I was offered a "cure" today....

I also had some conartist offer my mother to "fix" my hearing (for a price of course).

There's no such thing as an instant cure for ANY complex medical conditions. The only "enlightening" you will receive is a smaller bank balance. Makes me sick to know people use religion for an unrealistic purpose. Don't bother!

Robertson: Mother Who Can't Heal Son's Deafness Must Be Doing Something Wrong | Right Wing Watch

Robertson: Mother Who Can't Heal Son's Deafness Must Be Doing Something Wrong

Pat Robertson says you must be doing something wrong if you can’t “heal” your son of deafness. After all, Robertson himself has healed deafness before, he said on the 700 Club today. Responding to a question from a mother who asked why her hearing impaired son hasn’t been healed despite her prayers, Robertson said that her son may be hindered by a “spirit of deafness.”
“I have dealt with people who are deaf and you rebuke the spirit of deafness and they get healed,” Robertson said. “I don’t know what you’re doing wrong.”
“Why don’t you try that and if it doesn’t work, try something else,” he said.

(end of copy from website)

I wonder if someone can "heal" Pat Robertson from stupidity and arrogance.

Edit: I'm sorry. Now I'm starting to think this was posted somewhere on the forums already. Can't find it as of yet.

Edit^2: Ha - it wasn't here. It was FB. Now that I'm following some Deaf Rights advocates, my whole online experience is turning into a big blur :0:0:0:0:0

Last edited:
Robertson: Mother Who Can't Heal Son's Deafness Must Be Doing Something Wrong | Right Wing Watch

Pat Robertson says you must be doing something wrong if you can’t “heal” your son of deafness. After all, Robertson himself has healed deafness before, he said on the 700 Club today. Responding to a question from a mother who asked why her hearing impaired son hasn’t been healed despite her prayers, Robertson said that her son may be hindered by a “spirit of deafness.”
“I have dealt with people who are deaf and you rebuke the spirit of deafness and they get healed,” Robertson said. “I don’t know what you’re doing wrong.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conte...be-doing-something-wrong#sthash.FvVx72yg.dpuf

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

So amusing.... Yet sad...

Edit: I'm sorry. Now I'm starting to think this was posted somewhere on the forums already. Can't find it as of yet.

That is an interesting political link. As you may, or may not realize, the 700 Club is actually on the left, not the right. I know .. it might be hard to believe, but Harry Reid attempted to recruit 700 club ministers back in the late 80's.

THE SAGA CONTINUES!!!

"Will you photograph my dog and give me allll the files and some prints and in exchange I'll give you oils?"

Response: thank you for the inquiry however I politely must decline because I separate my business and personal needs, and my business doesn't need oils.

HER response: "I just thought you'd be interested because you need to care for your health.

What I WANTED to respond with? "Lady, I can run a mile before you could even make your sales pitch again. I'm totally healthy. Bitch, please."

She does not cease!

THE SAGA CONTINUES!!!

"Will you photograph my dog and give me allll the files and some prints and in exchange I'll give you oils?"

Response: thank you for the inquiry however I politely must decline because I separate my business and personal needs, and my business doesn't need oils.

HER response: "I just thought you'd be interested because you need to care for your health.

What I WANTED to respond with? "Lady, I can run a mile before you could even make your sales pitch again. I'm totally healthy. Bitch, please."

She does not cease!

Oh gross. She sounds like one of those people, after I interact with, I feel like I need a shower.

I do not know how I would have dealt with that. I have had to deal with people who have said similar things to me in the past - one of which even claimed that I was deaf as a result of sin and lack of faith (yep).

My reply to that one was "Ohhhh, is that why you were born ugly?"

So .... ummm .... sorry this happened to you.

I remember a "friend" told me I was deaf because I didn't listen and this was God's punishment. I should have said "and because you laugh at the homeless, God punished you and made you stupid...."

I remember a "friend" told me I was deaf because I didn't listen and this was God's punishment. I should have said "and because you laugh at the homeless, God punished you and made you stupid...."

Someone told my mother I am HOH because my mom went to see some lions when she was pregnant with me and my mom hand her arms resting on belly at same time. My mom thought this was funny and stupid.

OP, if this person is offering to sell you "essential oils" it should be a tip that this person has their own distillery. You actually have to have a distillery to make essential oils.

In the South, we call these "essential oils' moonshine ;)

So, the person offering to sell you these essential oils might be partly correct - however, it will never, ever, cure deafness, but it will put you in a state of mind that you don't care if you go blind.

http://www.news-reporter.com/news/2009-04-16/front_page/003.html

OP, if this person is offering to sell you "essential oils" it should be a tip that this person has their own distillery. You actually have to have a distillery to make essential oils.

In the South, we call these "essential oils' moonshine ;)

So, the person offering to sell you these essential oils might be partly correct - however, it will never, ever, cure deafness, but it will put you in a state of mind that you don't care if you go blind.

Citizen reports erratic driving, police find cases of moonshine | www.news-reporter.com | News-Reporter

Nope! It's one of those pyramid scheme home consultant things... My mom does it too and I've been an inactive Longaberger consultant on and off because it gets her a free trip to Hawaii etc.... Same as Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, or Shush Shoes... Everything from her shirt, her reference book, and her carry all bag was branded... I'd understand taking pride in your own distillery... I do the same with my job because I truly enjoy it... But when that crosses the line into thinking your product is need by 100% of the population? Uuuugh. It was all about the sale and not about the customer.

I'd understand chatting and seeing that I get headaches or tension or whatever and pairing it with an homeopathic remedy... Hell - I might have even bought that if I experienced it, I've tried it before for nausea... But like I told her... Those nerves don't regrow and I'm not a gecko. Hahaha (geckos regrow their tails if they loose them)... It's just not logical... And she wouldn't take no for an answer either lol

Someone told my mother I am HOH because my mom went to see some lions when she was pregnant with me and my mom hand her arms resting on belly at same time. My mom thought this was funny and stupid.

That has to be...... the most...... absolutely...... retarded thing....... I have...... EVER....... heard...... ever...... as a reason for deafness. Whoever told your mother that should be put in prison..... for being that stupid. :shock:

I want to come up with some scheme you can offer her where you'll try the oils if she'll agree to do something where her safety depends on your hearing. I haven't figured it out yet, but where if the stuff doesn't work, she'll die or sustain serious injury. You can tell her that if she comes out ok you'll pay the $150.

That has to be...... the most...... absolutely...... retarded thing....... I have...... EVER....... heard...... ever...... as a reason for deafness. Whoever told your mother that should be put in prison..... for being that stupid. :shock:

Not to worry that person is no longer alive. I just had to share it as it's so funny and so stupid ! My mom got a kick out of telling me this.

I want to come up with some scheme you can offer her where you'll try the oils if she'll agree to do something where her safety depends on your hearing. I haven't figured it out yet, but where if the stuff doesn't work, she'll die or sustain serious injury. You can tell her that if she comes out ok you'll pay the $150.

Hahahahaha I'll keep lowering you into this pit of doom until you say the code word... Hahahaha I love it. I'd say its a challenge.

Hahahahaha I'll keep lowering you into this pit of doom until you say the code word... Hahahaha I love it. I'd say its a challenge.

Hahahaha perfect!

People should demonstrate real confidence in their products, I think.

Back