i711 to be discontinued

Remember, Nextalk is not under FCC program, so therefore, if consumers want to use nextalk services, then they have to pay for services. The money go toward to operation, interpreters, etc. FCC is not reimbursing directly to nextalk.

I know that. I consider I might get ACCESS home edition or Compact/C TTY which it will connect the cellphone. It depends deafblind want Nextalk software or Compact/C TTY.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

just registered with Sprint's CapTel app on my iPhone, hopefully that will be a good solution for me. I can use my voice, get captioned calls... hope this works for me!

with nextalk, can you use AIM IM client?
do nextalk have AIM screenname for IP replay?

Well all this to the side, IP Relay is gone Friday, who is lying about why it is going away is hard to tell.
I tried Purples video service and the man signed to fast for the picture on the phone to show everything. I know it is my connection out here in the middle of nowhere Wyoming.
My concern is 911, they do not accept TEXT, where to from here? Text a friend to call 911, hope they answer. I have a "SPOT" but I think calling on Land Sea Rescue is a bit much.
FCC, Purple (and others) did not think this out well.
And really!! telling the FCC what was said, it is already going through a 3rd party. I hope the read and are happy to know my mammogram was ok, they can pass that along to the IRS and can count me as a tax payer for another year.

just registered with Sprint's CapTel app on my iPhone, hopefully that will be a good solution for me. I can use my voice, get captioned calls... hope this works for me!

I hope you are in an area where you get 4G (LTE) coverage because they say this on their site: "The Wireless CapTel by Sprint app requires a network connection with high enough bandwidth and low enough latency to reliably process a voice-over-IP call. It is highly recommended that use of this app be done in conjunction with connection through a 4G or Wi-Fi network. Attempting to use a 3G connection is not recommended." See www.sprintcaptel.com/wireless-captel-sprint

When it first came out they were saying it would work on a 3G connection. I tried it and the captions would come in fine but the person I was talking to would only get about every third word of what I was saying. Luckily I was able to work with a friend that was honest enough to tell me about how much it cut out.

AT&T has since expanded their network where I live and go to to the point where lack of 3G is the exception. That allowed me to start using Hamilton's version which uses simultaneous voice and data. http://www.hamiltoncaptel.com/smartphone/what_is_app.html They mention using "a Hands-free headset that works with hearing aids/cochlear implants". I use my Phonak ComPilot to connect to the phone but find the only time having the sound is a real advantage is to know when someone I have called finishes their greeting and I can then say something even if I have not finished reading what they said in order to keep them from hanging up while I read. The quality of the captions does really vary by how clearly the person on the other end speaks. That can be a matter of how they talk and/or the quality of the phone connection.

maybe that's why my Sprint CapTel calls kept disconnecting... bah. InnoCaption worked great when I tried it earlier, so I think I'll just stick with InnoCaption. Oy!

My iPhone shows LTE at the top so...??? ..... ah I don't know. All I know is I tried calling twice today with Sprint CapTel and disconnected both times as soon as the person I was calling said "Hello" oy! InnoCaption stayed connected the whole way through. How can I turn on Speaker Phone with the CapTel app? I couldn't figure it out, was easy with InnoCaption.

maybe that's why my Sprint CapTel calls kept disconnecting... bah. InnoCaption worked great when I tried it earlier, so I think I'll just stick with InnoCaption. Oy!

My iPhone shows LTE at the top so...??? ..... ah I don't know. All I know is I tried calling twice today with Sprint CapTel and disconnected both times as soon as the person I was calling said "Hello" oy! InnoCaption stayed connected the whole way through. How can I turn on Speaker Phone with the CapTel app? I couldn't figure it out, was easy with InnoCaption.

Even if your connection is constantly fast enough if it fluctuates constantly every few moments if will mess things up.

I haven't checked in awhile but my memory is that at one point mobile versions of CapTel didn't have speaker phone. My speech comprehension is such that I wouldn't use it anyway. What I DO use is have my ComPilot pared with the cell phone. I get enough sound to do what I described above and can simply hold the phone out where it is easy to read the captions with the ComPilot picking up my voice and transmitting it to the phone.

Would like to know more about InnoCaption so please keep us informed as to how it does. Also, don't be surprised if you get more questions from at least me about it!

Well all this to the side, IP Relay is gone Friday, who is lying about why it is going away is hard to tell.
I tried Purples video service and the man signed to fast for the picture on the phone to show everything. I know it is my connection out here in the middle of nowhere Wyoming.
My concern is 911, they do not accept TEXT, where to from here? Text a friend to call 911, hope they answer. I have a "SPOT" but I think calling on Land Sea Rescue is a bit much.
FCC, Purple (and others) did not think this out well.
And really!! telling the FCC what was said, it is already going through a 3rd party. I hope the read and are happy to know my mammogram was ok, they can pass that along to the IRS and can count me as a tax payer for another year.

Its been slow to get 911 texting. right now its working in (rochester ny area) monroe county in NYS. I was part of the pilot program and was invited to be there when it went online live. monroe county was the first to set up in NYS.
So - do you prefer to move to rochester area just to get 911 texting capability?

