minimal sign language hence the reason he had an interpreter by his side.

Hi, Ms Bucket! Been a while; hope you're well. Ok, If you look at that same video of Ridor's in Youtube....under the comments section, Ridor made the correction I relayed above. It was/is his spokesperson who cannot sign worth beans and Jaromir, rumored to be in the mafia, is deaf.

Hi, Ms Bucket! Been a while; hope you're well. Ok, If you look at that same video of Ridor's in Youtube....under the comments section, Ridor made the correction I relayed above. It was/is his spokesperson who cannot sign worth beans and Jaromir, rumored to be in the mafia, is deaf.

Hi Tousi, I'm doing good and enjoying my pregnancy with twins, thanks for asking. *hugs* :hug:

Oh thank you for the correction as I appreciate it. Nowadays it's just so hard to follow up on everything as energy-wise I do get tired-out easily.

Hi Tousi, I'm doing good and enjoying my pregnancy with twins, thanks for asking. *hugs* :hug:
:shock: Oh, my gosh! Well, I am certainly happy for you and your husband! I hope the pregnancy goes well. Are you worried about anything?

Again, best wishes to you two!! :hug:

Perhaps we never will know for sure if it's the mafia, because they hate attention. Would like to get rid of mafias in europe, because they make everything so incredible ineffective. Greedy politicans and business people(ICSD?) don't help much.

Back