Thinking this out? I think they did. I dont think purple thought it was right and they are right to stop these services if fcc wants to be a bully like that. Do not give FCC that much power! it can go over to the VRS industry. Do you want that?!

WE THE DEAF PEOPLE!!!!

Even if your connection is constantly fast enough if it fluctuates constantly every few moments if will mess things up.

I haven't checked in awhile but my memory is that at one point mobile versions of CapTel didn't have speaker phone. My speech comprehension is such that I wouldn't use it anyway. What I DO use is have my ComPilot pared with the cell phone. I get enough sound to do what I described above and can simply hold the phone out where it is easy to read the captions with the ComPilot picking up my voice and transmitting it to the phone.

Would like to know more about InnoCaption so please keep us informed as to how it does. Also, don't be surprised if you get more questions from at least me about it!

InnoCaption is similar to Sprint Captel, but I find it a little more easier and straight forward, and gives you the same access as a normal phone call on your phone (speaker phone, etc.). InnoCaption stayed connected throughout the entire call, so I was happy with that. Think I'll delete Sprint's off my phone, and re-update everyone yet again with my InnoCaption number. wooooo this is fun! .... not.

InnoCaption is similar to Sprint Captel, but I find it a little more easier and straight forward, and gives you the same access as a normal phone call on your phone (speaker phone, etc.). InnoCaption stayed connected throughout the entire call, so I was happy with that. Think I'll delete Sprint's off my phone, and re-update everyone yet again with my InnoCaption number. wooooo this is fun! .... not.

Thanks

Have you looked at Hamilton? http://www.hamiltoncaptel.com/smartphone/what_is_app.html This is the one that I have been using since before InnoCaption came out. I will have more questions about InnoCaption later.

I haven't no. I'm happy enough with Inno for now so I'll just use that. :)

I haven't no. I'm happy enough with Inno for now so I'll just use that. :)

I wish I could find a number of through independent reviews of Inno. You are the only one that I have seen anything from other than a posting by the company or review on the companies site.

I've seen a LOT of discussions about Inno through different CI groups on Facebook and even HearingJourney.com.

I've seen a LOT of discussions about Inno through different CI groups on Facebook and even HearingJourney.com.

I have heard of more problems with Facebook than things to attract me.

As for HearingJourney.com I discovered that your have to register to even read anything!!!!!!!!!!!! I had looked at it, rather tried to, and discovered that Grrrr registration requirement. It is almost like they don't want you to find out about them before maybe cluttering up their database with people that may well not stay. Before deciding if I want to register for a forum I want to read to get a feel for it to see if it is really something I am interested in.

Remember, Nextalk is not under FCC program, so therefore, if consumers want to use nextalk services, then they have to pay for services. The money go toward to operation, interpreters, etc. FCC is not reimbursing directly to nextalk.

I am so glad that you recognize that. Things are changing. In the last week I have had discussions with both the FCC (they called us) and Sprint (who was advised by the FCC that they should contact us) about relay services.

NexTalk developed the ACCESS communication platform as an agnostic, self supporting communication network specifically for the deaf and hard of hearing...and those who want to communicate with them. We do not rely on the FCC for funding. We do not want to rely on the FCC for funding. Look where relying on the FCC to pay for communication programs have gotten us.

ACCESS is your network. The first update will be out in February and it will bring some additional features. I will let you know how things progress.

Thanks

Gary Tanner
CEO
NexTalk, Inc.

Not fair? :hmm: so you think it is fair that Deaf pays nothing and hearing pays for themselves plus you?

I would understand if it cost 100 dollars a month, but $6.95 a month is too much for you? :hmm:

Now, look at rest of countries other than United States, there is NO such thing as free service for Deafies! Generally they got nothing, so you think paying $6.95 a month is not fair, while the rest of Deafies in other countries have to pay way more than $6.95 a month just to get same service that you wanted?

Diehardbiker....If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? From this post I got the impression that you are not in the US. If that is the case, and you are in Canada, then you can use ACCESS in Canada as well. We installed servers in Toronto a few months ago.

Thanks

Gary

Maybe you should read my quotes below, this should give you enough hint of where i really live.

Diehardbiker....If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? From this post I got the impression that you are not in the US. If that is the case, and you are in Canada, then you can use ACCESS in Canada as well. We installed servers in Toronto a few months ago.

Thanks

Gary

Today Sprint had " Accepting new customers" on their webpage. Sprint IP RelaySM Service is accepting new registrations. Looks like the web portion is free still the cell based service you still must have their phone. Although I would wonder if you can use your web interface on your cell and use the web service? I liked purple better.

http://www.sprintrelay.com/sprint_relay_services/sprint_ip_relay_service.php

Looks like the web portion is free still the cell based service you still must have their phone. Although I would wonder if you can use your web interface on your cell and use the web service?

The Sprint mobile app will run on any up to date Android or Apple device - you don't need a Sprint cell phone. I run the mobile app from both my Nexus 7 tablet (that only has WiFi) and Apple iPad (again, WiFi only).

I've tried using the web service on my phone (Nexus 5), and while it does somewhat work, it isn't very easy to use.

Back